Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Nov 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Went back this afternoon for Joan's first B&BW visit there and a couple of tops for me from JCP,

Mick
We went to Posner yesterday afternoon too and also ended up in JCP where I bought capri trousers and Gary bought some tops, all much reduced in the Black Friday sales. Wonder if we were there at the same time as I heard a few British accents?

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Those lanes only changed a few weeks ago. I don't go that way very often but was surprised to see the new traffic light at Westside school still isn't on yet. Apparently wint be until December.

That new school is yet another charter school in Polk County. A bit like academies outside local authority control in the UK. Polk seems to have a thing against building traditional public schools controlled by the county school district.
That junction at Westside school definitely needs the traffic lights to work now! I remember when we would be the only car on that road and it wasn't that long ago, it's got so busy now.

Is the new school you mention that big building they are still working on right opposite Bahama Bay? It looks quite ugly and we wondered what it was going to be.

Debra

Debra & Gary

Hibiscus Ridge
Contemporary 5* Luxury villa on Highlands Reserve Championship golf course, 5-bed 3-bath, SW facing pool & spa, huge gas BBQ & open views over golf course. Safe 10 minute walk to Berry Town Center.

Website www.hibiscusridge.com

Click HERE to see our Dibb advert
Click HERE to read over 40 fantastic Dibb reviews

State License No: DWE6310701
Tetrarch is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
We went to Posner yesterday afternoon too and also ended up in JCP where I bought capri trousers and Gary bought some tops, all much reduced in the Black Friday sales. Wonder if we were there at the same time as I heard a few British accents?

That junction at Westside school definitely needs the traffic lights to work now! I remember when we would be the only car on that road and it wasn't that long ago, it's got so busy now.

Is the new school you mention that big building they are still working on right opposite Bahama Bay? It looks quite ugly and we wondered what it was going to be.

Debra
Yes it is. The Four Corners Charter School you can see in the distance behind it always looks like a prison to me!
Old 20 Nov 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Getting Excited

Had breakfast at Bob Evans on our first morning still the same waitress from over 20 years she gave us a big hug, surprised they are now serving alcohol however they close at 4pm due to staff shortage.
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post

Debra
We were in JCP around 2.30ish. I bought two thinnish long sleeved tops with a three button collar (are they called grandfather collars?) for $9.99 each

I also like Izod short sleeved golf polos. No sign of them but bought one of similar material but nearer $30

Mick

Edited at 06:30 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
That new school is yet another charter school in Polk County. A bit like academies outside local authority control in the UK. Polk seems to have a thing against building traditional public schools controlled by the county school district.
Lol I wish Polk didn't charge me over $1200.00 for schools on my property tax, especially if these charter schools are outside of the county school district control.

Steve

Private pool with conservation view
Extra Large Pool Deck & 6 Seater Hot Tub
70 inch 4k TV with 300+ Cable Tv Channels
Air Conditioned Games Room, Wi Fi, use of TomTom sat nav
Monitored alarm, Large Safe
www.windwoodbaydisneyvilla.co.uk
Credit / Debit Cards Taken
steve@mac155.f is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
Lol I wish Polk didn't charge me over $1200.00 for schools on my property tax, especially if these charter schools are outside of the county school district control.

Steve
Hope you had a good flight Steve?

Mick
Old 20 Nov 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Flight was excellent Mick can not fault Virgin, check in was smooth and they kept us fed and watered well all the way over.

Steve

Private pool with conservation view
Extra Large Pool Deck & 6 Seater Hot Tub
70 inch 4k TV with 300+ Cable Tv Channels
Air Conditioned Games Room, Wi Fi, use of TomTom sat nav
Monitored alarm, Large Safe
www.windwoodbaydisneyvilla.co.uk
Credit / Debit Cards Taken
steve@mac155.f is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Yes the server at BE said there'd been a prang on I-4 so we headed across to Posner after breakfast and came home via Ernie Caldwell, Pine Tree and Champions Gate. Too early to shop but hasn't the housing grown since Nov 2019?

Went back this afternoon for Joan's first B&BW visit there and a couple of tops for me from JCP,

Mick
I can just imagine Joan was like a child in a sweet shop 🤗
I really hope that you both have an amazing trip and that your thanksgiving meal is amazing, itís been a long time coming 😉
Emma x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

Flight was excellent Mick can not fault Virgin, check in was smooth and they kept us fed and watered well all the way over.

Steve
Steve so happy you have finally made it home 🤗
Have an amazing time and enjoy every moment
Emma x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Steve
They are still free public schools for local children though.