Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Dec 21, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm glad they arrived. I love a Kentucy mule so good on Adam. Fab that Cooper fulfilled his chick fil A dreams.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Oh yes! Another food report! Looking forward to reading along 💗
Thanks Karen! They are both so pleased to be back in Orlando and are looking for to some new Restaurants and some old favourites. Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm glad they arrived. I love a Kentucy mule so good on Adam. Fab that Cooper fulfilled his chick fil A dreams.
Thanks Abby. Adam isn’t a big drinker but he does love a Kentucky mule! Cooper is satisfied now he has had his chick fil a, he hasn’t had one since our last trip in 2019, so that was an easy one to check off the list. Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
A fairly swift Uber ride later ($50 including tip) they made it to the hotel. The Hilton at Lake Buena Vista is actually an Official Disney Partner Hotel, so there is some lovely Disney touches throughout.

They even wrapped the elevator doors!

The view of Disney Springs from their room. It’s about a 10 minute walk.

Dinner was an 8pm reservation at City Works. Cooper wasn’t particularly hungry but Adam was doing his best to make sure they stayed awake for as long as possible, to avoid jet lag.

A Kentucky Mule for Adam and water for Cooper. You might be noticing a theme here 😉

They really enjoyed their meal and it was a perfect size to share.

Now I’m not sure if anyone is interested but Adam took loads of pics of spirit jersey’s in World of Disney ( he must have heard me mention it before he left 😉

And just a couple of nighttime Disney Springs pics.

We had a really good chat last night, they both are still slightly shocked that they are there. The plan for today is Cracker Barrel for breakfast and a spot of outlet shopping and then dinner at House of Blues at Disney Springs. 😁
Old 4 Dec 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Love the spirit jersey snaps, a fab dinner too, they're off to a great start.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Adam said the flight was good and the Crew were excellent- one of them had actually lived in Brisbane whilst working for Virgin and had been to our home town (the Sunshine Coast) and had fallen in love with it! He made sure they were well taken care of for the flight, which is really kind.

Adam made himself a Kentucky Mule, Cooper had water and they both had the jerk chicken. Adam enjoyed it, Cooper wasn’t a fan and just ate his pret roll.

They were off the plane quickly and Immigration was super swift. First ride of the holiday - the Monorail!

Hello Orlando!

A quick trip to Chick fil a at the airport. This has been on Cooper’s ‘must go back’ list and he has been dreaming about it for 2 years. 😆

It was a good as they remembered and they are now in an Uber on their way to The Hilton. The plan is still to go to Disney Springs with a later dinner at Cityworks. 😁
Whoop whoop
Glad they’re there ok
Photo of the airport gives me goosebumps 🙊
Can’t wait to see their first full day 🇺🇸❤️
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Love the spirit jersey snaps, a fab dinner too, they're off to a great start.
Abby, Adam said getting those spirit jersey pics were tricky 😳 apparently it was crazy in WOD and he feared for his life. 😱 He said Disney Mum’s are scary 😂
Old 4 Dec 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Whoop whoop
Glad they’re there ok
Photo of the airport gives me goosebumps 🙊
Can’t wait to see their first full day 🇺🇸❤️
X
I react the same way Claire, there is just something about the Hall at Orlando Airport that makes you tingly. 😆 I think there are pancakes on the menu this morning 😍😋
Old 4 Dec 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
After a good sleep for Cooper (nearly 10 hours!) and a slightly shorter one for Adam (6.5 hours) they were up and out. They really like the Hotel and apparently you get given a welcome pack with a variety of vouchers in it. Adam was pleased with his free Starbucks filter coffee with half and half from the Marketplace in the Hotel Lobby. He said there is loads of choice for food and drinks if you wanted a quick breakfast. I believe they also do shuttles to Disney as well.

They caught an Uber to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast 🥞 which is their most favourite place for pancakes!

They loved it (I knew they would!) and then FaceTimed me from the shop to see if there was anything I wanted. It was fun to look at everything but nothing really took my fancy other than a huge Christmas sign which wouldn’t fit in the luggage. 😬

They made their way to Vineland Premium Outlets and got straight into the queue at the Disney Store for me. They found this spirit jersey for $45 but as I haven’t been to Disneyland and I don’t have plans to go there anytime soon I thought it would be weird if I got it. I will just have to get a full priced Christmas one instead 😉

They did try to find something for me but didn’t have any luck and are now off to look at every pair of trainers they can find! 😆

The plan is to shop, have a quick lunch and then head back for some pool time before their reservation tonight at House of Blues. The weather looks amazing. 🤩
Old 4 Dec 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
After a good sleep for Cooper (nearly 10 hours!) and a slightly shorter one for Adam (6.5 hours) they were up and out. They really like the Hotel and apparently you get given a welcome pack with a variety of vouchers in it. Adam was pleased with his free Starbucks filter coffee with half and half from the Marketplace in the Hotel Lobby. He said there is loads of choice for food and drinks if you wanted a quick breakfast. I believe they also do shuttles to Disney as well.

They caught an Uber to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast 🥞 which is their most favourite place for pancakes!

They loved it (I knew they would!) and then FaceTimed me from the shop to see if there was anything I wanted. It was fun to look at everything but nothing really took my fancy other than a huge Christmas sign which wouldn’t fit in the luggage. 😬

They made their way to Vineland Premium Outlets and got straight into the queue at the Disney Store for me. They found this spirit jersey for $45 but as I haven’t been to Disneyland and I don’t have plans to go there anytime soon I thought it would be weird if I got it. I will just have to get a full priced Christmas one instead 😉

They did try to find something for me but didn’t have any luck and are now off to look at every pair of trainers they can find! 😆

The plan is to shop, have a quick lunch and then head back for some pool time before their reservation tonight at House of Blues. The weather looks amazing. 🤩
Pancakes look yummy
I love the buttermilk too of course with syrup 😋😋
Can’t believe they are at the Outlets on their first day, even I don’t do that

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List