Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Nov 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Art Smith's and Monsieur Paul's both look as good as ever, can't wait to get back to both. Loving the report
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Art Smith's and Monsieur Paul's both look as good as ever, can't wait to get back to both. Loving the report
Have you been to Bull &Bear?
OH and I are currently holed up in a pub in London waiting for our son for the day and discussing food! (Most unfriendly and unwelcoming pub EVER! )
That’s by far the best ‘treat’ meal we’ve had in Orlando and whilst not cheap perhaps, considerably cheaper than a Disney signature. Far, far better

Also, the Ravenous Pig over in Winter Park. Really, really good.

Edited at 03:32 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Have you been to Bull &Bear?
OH and I are currently holed up in a pub in London waiting for our son for the day and discussing food! (Most unfriendly and unwelcoming pub EVER! )
That’s by far the best ‘treat’ meal we’ve had in Orlando and whilst not cheap perhaps, considerably cheaper than a Disney signature. Far, far better

Also, the Ravenous Pig over in Winter Park. Really, really good.
No haven't been to Bull and Bear but I know it's very highly rated. Which is the unfriendly pub? (that description doesn't narrow it down much in London )
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
No haven't been to Bull and Bear but I know it's very highly rated. Which is the unfriendly pub? (that description doesn't narrow it down much in London )
Ha ha! It was The Blue Boar.
I was very un-British and complained to the manager at the end. We had paid at this point.
She was the only person in possession of a smile! She was very nice but really it was shocking service.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Great photos

Chef Art is a must for us next year. Really enjoyed it.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I have REALLY enjoyed reading your report. Thank you for finishing it!
Old 20 Jan 22, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Garden Grill

We all really enjoyed this.
It’s a great breakfast option. I’m not a lover of a buffet so this is a good alternative.
I think we asked for a little extra bacon and they brought an entire fresh skillet of everything 😳
We liked it so much we went twice.

Looks like we headed to Universal after breakfast as I have these pictures next in my camera roll

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973

Edited at 09:05 PM.
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Narcoossees

This was the evening DS left his incredibly rare Tampa Bay Rays cap in the toilets. He’d bought it in AMI and had no idea it was rare until we tried to replace it.
Ah well.
We filed a lost property report but it didn’t turn up.

We really enjoyed Narcoossees.
I thought Citricos would trump this when I booked our ADRs but as you know we weren’t fans of Citricos
We had a lovely waterside table.
The picture implies it wasn’t a very nice day but actually it was.

I seem to only have 2 mains so I’ll assume 2 of us had the same.

Again having DXDDP lured us into desserts 😆

You’ll have to guess what the dishes are. I think the tomatoes must have had burrata or something else with them.

We would definitely return here. Everything was fresh and vibrant.

Edited at 11:06 AM.
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Galaxy’s Edge opens!

We had no intention of being in WDW for this. In fact I’d purposely booked dates to avoid it. I just didn’t fancy the crowds at all.
Anyway they brought it forward and we figured we’d stick with our plan of HS for the day.

We saw so many people with lightsaber tubes as we were making our way over. DS chatted to a couple of guys who’d been waiting in line at 3 or 4 AM!

As we entered the park OH managed to get us a boarding pass at 2 ish so we figured it would be worth having a look.

DS and I both had one of these while we watched Beauty and the beast

Obligatory drinks purchase on our wander around Batuu

It was pretty impressive and despite the crowds and the heat, we decided to queue for Smugglers Run.
We got through in around 2 hours ish which really wasn’t bad for opening day.

We had a late lunch reservation at Chefs de France so we dashed back through the park just missing a boat.
DS and I decided to get a bus but OH stubbornly refused, saying it would be quicker to wait for the boat.
Naturally DS and I did what anyone would and sauntered off until out of sight then legged it in a bid to beat him 😂
When we arrived at the Epcot to Entrance, security wanted to warn us about not taking our bottles on a plane and we really didn’t have time for it! Anyway we briefly listened, and then power walked (no running) all the way to France.
It was so, so hot. We arrived about 5 minutes late but this luckily wasn’t a problem. We apologised on behalf of OH (who was nowhere to be seen) and said he’d be along shortly.
We were absolutely roasting and drank an entire jug of water whilst chuckling away to ourselves and trying to appear like we’d had a casual stroll over 🤣🤣🤣
However, he was at least another 30 minutes!
We’d have been the winners without racing.

Anyway, the food.
I’m afraid I have failed miserably here and only have our entree pics. These were easily a main!
Absolutely delicious. We chopped them in half and took them back to the room.
We all recall this was one we’d happily revisit. One of the best single credit restaurants

Edited at 10:05 PM.
Old 20 Jan 22, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Toledo

We had a late reservation here. We hadn’t seen many reviews as it only recently opened but it seemed a good single credit choice.
It did not disappoint!
Firstly, Grand Destino is beautiful

We made our way up in the lift to the Dahlia lounge. We didn’t have time for a drink but OH wanted to have a look. It was really quiet. I think maybe Dorian was headed for us at that stage. Might have been why 🤔
The views from Toledo are fabulous. It would be a good place to watch fireworks.

Onto the food
The menu is a mix of Tapas and some larger plates.
I can’t remember what the deal was for a deluxe credit but it’s kind of irrelevant now anyway.
We had the following…
I can’t remember what all of these were and the menu has changed but

Catalan tomato bread

We think these were savoury churros. Possibly with a romesco sauce?

Blistered, stuffed peppers

Pollo con Aroz I think?

Saffron cauliflower

This was the steak OH and DS shared. It was for 2 but I can’t remember what it was

Lastly Patatas bravas

These were the only disappointment. They were the worst Patatas bravas I’ve ever eaten. Absolutely awful.
God knows what they’d done to them but they tasted distinctly microwaved, soggy and watery. I mean, they’re new potatoes for starters so will never be crispy enough for this dish. Just weird

Aside from that, this wins our vote for the best single credit restaurant.
An excellent meal.
I even rate the chocolate dessert (which we took to go) and I really dislike chocolate desserts.

This was called a progressive chocolate bar and had 4 or 5 different sections and was fabulous!
Our server told us it was developed by the chef from Bull and Bear.
We ate there later in the trip and that review is to come…

I ate mine in bed after a terrifying but also hilarious (once we were safely back) Uber ride.
The guy kept cracking his knuckles and looking at us menacingly. The only word uttered was “Uber” as he pulled up to the security kiosk at the Beach Club .

Edited at 12:00 AM.