Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Feb 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Regal Eagle looks like a great addition to Epcot...Enjoying seeing the offsite options as well. The onion and volcano shrimp looks impressive
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

The new smoke house looks gorgeous, definitely one on our list.
Old 21 Feb 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Regal Eagle looks amazing... lets hope its stays that good!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Regal Eagle was amazing, the spicy mop sauce was delicious although no too much heat. The baked beans with burnt ends looked amazing too!

They have a sauce station with a variety of sauces to try but it was soo busy I couldn’t be bothered to wait

It was just so hot yesterday we wanted something fairly light to eat.
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*

Edited at 07:38 PM.
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
We checked out of OKW this morning, always a sad day 😞

We had a few FP at Magic Kingdom so we parked at the Poly as we knew we were only going to be 2 hrs tops. Magic Kingdom was so busy as it was the Princess 5k marathon today. It is also absolutely freezing 11 degrees. It was 30 yesterday. Always surprises me how quickly the weather changes.

Anyway we headed back to the Poly and headed to Capt Cooks to grab a bit of lunch before we head to the airport.

The toddler had a turkey sandwich with apples and a cookie.

The teen had a hotdog & Fries

The Neice choose a pepperoni Flatbread
[APP]https://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/39359/608c8e16a08e12.jpg[/APP

Hubby had a cheese burger

I chose the pan Asian noodles with vegetables and chicken

With 4 soft drinks it came to $72.05

The noodles were really lovely, hot and fresh.

We also grabbed a blueberry and vanilla Cinderella cupcake for the toddler but seen as though it’s half eaten, I won’t show you that!

We’re now in the car on the way to Tampa Airport sitting in some lovely traffic on the I4. When I spot this for the first time I know I’m on my holiday so I’m always really sad when we pass it for the final time.

*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*

Edited at 07:37 PM.
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Craig_ld
Earning More Ears

Really nice report to read , safe journey home , thanks for some awesome ideas and i am sure it wont be too long before you are planning your next visit
Craig_ld is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Originally Posted by Craig_ld View Post
Really nice report to read , safe journey home , thanks for some awesome ideas and i am sure it wont be too long before you are planning your next visit
Thank you so much 😊
Old 21 Feb 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
We made it to Tampa in 1hr 25 minutes, if only the arrival journey was so quick!

We decided to eat after security which, was a breeze. From arrival at the airport to getting to the gate was 40 minutes. That’s with the two shuttles, bag drop, returning the rental car.

We parked out a spot at liquid provisions for a beer Stella for hubby, Sam Adams for me.

We shared a hot italian flatbread which was $13.99 this was absolutely delicious but not in the slightest hot.

Apologies for the pic we had started eating before I remember a photo

The kids each had a margarita pizza and a drink from Bella Veloce which is facing. Sorry there’s no photo as they were starving and delved straight in.

The neice had a pesto pasta salad from the same place for $9.99 but it went straight in the bin as she said is was really really dry.

I’d thoroughly recommend Tampa airport as it’s so easy to navigate and much nicer than travelling through MCO.
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
So our holiday is officially over

We’re now in the car driving back North from Gatwick. We had just over a hour shaved off our flight due to strong tail winds. And it’s taken 50 minutes from landing to being on the M23. That’s coming through passport control, collecting luggage and collecting the car from the short stay car park!

The flight back was fine

The BA food options were Chicken curry & rice or Cheese & tomato pasta. We all chose Curry

It was actually ok to be fair.

The children’s meal came out and I was so confused as to what the actual meal was supposed to be, so the toddler shared most of my mean. 25 minutes later they brought her meal there was a malfunction with the oven the children’s meals were in apparently.

It was chicken nuggets, these were soggy and awful and cheesy sliced potatoes. She didn’t touch this.

About an hour before landing we were given a croissant and a cereal bar. The cereal bar was pretty much a nutrigrain bar and the croissant I thought was plain at first until I turned it over. These didn’t get eaten so can’t comment on what they were like.

A few notes to mention (if you’re interested) as I’m not doing a trip report.

Overall we’ve had a really positive experience we BA and find them very comparable to Virgin. Whilst we’re only a hour in to the drive back to Manchester I think we’d definitely do Gatwick - Tampa again especially for the cost saving over Virgin. This may change depending on the rest of the journey

We hired a car via Avis (always used Alamo) we had no issues at all and although you can’t choose your own car like you can at MCO with Alamo the car we were given was brilliant. (GMC Yukon XL)

We wouldn’t stay at Riverside again, I found the cleanliness of the room to be questionable. We had so many issues with them holding money on our card at one point it was over £500 yet there was only $67 worth of charges. The one line for check in/enquiries is a nightmare. We queued for around 50 minutes when we arrived and we found the main pool filthy.

We had a lovely time though and the weather was glorious apart from yesterday, it was SO cold! It was however really busy, on par with Christmas crowds.

Thank you for reading, I know it’s a basic food report compared to most but I love scrolling through the food reports so thought I’d repay and do the same!

Edited at 10:14 AM.
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I really enjoyed reading along. Sounds like you all had a great holiday

Joan