Notices

Old 27 Apr 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Thanks for starting this up so that we can share your plans and excitement
Getting married at AMI is a dream: looking forward to hearing more as you finalise plans for your amazing family holiday and celebration
Thank you
After our first visit in 2017 we just knew it would be the perfect spot to get married!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Congratulations Alicia. I’m so envious. To get married at the Sandbar, how perfect. Fingers crossed we will be having Sunday brunch there on September 12th this year. Looking forward to the updates.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
This is going to be your best BIG trip ever.

I loved seeing all the photos from previous trips haven't all the kids grown. Wow! And how lovely that your sister and family will be coming too.

I reckon having two villas is a better choice, a bit of a bolt hole for anyone who wants some rest and time away from the fun. It sounds like you're all going to have your ideal trip with Jim and the other chaps off playing golf, you get to have fun at Disney and then the big kids off to Universal. I'm sure you will all have fun every evening, telling eachother about your day while enjoying a drink at the villa and a soak in the pool.

I'm so excited to follow along with your plans for your wedding on your favourite place in the whole world. I'm so happy for you, I'm sure you will have a wonderful wedding day and I hope to see a few more sunset photos from the wedding day.

Xx
Hi Abby!

We really hope it will be the biggest and best one yet
I loved digging out the old photos, it only seems like yesterday that we first went but the kids have grown up so much since then!

I think having two villas is absolutely necessary, I don't need to remind you of what happened in 2017 . That was the main reason for wanting to stay in a hotel this time, lets hope I don't live to regret this decision
I was a little gutted when the kids said they didn't want to do all the parks but it will be better this way, we'll still have plenty of time at the villa together. They are growing up too quickly

Thank you! Oh you just know I will be bombarding the report with tonnes of sunset photos, you've been warned
xx

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
Congratulations Alicia. I’m so envious. To get married at the Sandbar, how perfect. Fingers crossed we will be having Sunday brunch there on September 12th this year. Looking forward to the updates.
Thank you, we really hope so!
I've got my fingers crossed you get out there too, you'll have to report back on how your holiday was

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 28 Apr 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Alicia this is so very exciting! How fantastic to be able to travel with all of your family. The two villas sound perfect for the trip you are planning. You are so very chilled about how everyone is spending time together but also doing their own things, should make for a stress free trip!

We loved AMI, what a perfect place to get married and also get amazing sunset pics! 💝 honestly the way the time has flown this year, it will be no time at all before it’s 2022.

We did a Miami/Keys road trip in 2018. Key West is one of Adam’s favourite places in the world, it just reminds me of home (which I love). We stayed at the Pier House Hotel and Spa right on Duval Street. It has its own private beach and they even have a golf buggy to drop you off up and down duval street to save your legs (I’m sure Jim would love it!). Hemingway Home and the Truman Little White House were both fantastic and the boys loved the atmosphere at Sloppy Joe’s, the food at Blue Macaw and Sarabeths was delicious too. We ate key lime pie every day (Adam was in heaven).

The drive over the 7 mile bridge was awesome- I have a million photos of water and blue sky and we even stopped at Robbies to feed the tarpon. Definitely an experience- Cooper nearly fell in!

I can’t wait for more updates- it should help pass the time until they confirm exactly what is happening holiday wise this year.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thank you Lisa. You absolutely have to go to AMI when you next visit Orlando, you'll love it! Congratulations on the baby, I noticed on your Instagram the other day you were expecting again. I bet Charlie is so excited to be a bug brother!
Oh thank you so much! We are all very excited... I'm already trying to work out how soon we can introduce the new baby to the Disney magic!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Just seen this and will be following, loved your California trip report, took me back to when we did it in 2013. Would love to do a road trip to the keys maybe 2023 our 40th Wedding Anniversary year.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Alicia this is so very exciting! How fantastic to be able to travel with all of your family. The two villas sound perfect for the trip you are planning. You are so very chilled about how everyone is spending time together but also doing their own things, should make for a stress free trip!

We loved AMI, what a perfect place to get married and also get amazing sunset pics! 💝 honestly the way the time has flown this year, it will be no time at all before it’s 2022.

We did a Miami/Keys road trip in 2018. Key West is one of Adam’s favourite places in the world, it just reminds me of home (which I love). We stayed at the Pier House Hotel and Spa right on Duval Street. It has its own private beach and they even have a golf buggy to drop you off up and down duval street to save your legs (I’m sure Jim would love it!). Hemingway Home and the Truman Little White House were both fantastic and the boys loved the atmosphere at Sloppy Joe’s, the food at Blue Macaw and Sarabeths was delicious too. We ate key lime pie every day (Adam was in heaven).

The drive over the 7 mile bridge was awesome- I have a million photos of water and blue sky and we even stopped at Robbies to feed the tarpon. Definitely an experience- Cooper nearly fell in!

I can’t wait for more updates- it should help pass the time until they confirm exactly what is happening holiday wise this year.
Hey Michelle!
We are all very excited but I think the two mums are the most out of everyone! They’ve been hassling Jim for years to arrange a date 😂
It’s funny as when I first got married I was very uptight about the whole thing and wanted the ‘perfect’ day so I’m not sure if it’s age but I’m fairly chilled about the whole thing, even with what everyone wants to do whilst there. As long as everyone who I care about is there then I’m all good. I might have even forgiven my FIL for the kitchen by then 🤣

There will definitely be sunset pics, many of them. I don’t know what it is about the sun setting but it can make just about anywhere look magical 😍

Ooh thank you for the hotel recommendation, I will definitely look into that one as well. It may come down to cost once we come to book them as I’m kind of coming around to the idea of the Isla Bella resort for our last 2 nights so will need to save on the previous nights to convince Jim it’s worth it 😉

Hopefully an update coming next week!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 1 May 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh thank you so much! We are all very excited... I'm already trying to work out how soon we can introduce the new baby to the Disney magic!
Erm I’d say as soon as they’ve had their jabs 😂
One thing I do really regret is not taking my two when they were younger, I think seeing Disney through the eyes of any age child is wonderful!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 1 May 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
Just seen this and will be following, loved your California trip report, took me back to when we did it in 2013. Would love to do a road trip to the keys maybe 2023 our 40th Wedding Anniversary year.
Thank you Macca 😃
That would be a fantastic way to celebrate your wedding anniversary! I highly recommend stopping in Anna Maria Island for a few nights on the way

IG - alicialanesmith