Notices

Old 18 Jun 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Planned to within an inch of your life… I absolutely love it. My kind of planning. Like I say to my family, you can have fun but only if it is on the schedule
Old 18 Jun 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds good will be interested in feed back about Chrystal River. I have booked flights for June, Bristol to Melbourne, but the rest is still in the chrysalis stage.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
That is the both of them in the images. There are certain things that this trashy pair deem essential on any USA vacation, namely a Baconator in Wendy's, Gorging in the Golden Coral, a rare 9oz Flo's Fillet in the Longhorn .. and Hooters.
Ah yes now I see them both.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

As you are heading over to Tampa anyway I’m quite surprised you didn’t fit in a day at Busch Gardens , it’s one of my favourite parks and dirt cheap when added to the D.C. pass
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
Sounds good will be interested in feed back about Chrystal River. I have booked flights for June, Bristol to Melbourne, but the rest is still in the chrysalis stage.
Hello, Brian. I would very heavily recommend the Rainbow River at nearby Dunellon. You will find it in the Boston trip report in my signature with lots of images.
We are doing the Crystal River this time as comparison with the RR. Crystal River has some resident Manatees, around 40 or so. The others that winter there will have left by end of March/Early April.
There will be a live trip report thread running on this exciting adventure, updated every night.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
As you are heading over to Tampa anyway I’m quite surprised you didn’t fit in a day at Busch Gardens , it’s one of my favourite parks and dirt cheap when added to the D.C. pass
You have missed it! It comes after Crystal River as we head South. We have booked the Best Western for the night before as it is only 100 yds from the Busch main entrance and has free parking as well as complimentary breakfast at £65 or so for the four of us.. After Busch, we then sleep at Venice that night.

Like yourself, Busch is a big favourite with us.

Edited at 07:47 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
Looks like a good trip. We were booked to stay at the BW Crystal river last October and we all know how that went. Something to look forward to. 😊
We are not sure on this one and it was selected purely on location. There will of course be a review of it in my trip report.. without pictures and descriptions of food. I very rarely cover food unless it is unusual or noteworthy. I simply eat the stuff!
Old 18 Jun 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Planned to within an inch of your life… I absolutely love it. My kind of planning. Like I say to my family, you can have fun but only if it is on the schedule
I retired from a rather demanding, largely deskbound role into one that I would politely describe as rather unchallenging cerebrally. My Pension high water had been reached and it was time to go get another one.

I guess that I now use my mental energies, building vacations, researching and dibbing, hence my sometimes ‘voluminous’ posts.

Edited at 05:08 PM.
Old 18 Jun 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Sounds phenomenal! I think after next years Orlando trip ( 3rd time lucky) these will be the sorts of trips we will do. I’ll be coming to you for advice! Our eldest will be 16 next year and I think the US trips are the only ones that will keep them wanting to come with us for longer.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Sounds phenomenal! I think after next years Orlando trip ( 3rd time lucky) these will be the sorts of trips we will do. I’ll be coming to you for advice! Our eldest will be 16 next year and I think the US trips are the only ones that will keep them wanting to come with us for longer.
If you are looking for this sort of vacation, then have a look at the Boston one in my signature. That may really float your boat! Trains, Planes and … Automobiles as well as a boat!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196