Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Nov 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Vapiano’s in Disney Village seems to get good reviews if you like Italian food - not fine dining but very edible!
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Quatrieme jour

After Chez Remy on Wednesday, we decided that Nev needed to go home as we had news that one of our dogs was ill. The kennels had taken him to the vet and he was in good hands but he was very lethargic and being a daddy’s boy, we decided he would get a boost from seeing Nev. Happy to report that the dog is now at home and doing well.

But it meant that yesterday was a solo day for me. As usual I had breakfast in the room, we had bought a bag of pastry type things at the station on Monday and I am having one every day and that works for me.

After I finished at the park, which is quite early as it is so busy, I came back to the hotel and had some lunch in the downstairs cafe Bleeker Street. I ordered a lobster brioche with a cappuccino. Very nice if a little pricey at €20 for the size of it, regardless of it being lobster. I have realised my photo might make this look normal sandwich size, but it isn’t, it is more the size of a sandwich on a high tea.

For dinner I had managed to get into the hotel’s Downtown Restaurant. Strange that they seemed to have reservations for one person but not two, even though my table would definitely have fitted the both of us.

Downtown is a buffet and is back to normal self service after a period of the food being brought to the table. There is an American section, an Italian section, a Chinese section and desserts. I had a plate from each of the cuisine types, although the first one (American) is a bit muddled. I then picked a few desserts. I also ordered a mocktail, which was some orange and tropical fruit mixture, it cost nearly as much as the cocktails and I probably should have passed.

The mocktail was lovely but should not have cost €12! On the American plate I really enjoyed the mini burger, on the Chinese plate the duck was fabulous and such generous pieces, but I didn’t enjoy the shumai and they stuck to the bottom of the steamer (I noticed the person at the next table had the same issue). Italian is my favourite cuisine, I had thought the main dish on offer was lasagne but when I went to get it I found it was aubergine parmigiana, which was even more appealing to me, but it wasn’t that good, the aubergine was dried out. The meatballs and gnocchi were both nice.

I am not crazy about desserts but knowing people on the dibb were depending upon me, I selected six. I only finished one of them honestly, the one with the red Marvel shield was panna cotta and raspberry and was the one I polished off. The Groot chocolate mousse was really lovely but far too rich for me. The donut wasn’t a donut as we know them, it was a donut shape cake of some description, too dry I didn’t like it at all. The white one on the middle was a very sweet meringue.

I thought it was a decent buffet overall and I would book it again.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We have Downtown, Manhattan and Steakhouse booked so that is good to see.

Sorry about your dog, hope he continues to get better.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I’m sorry to hear about your dog and that Nev had to go home. I’m pleased they’re doing better now though.

The desserts looks fabulous - thank you for getting 6 in aid of dibb research
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Thank you for your service to Dibb Dessert Lovers 😂

I hope your dog is OK 💗

I would be quite unhappy at paying that for a mocktail. I’m not generally a fan of buffets at all so that probably rules it out anyway but out of nosiness how much was it?

The lobster brioche does look delicious and quite big from the camera angle so thanks for mentioning the true size as I would have been fooled
Old 5 Nov 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We have Downtown, Manhattan and Steakhouse booked so that is good to see.

Sorry about your dog, hope he continues to get better.
I have a Manhattan reservation tonight and that will be me done as home in the morning.

The dog who had not eaten since Sunday is back to his “what-are-you-eating-and-where-is-mine usual self”.

Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I’m sorry to hear about your dog and that Nev had to go home. I’m pleased they’re doing better now though.

The desserts looks fabulous - thank you for getting 6 in aid of dibb research
Sometimes you have to take one for the team.

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Thank you for your service to Dibb Dessert Lovers 😂

I hope your dog is OK 💗

I would be quite unhappy at paying that for a mocktail. I’m not generally a fan of buffets at all so that probably rules it out anyway but out of nosiness how much was it?

The lobster brioche does look delicious and quite big from the camera angle so thanks for mentioning the true size as I would have been fooled
We have never really done buffets that much over the years, but we started doing a couple of character ones a couple of years ago and then we did Boma which we thought was excellent so we are more open to them now.

It was a little noisy when I arrived just before 7pm, but I thought it had quietened down a bit by 8pm as I was leaving.

I always preview my posts and it was only when I did so that I realised the lobster brioche looked regular sized, so I went back and clarified. It was two bites per half.
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm definitely a dessert person, and they look delicious.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I’m enjoying your report so much although I’m sorry that not all the food and service is up to standard

So sorry Nev had to go home but we would have made the same choice if our dog was unwell. I’m pleased to hear he’s feeling better now xx

I love the desserts, thank you for indulging for us 😂 My DD would love the Avengers theme of those, and the Captain America one sounds delicious
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Two bites per half

Your dog is adorable