Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Dec 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Log burner

Sorry to ask again about a log burner/multifuel stove. The company have just been and left me a limestone hearth so I can get an idea on colour and how it will look. I think I've chosen a stove. Its going to be a free standing rectangular stove with a flue up and out of a flat wall. I dont have a chimney. Theres a piece of matching limestone going behind the fire to protect the wall. I cant find any picture of similar online so its hard to imagine how it will look. Does anyone have similar who would be willing to share please? I just need to make a decision on how hight up the wall to go with the flue.
Old 3 Dec 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Have a look on pintrest as there are some pics on there but unsure how to copy them sorry Good luck
Old 3 Dec 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

This is ours. We absolutely love it. Its a Dunsley. I wanted the flue to go as high as possible to get as much heat into the room from the pipe. It then goes out of the wall and up the exterior (no chimney)
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Have a look on pintrest as there are some pics on there but unsure how to copy them sorry Good luck
I've looked on there and can't find exactly what I wanted but thankyou x
Old 3 Dec 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
This is ours. We absolutely love it. Its a Dunsley. I wanted the flue to go as high as possible to get as much heat into the room from the pipe. It then goes out of the wall and up the exterior (no chimney)
Thats perfect thankyou so much. Have you got any protection on the wall behind the stove. He said its not regulation to put anything but the plaster may crack if not. I prefer the flue up higher, he said I can choose the height when they cut thro.
Old 3 Dec 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

Not the same fire as you but more to show you our wall, plaster has never cracked , our flu is 12 ft, the heat off the flu is like a radiator

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post

Not the same fire as you but more to show you our wall, plaster has never cracked , our flu is 12 ft, the heat off the flu is like a radiator
Thankyou looks lovely x
Old 3 Dec 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We have fireboard (heat proof plaster board) behind the fire. We were told normal plaster would crack with the heat. We covered over the cracks with filler and painter’s caulk. We can always add tiles, bricks to change it up in the future.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
We have fireboard (heat proof plaster board) behind the fire. We were told normal plaster would crack with the heat. We covered over the cracks with filler and painter’s caulk. We can always add tiles, bricks to change it up in the future.
Thankyou x