Notices

Old 16 Feb 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

The "Almost no time for a pre-trippy" Trip March 2017 updated # 38

Well who would have figured – as we finished our amazing Triple Treat Tour last summer we had no clear plans for our future holidays and yet here we are with less than a month to go – and we are off to Florida

So how did that come about and what have we been up to ?

Who are we ?

This slightly crazy bunch

Although this member of the crazy bunch sadly left us in early January

Her tumor got the better of her and we had to let her go.

RIP Minxypinxy – we miss you xx

And these two are not coming

This one will be away at uni

Here he is on moving in day ..

And this one is at school and our friends who house sat for us last year are doing the same again – but with an incumbent teen !

I know, the fox, it’s a family heirloom , it used to scare the pants off me as a child but when my parents moved I had to have him.

Speaking of whom

They spent Christmas with us which was lovely – Dad continues to have variable health ( being poorly almost straight after Xmas and it was NOT my cooking !)

So that just leaves these two, who along with son number two, are also staying at home

Crikey, its more complicated than an episode of Who do you think You Are !

Basically all that ramble is just to tell you none of that lot are coming

Just us two

Although we have gained a few lbs since those fab Randy Chapman pics on our honeymoon

As our grandsons christening shows …

He’s such a cutie and has just turned 1 – now that is scary.

Enough of the family then …

Regular readers will recall that we had a lot of family drama last summer, with Andys Mum passing away suddenly and numerous other family members being poorly.

So it felt like a long slog to the holiday and there was still lots to deal with when we got back.

Not least my horrible 6 hour daily commute to work which thanks to a certain train company started to become a living nightmare – 6 hours would become 8 hours and some days I had no idea if I would get home at all.

Strikes, cancellations and endless delays were just so awful and so tiring that as the autumn came, it really started to have an effect.

I had a fabulous job and an amazing team but it couldn’t go on so when a whiff of a re structure surfaced I took the decision to go and so found myself out of work just before Christmas

Slightly terrifying and yet also a huge relief to be free from the horror travel.

And I am still looking for a new role but just enjoying being at home and having the time to think about what next.

Of course the sensible thing to do then is to book some holidays !

I have started on our plans for the Big One – which co incides with an upcoming birthday of importance

We went to see this in late summer

And he said this

And this

Both very fitting as both 50 and Elvis feature in the Big One .. but you have to wait for that pre trippy ….

Back to this trip – Jeez pages in already and no damn details woman

As its one of those important years I am endeavouring to do something special every month and thus far failing dismally so was somewhat taken aback when Andy suggested that we just take a cheeky week or 10 days away – he had holiday to use, I am at home so why not .

He has been keen to catch up again with his cousin whom we met in New York so after agreeing a window of dates and sorting the domestic arrangements we hit the booking sites – Kayak from morning noon and night …

As there is a big trip coming up, this one is strictly budget

And so far so good

£720 Virgin flights LGW-MCO and care hire – yes an amazing VH flydrive package in the last few hours of their sale – whoop whoop

£120 to stay/breakfast/park/meet and greet – at the Sandman signature at Three Bridges – perfect after Twilight checkin !

£57 for the Rosen Inn on arrival night and £55 for the Clarion Inn on the night before we leave ( so we can hop across for DS bag drop)

We are making our way to Largo – near Clearwater and Tampa

and accommodation sharing with family near Indian Rocks Beach

(last two images courtesy of Google)

How fab is that then - less than £1000 for 10 days in sunny Florida.

Let the shopping commence …….

No of course, I meant let the packing commence …

And I know it’s a budget trip – so I couldn’t really justify the £30 pp seat booking fee on the outward flight– outrageous – but on realising Andy will be driving home , I did think it made sense to pre book seats coming home – at 6’4” having his knees up round his nose for the flight home wont make for a restful flight.

So unbeknown to him I did today book us ELR seats – I will sit in front of him as being of gnome like proportions I never need to recline so he wont have any issues.

I did think about booking the bubble but the flight looks empty at the moment ( except all the exit row seats had gone ) so I wondered if they might shut the bubble and by then the ELR seats would have gone.

OMG talk about planning problems , seat selection eh !

So that’s done – we take our chances on the way out so its quite possible I may be on the pilots knee and Andy may be in the luggage hold but who cares – we will be on our way.

Coming home we will have the teeny few inches of ELR and hopefully that will help.

And that’s it – happily I had already renewed our ESTAS last month as - I wouldn’t start booking our other trip till these were done and how lucky is that as we get to make double use of them ….

And that really is it – Apart from arriving and departing there are no plans

How scary is that

Expect updates soon – well they better be soon as we are nearly blimmin off !

Edited at 09:09 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

How lovely ! A bonus trip 😁 So sorry about your wee dog 😢 And well done for getting rid of the kids this trip 😉 Bonus ! At the rate we keep producing I might get a trip without the kids in my 70s 🙄
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

How exciting! Well done for organising a child free trip bargainous too so more money for shopping
Old 16 Feb 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
beth21
Excited about Disney

The two of you will have a lovely time
We love going with family but are so happy just the two of us...enjoy
beth21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Hi Amanda.
Good to read all of your latest news about the family, and a new trip is on the cards. Glad the boys are doing well. I am sure that a new opportunity is just around the corner for you, you really couldn't have gone on with that commute.
The bonus trip sounds amazing, but also the trip that you have planned for later in the year sounds incredible.
Looking forward to updates...

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
*andrea*
Excited about Disney

ooh goody another trippie!
I did mention on another thread that i noticed your countdown had gone down drastically.
We are doing a kiddie free week too at about the same time as you. Cant wait!
*andrea* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Gusgusmummy View Post
How lovely ! A bonus trip 😁 So sorry about your wee dog 😢 And well done for getting rid of the kids this trip 😉 Bonus ! At the rate we keep producing I might get a trip without the kids in my 70s 🙄
Ah bless you. It's so odd though as now I just feel guilty that they are not coming !

Originally Posted by twinkleshmoo View Post
How exciting! Well done for organising a child free trip bargainous too so more money for shopping
I think bargainous may just become my new favourite word ! We couldn't believe the fly drive price , it was easily a few hundred pounds cheaper than doing it separately. There were 4 hours left of the sale and Andy was like book it , book it , stop dithering !

Originally Posted by beth21 View Post
The two of you will have a lovely time
We love going with family but are so happy just the two of us...enjoy
Ah thanks . Same here, I love going with the boys but it will be nice to have some us time too.

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post

Hi Amanda.
Good to read all of your latest news about the family, and a new trip is on the cards. Glad the boys are doing well. I am sure that a new opportunity is just around the corner for you, you really couldn't have gone on with that commute.
The bonus trip sounds amazing, but also the trip that you have planned for later in the year sounds incredible.
Looking forward to updates...
Thanks Klare, it was really getting me down. Some nights I would call Andy in tears from a station God knows where as they would just cease the train and not care what time you got a connection. I feel a bit bitter as it kind of robbed me of a job I loved but things happen for a reason .

I am so excited about the trip in September. We are going to have such a fab time. I can hardly focus on this one as all my planning has been for the other one . And of course, I need to assess the dress situation

Originally Posted by *andrea* View Post
ooh goody another trippie!
I did mention on another thread that i noticed your countdown had gone down drastically.
We are doing a kiddie free week too at about the same time as you. Cant wait!
Lol, I just saw that , too funny. I think we are twins ! Happy hols to you too
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Fabulous, a new trip for you and a trip report for us when you return home. I always enjoy reading your trippies especially with the boys in, having a teenage son of my own it makes me laugh how they all seem to be so similar. It was so sad when your lovely boxer died, such a character.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ooh - how lovely. Can't wait to read all about it 😀
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Fabulous, a new trip for you and a trip report for us when you return home. I always enjoy reading your trippies especially with the boys in, having a teenage son of my own it makes me laugh how they all seem to be so similar. It was so sad when your lovely boxer died, such a character.
Ah thanks, I really will have to squeeze in a trip with the boys somewhere

We do miss Minx shuffling around the place. She was like that NooNoo from Teletubbies with her nose constantly hoovering the floor in her quest for food I grew up with a boxer so they always have a special place for me .

Originally Posted by HEMANCLOFTY View Post
Ooh - how lovely. Can't wait to read all about it 😀
Thanks ... You should be packing . Single digits EEK