Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Feb 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I guess having more names on there reduces the chances of matching the watch list...
Old 11 Feb 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by baboons View Post
Yes, but there's no evidence of this being a problem as yet.
I agree, but there is this sense from people that the ESTA means the same as entry into the USA it does not. ESTA is an approval to travel it does not guarantee entry into the USA even if approved. It’s not like they’re cross referencing all the applications is approved solely on your responses to questions and any algorithm they have to pick up on certain names

OP

There is a thread stating that many people have travelled in the past few months with no middle name and have had no issues
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Woody252506
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Cantbbothered View Post
Just done ESTA for the rest of my family, but I know I have messed up. For my daughter I didnt include her middle name. ive now paid for it and waiting for for approval. Will this matter now or will I have to re-apply for another esta for my daughter?

Cant believe I did this
Thanks all
Check out this thread - don't panic
Woody252506 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Woody252506 View Post
Check out this thread - don't panic
Did you mean to link this one - that I jokingly suggested that you should a week or so back

https://DIBB.in/13663685

Mick
Old 11 Feb 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Woody252506
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Did you mean to link this one - that I jokingly suggested that you should a week or so back

https://DIBB.in/13663685

Mick
Thats the one! Sorry - forgot to paste the link!
Woody252506 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I went through JFK yesterday without putting my middle name on my esta, everything was fine. Husband had the cross so we had to wait about 25mins but still no issues with middle name not being on esta but being on passport.
MrsBigdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Of course if you use the tools supplied on the application, such as the scan your passport one, or the ever present help (?) buttons, then this “problem” goes away.

I suppose it’s like speeding...
The sign says 40, you do 50 and get off with it ( until you don’t)
The ESTA application says to put in middle names, you don’t, and get off with it ( until... )

It’s a low risk but it’s still there.

It’s a case of doing what’s asked and not assuming what’s asked, although the form is a bit ambiguous.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantbbothered
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I did it for the first one on my phone never again as it still put all the wrong info in like my wife passport was from uk dtn or something and still had loads of red telling me to go back and fill in. So for my daughters I got this thing called a laptop out brushed off the cobwebs was a lot easier (apart from missing her middle name out on one of my daughters)
Cantbbothered is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cantbbothered View Post
I did it for the first one on my phone never again as it still put all the wrong info in like my wife passport was from uk dtn or something and still had loads of red telling me to go back and fill in. So for my daughters I got this thing called a laptop out brushed off the cobwebs was a lot easier (apart from missing her middle name out on one of my daughters)
Don’t beat yourself up over it. I did the same for 4 of them exc middle names. I was really cross for about a week but I just did them again - stress gone away! It’s a little annoying having to pay again but it’s a small price to pay if something went wrong
Old 11 Feb 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantbbothered
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

This is what I’m thinking just for piece of mind $14 to get sorted
Cantbbothered is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List