Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Aug 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Whilst I'm glad they seem to be negotiating, it does leave everyone hanging!
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Wappum View Post
Balpa have just tweeted that both sides have agreed to resume talks next week and so no dates will be announced at this time
Fantastic news! That should mean we are safe for our outgoing flight!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I honestly think that if they do plan to strike they'll target BH weekend for maximum disruption.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I honestly think that if they do plan to strike they'll target BH weekend for maximum disruption.
Yes I think so too,unfortunately we fly on the friday 23rd of bank holiday weekend😫
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kipperphill View Post
I think that makes it safe until 19 August which puts us in the clear (going out at least). Good luck to everyone else worrying.
Yes, we are in the clear too, well, for our outbound at least. Relieved for us, but i know the stress for those flying the week after us will now be building. Really hope it gets resolved fully soon and all can get back to happier holiday thoughts!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

We are ok for going out, as is the rest of our party now, but coming back remains to be sen
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

You would hope that after 2 and half days of talks and plans to resume on Monday that some progress is being made and there is at least some hope of resolution...or maybe thats just me being ever the optimist
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Well, half relieved at least although I agree they will go for bank holiday weekend to impact the most. Heathrow strikes due to be that weekend so they might avoid that due to not wanting to get lost in the number of strikes.

Glad they still think there is something to negotiate about but what on earth have they been talking about? I agree with other dibber who said the catering must be good...
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It's their 100th birthday that weekend too. Aug 25th. Day I fly 😫
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

I really hope all this 'talking' means that they are working towards a resolution. I am finding it so hard to be excited for our trip now and am holding off booking our mnsshp untill i know for sure our flight will go ahead as dont want to potentially waste any more money.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List