Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Aug 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

This argument is always going to be there. I always stay off site. I have to get on with it like many others. People are always going to have their opinions about wether it’s fair or not, as long as people don’t take it personally and get attacked by their opinion, that is, after all what this site is all about. Being able to talk about all things Disney...and other subjects, getting help Information and be allowed to have a moan occasionally.
No... we definitely don’t want the Universal tactic

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Not everyone can afford to stay onsite due to the overpriced hotels. We all pay the same price for our Disney tickets so the benefits of the park should be fairer. The old system didn’t care wether you were onsite or off. The sad thing is there are people staying onsite who will book fastpasses regardless of them visiting a park that day. It’s the can have must have attitude of the modern human.
A lot of us who stay on site make sacrifices and save for a few years. It depends on if you're willing to do the same.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
A lot of us who stay on site make sacrifices and save for a few years. It depends on if you're willing to do the same.
A lot of us who don’t stay onsite save for a few years and make sacrifices also.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

Why does everyone think those staying onsite are paying a premium? I haven't left the house yet and so far our two week off site holiday for 5 has cost over £10k. I would estimate that all in it's going to be £15k +. I'm pretty sure I could stay on site for less than that if I wanted to? But, that's my choice and I'm ok with it.

The FP system is rubbish, has been for a long while. However, it's not going to be long before Disney charge (a lot) for them.

It's more indicative of how Disney has changed over the years. I think this will be our last visit (and we've been 20+ times), unfortunately, it's now all about profit, and to be honest, it's putting this holiday under a bit of a cloud for me. I hope that this two weeks doesn't become ALL about money
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I’ll tell you what’s not fair... I can’t ride FOP as it makes me feel sick! 😫

There are quite a few rides I can’t ride due to motion sickness but I still like to stay onsite. I just love the atmosphere (and DDP) which is what makes us go back.

At least my Family get to enjoy the rides even if I can’t. 😁

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Not everyone can afford to stay onsite due to the overpriced hotels. We all pay the same price for our Disney tickets so the benefits of the park should be fairer. The old system didn’t care wether you were onsite or off. The sad thing is there are people staying onsite who will book fastpasses regardless of them visiting a park that day. It’s the can have must have attitude of the modern human.
Not everyone can afford to do or buy many things in life, it does not mean it is unfair that others do or can. In life you tend to get what you pay for.

We all agree that tickets cost the same for onsite and offsite guests and for that all get access to four theme parks and two water parks.

As has been explained, the additional benefits for onsite guests have been paid for through the hotel costs not the park ticket costs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I would add, Disney while may reduce free fastpasses they won’t start charging for them, Disney don’t offer the system out of the goodness of their hearts but it helps they predict crowd levels as it tells them what parks people intend to visit on what days and this allows them to allocate resources such as staff more accurately which saves them money, if fast passes become chargeable then staffing costs will go up
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

There’s lots of things in life that aren’t fair but if that’s the biggest issue you have in life then you’re doing well.
We all know when booking accommodation on or offsite how this will affect our FP options and it’s a choice everyone makes.
Personally I can’t think of anything worse than being stuck in a hotel room with my 3 kids for 2wks (they’re my entire world but I need a bit of “me time” to stay sane) so a villa is our best option which means we have 30 day FP so we’ll just deal with it and see what happens, would rather miss out on a couple of rides and have the extra space.
The only thing that really irritates me with FP is people (and it can be on or off site guests) that book them “just incase” that takes away from people who genuinely want to go. If you’re not sure, don’t book til you are.
Happy holidays people 😁

Edited at 02:37 PM.
Wizz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I’ll tell you what’s not fair... I can’t ride FOP as it makes me feel sick! 😫
There are quite a few rides I can’t ride due to motion sickness but I still like to stay onsite. I just love the atmosphere (and DDP) which is what makes us go back.
At least my Family get to enjoy the rides even if I can’t. 😁
Kat
Same here, I am praying that I will be ok on FOP as there are so few rides I can do without feeling too sick too, but I love just being there and its no bother to me to wait while DH does all the major rides & I am happy to book the rides like TOT & Everest just for him & he can also do single rider where there is one, so its important for me to have a FP for the few rides I can do & for that I am prepared to keep checking and changing in order to do so hence we to always stay on site even if we have to cut down from 14 to 10 days to do so.
Old 10 Aug 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Nordboy View Post
Why does everyone think those staying onsite are paying a premium?
Because staying at an equivalent quality hotel offsite costs a lot less than staying onsite. You do pay a premium for staying onsite.

I can stay (and will be staying) at an offsite suite hotel that is significantly cheaper than my onsite stay at POFQ. And the offsite room will be bigger with a separate living area to the bedroom.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread