Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Aug 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Boston/ New England restaurant recommendations

We are doing a New England road trip this autumn and now all the hotels and a rough itinerary are booked in I am starting to consider the most important bit... food! We are travelling around a lot (Boston, Cape Cod, Newport, Providence, Mystic, New Havern, Hartford, Burlington, White Mountains, Acadia, Portsmouth, Salem... and other areas in between!) so will take any food recommendations on the route!

I am especially interested in anywhere that does amazing and over the top pancakes (the more toppings the better), decent steak, BBQ, cute diners, Italian... We don't have very expensive taste and so decent food and affordable is our ideal place

Appreciate all recommendations
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I always recommend the Maine Diner for lots of options and good variety. Also Bob's Clam Shack in Kittery for a fried seafood fix.

I have lived my entire life in New England and it is not known for Barbeque, so I wouldn't go looking for it.

Federal Hill in Providence is the best place for Italian. When I was growing up we would do our grocery shopping on Friday and then go here casertapizzeria/ for dinner. And this is where my Italian American family went to eat out chelos/.

/www.greggsusa.com A good place to up your calories with a dessert.

I try to think of others as I have free time.

Edited at 05:11 PM.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

We have just returned from Bar Harbor in Acadia. We enjoyed the Chart House on the outskirts of Bar Harbor. Lots of locals there, primarily a fish restaurant but they did burgers and steaks too.
Also enjoyed pizza in Bar Harbor at Rosalie’s cheap, cheerful, delicious and very popular. We were also recommended Geddes but never made it.
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
I always recommend the Maine Diner for lots of options and good variety. Also Bob's Clam Shack in Kittery for a fried seafood fix.

I have lived my entire life in New England and it is not known for Barbeque, so I wouldn't go looking for it.

Federal Hill in Providence is the best place for Italian. When I was growing up we would do our grocery shopping on Friday and then go here casertapizzeria/ for dinner. And this is where my Italian American family went to eat out chelos/.

/www.greggsusa.com A good place to up your calories with a dessert.

I try to think of others as I have free time.
Perfect, thank you! Maine diner looks right up our street. My boyfriend would love the clam shack, as long as I can find something not fishy there as well! The Italian and dessert both look great too. We will probably end up at a BBQ restaurant somewhere, just because not great American BBQ is still better than we can get here lol. Appreciate the help

Originally Posted by jengibbo View Post
We have just returned from Bar Harbor in Acadia. We enjoyed the Chart House on the outskirts of Bar Harbor. Lots of locals there, primarily a fish restaurant but they did burgers and steaks too.
Also enjoyed pizza in Bar Harbor at Rosalie’s cheap, cheerful, delicious and very popular. We were also recommended Geddes but never made it.

Thanks for the recommendations, shall look into them, but the pizza especially sounds perfect!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

There are some gorgeous (expenisive) fish restaurants in Boston, near the harbour. There was also a lovely looking bar that did oysters, think it is the oldest bar in the US.
TigerGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TigerGirl View Post
There are some gorgeous (expenisive) fish restaurants in Boston, near the harbour. There was also a lovely looking bar that did oysters, think it is the oldest bar in the US.
Thank you for this! Unfortunately I do not like any fish or seafood, so it does not sound like I will be eating so well on this trip! My BF will probably do well though as he loves fish so he will be happy
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
lots of Italians in Boston and we loved the BlackBirch in Kittery , looks nothing from outside but fantastic food , you cant book so prepare to queue

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List