Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Aug 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile Sorry I know this has been asked before...

We haven’t been to Florida for 20 years. It’s getting close now and I’m getting more anxious/nervous/excited each day.
We’ll be arriving at MCO with Thomas Cook, taking the Magical Express to Disney.
The question is we don’t want to do the second bag drop thingy, just collect bags and go straight to ME. Could some kind Dibber run through the process from landing to ME please? Thank you. Once again sorry for covering old ground...I will write it down this time 😳
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can't do anything better than suggest that you read the detailed walk through in the "International Arrivals Guide" here. Photos are self-explanatory.

orlandoairports/getting-...parture-guides

You will arrive at gates 70-99 on monorail 4 side B. Never used the DME but I believe it leaves from level 1 side B.

Doing the courtesy baggage transfer is still available but totally optional. We never use it.

Mick
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
PS

Hope you've got your ESTAs? When you last went they still used the green I-94 immigration forms.

Mick
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Very easy process:

1. once off the plane follow the crowds to immigration and get ready for a wait, if there isn't much of one bonus but this can take 1hr+ on bad days.

2. Go to bag collect, grab your luggage then up escalators or lifts to the monorail type thing that takes you to the main terminal.

3. then head to terminal B - all in the same building just one side is A the other B, take the lift down to level 1 and follow signs to the DME check in area, then put yourself in disney's hands and relax! DME is well signposted but at the end of all the car rental counters, as you come out of the lifts turn left and you will find it easily enough.

Apologies for the list, just how my mind works best when explaining things. Hope you have a great time, there is so much great new stuff for you to see.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Just make sure you can manage all your bags up an escalator/flight of stairs and without a trolley.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Thank you so much guys, as always, very helpful. 👏
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Did someone mention recently the lift is now available to use?
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Miss_Tangled View Post
Did someone mention recently the lift is now available to use?
The route to the escalator serving the monorail has recently been altered (last couple of years at the most). In the previous arrangement the lift, in theory, was only for disabled use. You now walk along a short corridor. See photo 4 in the arrivals guide that I posted earlier. On the right on the floor are two black squares - they are near the lift and in the three or four times we've used the "new" way we have seen families with toddlers waiting. Escalator is still very easy though.

Mick
Old 21 Aug 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
The route to the escalator serving the monorail has recently been altered (last couple of years at the most). In the previous arrangement the lift, in theory, was only for disabled use. You now walk along a short corridor. See photo 4 in the arrivals guide that I posted earlier. On the right on the floor are two black squares - they are near the lift and in the three or four times we've used the "new" way we have seen families with toddlers waiting. Escalator is still very easy though.

Mick
When I flew back a few weeks ago they didn't even seem to be using the 2nd bag drop. They actually had someone at the bottom of the escalator offering to help. Not sure what would have happened if you really can't manage without a trolley but the situation has definitely improved for most people at least. I can remember years ago when they forced you to put all checked bags back on the belt.
Old 21 Aug 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
When I flew back a few weeks ago they didn't even seem to be using the 2nd bag drop. They actually had someone at the bottom of the escalator offering to help. Not sure what would have happened if you really can't manage without a trolley but the situation has definitely improved for most people at least. I can remember years ago when they forced you to put all checked bags back on the belt.
Way back in time and maybe in the last millennium we recall booking with the old Travel City Direct and flying into MCO on BA and we do remember being "strongly encouraged" to use the courtesy baggage transfer as we probably knew no different. When we started to fly into MCO regularly after 2008 we'd always avoid eye contact with anyone standing near the carousel and head straight for the escalator.

Only two of us anyway and easily manage a case each on the escalator.

Mick