Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Aug 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

ESTA query..

I took my partner to California with me in December 2017, and we applied for an ESTA for him at this time.

I know an ESTA lasts for 2 years, however for my own sanity I just wanted to double check however when I go on the US Gov website to check ESTA status, it always brings up a failed message?

Has anyone else experienced this? I have tried for a couple of weeks now..

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've no experience of what's happening for you but I assume you've been on the official site to check it?

esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/applic...execution=e1s1

You'll need passport details

Mick
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I've no experience of what's happening for you but I assume you've been on the official site to check it?

esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/applic...execution=e1s1

You'll need passport details

Mick
Yes I even went on the website just now and it said unable to proceed due to a technical error, it was saying the same thing a couple of weeks but yet it brought up my parents details. It only seems to do it for my partner, I'm not sure if I should be worried? I know his ESTA is in date for nearly 2 months after we return, but because I can't get his details up not sure whether to just renew it..

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Yes I even went on the website just now and it said unable to proceed due to a technical error, it was saying the same thing a couple of weeks but yet it brought up my parents details. It only seems to do it for my partner, I'm not sure if I should be worried? I know his ESTA is in date for nearly 2 months after we return, but because I can't get his details up not sure whether to just renew it..
Sorry no more suggestions. Can you track down when it was paid by checking credit card statements? If he hasn't renewed his passport in the meantime though.

Or maybe even phoning them - I think there's contact details on the web site.

Mick
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Are you typing in the right reference number, 1 and l can look the same
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Thank you both for suggestions, we don't actually have the reference number but we have passport details which usually retrieve an existing application.

I know for sure it was purchased in December 2017, so we should be fine. It's just the fact the website doesn't bring anything up that worries me, I think for peace of mind we might just pay for another one, just seems silly to waste $14 though.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Thank you both for suggestions, we don't actually have the reference number but we have passport details which usually retrieve an existing application.

I know for sure it was purchased in December 2017, so we should be fine. It's just the fact the website doesn't bring anything up that worries me, I think for peace of mind we might just pay for another one, just seems silly to waste $14 though.
As you say there's those two options to retrieve a current status and if the passport number one keeps failing not sure what else to do - apart from a phone call as I mentioned earlier.

Mick
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
As you say there's those two options to retrieve a current status and if the passport number one keeps failing not sure what else to do - apart from a phone call as I mentioned earlier.

Mick
I've just seen the other ladies thread, about no ESTA whilst at check in desk. I am going to call now to be sure, thank you for your advice

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Search in your email for CBP.DHS.Gov this should find your application emails
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
I've just seen the other ladies thread, about no ESTA whilst at check in desk. I am going to call now to be sure, thank you for your advice
Yes it's very tragic. One reason that we have always printed our ESTAs since Jan 2009 as the web site suggests you do.

Mick

Edited at 12:33 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List