Notices

Old 22 Aug 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

The Pooles... Head Back To Orlando 2019 Day 10

Today is Aquatica today... Hooray

We had a super busy morning, with 3 sets of exam results to find out before we did anything else.

I got up at 6.30 as we really wanted to get to Aquatica for opening time... (we didn't) and we needed to do exams first, then breakfast, then get out the door!

Firstly we had Micks daughter and her results to get so Mick called her and she did really well, so that was good. In the meantime I text my Nephew and he had done brilliantly too and then my friends kids who also did well...very proud of all of them

Enough excitement for so early in the morning! Next up we started breakfast, it was about 7. 15 and Grace was actually still in bed asleep, this was not the morning for her to have a lie in! She didn't get up until 7.35...We had our usual eggs and extras and I managed to get Grace to eat some French toast at 8am... I wanted to leave by 8.15 so I was trying not to stress! I packed up some towels, pool shoes and some water and snacks we had over that we knew we could take in.

We were in the car and off by 8.20am so not bad at all, we did have to get gas though so we stopped for that, I don't know if it's just me but this always seems to take forever! It was busy too we had someone waiting behind us!

We took the route along the 192 and around the I4 as there was an accident so we basically got on and the Google maps route that I set at home sent us straight off and round on to International Drive to avoid getting stuck. We pulled in to Aquatica at 9.20.

We had 3 Groupon for entry that I had printed off and I prepaid for parking too, I am not sure this bit saved anything but it was a job done in advance. Buying the Groupon was good value and I think we paid about £86 for all of us to get in.

We knew we wanted to be parked up round by the kids bit so we got a locker and made our way round there. To be honest I did not really understand the map so we just followed the route round. I didn't think the park was actually that big to walk around everything seemed close and if you didn't know where something was it didn't take long to come across it.

We put everything in the locker and then as we did the sun lotion Grace tried a couple of slides in the kids bit. These were great because adults can go on them too

I said we should move on even though Grace was loving it so much and do the bigger thing before it got too busy. We went in search of Roas Rapids, this is likt a lazy river but with a current so it takes you round and you wear a life jacket. We absolutely loved this and I lost count of the times we went round. It was brilliant fun, we did try it without the life jackets too but it wasn't as good you needed the float to make it easier. getting on and off or in and out I suppose it is lol is tricky but amusing, it was great!

We then went and found the lazy river Loggerhead Lane. For this you had to be on a double doughnut type float thing... I can't think of the word lol. I went on with Grace and Mick went on on his own. This was fun too but not as good as the faster one so we only did this twice round.

We then went back to the kids area and we took it in turns to go down the slides with Grace who soon found the confidence to go down the enclosed slides. She really doesn't like the dark and was scared but she soon mastered it and loved it. She did spend time in there on her own too which was great. I did find that you just got soaked the whole time everywhere on the slides off them there was water all over the place lol

We sat a couple of times and had our snacks and a drink and then kept going back. At 2pm we had really had enough, we were shattered and starting to get hungry so we went to get changed. the facilities are good, they have showers (cold though) and shampoo and plenty of space to get sorted, I was impressed.

We soon found our way out of the park and found the car with no dramas.. (we are not good at this normally), it was another hot day and reading 99 on the car... It felt like it too.

Our mission now was another Groupon, Cici's pizza. This I felt was perfect for all the work we had done this morning... I had paid $10 for 2 adults so we only had to pay for Grace $3.99 and drinks another $5 I think.

This hit the spot, you know what it's going to be like very cheap and chearful but I have to say the pizza was really good.

We were back indoors for 3.45 and we didn't plan on going out again tonight in fact I was going to try and get Grace to bed earlier tonight as I think things are catching up a little. We have spent some time watching movies... Secret life of pets... love it... as we were going to go back out by the pool but it's well and truly tipping it down ! First proper rain since we have been in Orlando so we can't grumble. I did some more washing and tidying up and just going to chill out now.

Tomorrow or Saturday we are going to go on our trip to the Grand Floridian.. Depends how things work out.
Thanks for reading and we will see you tomorrow. Bye

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 22 Aug 19 10:18 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Lovely day at Aquatica You’ve been very lucky with the weather, we had rain most days although luckily it rarely interfered with any plans - usually just late night swims
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day at Aquatica