Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Aug 18, 03:47 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Ds loves Wendy’s and has to fit in about 5 each holiday.Pesto is one of my pet hates so that’s a no from me ! Loving your report x
We think we might give Wendy’s another go if we can fit it in, looks like we got a dud one in the airport.

Glad to know people are enjoying
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 04:29 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 1

Gaston’s Tavern

For our first breakfast we usually go to Crystal Palace and then struggle with food timings later in the day, we tend to get hungry about 3pm and then it throws us off for Rainforest Cafe in the evening. So we decided to mix things up and go for snack credits for breakfast at Gaston’s Tavern.

We used a quick service credit and got 2 cinnamon buns and a Coke Zero to share

Now I’ve seen photos of these before and they look massive, trust me when I say they are even bigger in person. We love cinnamon buns but we were a bit disappointed in these. These had obviously been sat waiting somewhere and weren’t the freshest. The icing was nice but there was also a maple glaze over it which made it quite sweet. Glad we tried them but I can’t imagine we will have them again, if we do we will share.

Total $14.14
Credits 1 QS

Main Street Bakery Starbucks

We grabbed a Starbucks from the Main Street Bakery, DF got a Venti Vanilla Bean Creme Frappuccino and I ordered a Trenti Peach Citrus Tea Infusion

We love the Vanilla Frappuccinos and my iced tea was nice but its not the best thing I’ve had from Starbucks, it was really refreshing though. I was expecting a prominent peach flavour but it was quite subtle, a little disappointing if like me you like your peach.

Total $11.49
Credits 2 Snacks

Contempo Cafe

For Lunch we walked over to the Contemporary resort and headed up to the Contempo Cafe

We redeemed our mug credits and also grabbed a Contempo Smokehouse burger to share. Angus chuck burger, smoked bacon marmalade, fried onion ring and cheddar on a brioche bun with vegetable slaw. We ordered it without the cheese. As we had our mugs we swapped the drink for a s’mores brownie.

This burger was very good, the marmalade was great. We really enjoyed this and will probably come back to try it again. It’s really nice for a break out of the magic kingdom and the food is better than in the park. The brownie was a little bit of a flop for us. The ganache topping was far too rich so we scrapped it off and the actual brownie underneath was just average.

Total $58.32
Credits 1 QS, 2 Mugs

Rainforest Cafe Animal Kingdom

Dinner tonight was Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom, this has been our first night tradition for quite a while now. We met up with my brother and parents.

DF, Dad and I got the steak, shrimp and ribs trio with fries. I then give him my ribs and I took his shrimp. I had to go meet up with someone as food arrived and our waiter was great and took mine back to the kitchen to keep it warm. There was a slight issue when the food was brought out as three of us had ordered the same dish they didn’t know which steak was the rare one and then announced they were all medium, DF was annoyed as he is a firm believer in steak needing to be cooked rare to be right. He was too hungry to send it back. The rest of the food was good but we found out towards the end that my dad ended up with the rare steak and they brought out a new medium one. Our server was great and it was just the staff brining out the food that seemed to have issues. DF got a bud to go with his meal instead of a soda.

Mum got the steak and DB got the burger, both enjoyed theirs.

For dessert on the DDP you can use two people’s desserts to order one volcano, we ordered two volcano’s and DB got mango sorbet.

We probably ate just under one between the two, they are really good though. DB really rated the sorbet

Total for all 5 $221.39 - I’m claiming $88.55 for ours
Credits 5 TS

Day Total
QS: 2/28
Snacks: 2/56
TS: 2/28
Dining plan value $172.50

Edited at 01:58 PM.
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Yummy! Following along and just caught up on your 2016 trip food report. Looking forward to the updates! Enjoy
ohana_mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Such a shame the brownie from contempo cafe didn't taste as good as it looked..

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I also agree with you about Zellotape trying to fit Teppen Edo back in if they can, as it is very good. We actually have it booked for our last evening meal before home time.

Kat
You guys have convinced me... my second Ohana ADR has been cancelled and I've managed to secure myself a Teppan Edo dinner on our first full day!

Just not gonna mention it to my OH until we get there
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Such a shame the brownie from contempo cafe didn't taste as good as it looked..
It was such a let down
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
You guys have convinced me... my second Ohana ADR has been cancelled and I've managed to secure myself a Teppan Edo dinner on our first full day!

Just not gonna mention it to my OH until we get there
Yay! The flavours aren’t that strong they aren’t strong so he should be ok, I hadn’t heard any negatives when I was looking
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by ohana_mama View Post
Yummy! Following along and just caught up on your 2016 trip food report. Looking forward to the updates! Enjoy
Aww thanks for joining, I’m hoping this one will be better than the last
Old 21 Aug 18, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Again never tried contempo cafe (What is going on here?!) - would you recommend? X
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 2

Port Orleans Riverside

We caught an Uber over to Port Orleans Riverside for breakfast, pretty standard food court set up with plenty of seating and a variety of choice

DF and I both got pancakes with sausage and bacon, as I’m nice I let him have my sausage as well. As we had our resort mugs with us we grabbed a bottle of Fanta to take with us and DF grabbed a can of Monster, Monster is a fairly major energy source for him so he was happy he could get some.

Food was pretty standard, nice, filling but nothing spectacular and did its job.

Total $26.27
Credits 2 QS

French Bakery

After wandering around EPCOT and the boardwalk I really fancied lunch in France, as DF wasn’t sure what he wanted he followed along.

I got the Croque Monsieur and a Mimosa for my drink. DF got a Turkey BLT and a Kronenburg.

I really enjoyed my sandwich, perfect size and wasn’t overly cheesy or saucy. The mimosa was good and they put very little orange juice in it as they got my order confused and there wasn’t much room left in the glass, I certainly wasn’t complaining.

DF enjoyed his, says it was good, nothing more, nothing less. He liked that it added variety to our food but won’t go searching for it again.

Total $33.36
Credits 2 QS

Teppen Edo

Dinner tonight was a new one for us, after seeing a few of the vloggers I watch enjoy and recommend it we decided to give it a go.

Teppen Edo has communal seating, each grill has 8 seats and we had 9 around ours as there was a high chair. One of the families we were sat with had severe allergies and the cast members at the restaurant were great dealing with those, the family’s food was cooked first and then ours to avoid any issues.

I went for the steak and shrimp combo and DF ordered the steak and chicken.

First up we were served a salad, out of intrigue I tried it but I don’t like salad and this one wasn’t convincing me otherwise. DF ate half but didn’t think it was particularly special, just asked him what he thought of it “it was salad” I hope you guys don’t have high hopes for his opinions. (Sorry no photo)

With our main choice came a serving of noodles and veggies. These were delicious! They had a nice sauce flavouring but nothing too strong and definitely not offensive (Zellotape I hope that helps). They also came with two dipping sauces. One was ginger while the other they called yum yum sauce, our chef said it was called this because it goes with everything, ‘it’s like Japanese ranch’. DF agreed with this and was rather infatuated with it. He has already said we need to find this in the UK when we get back.

For dessert I chose the Mango mousse cake and DF went for Ginger mousse cake.

We didn’t have high expectations for these and had they not been included on the dining plan we wouldn’t have ordered them. We would have missed out! These were delicious, really light and refreshing. A great unexpected end to the meal.

Total $96.81
Credits 2 TS

Day Total
QS: 4
Snacks: 0
TS: 2
Dining plan value $156.44

Running Total
QS: 6/28
Snacks: 2/56
TS: 4/28
Dining Plan Value $328.94