Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Sep 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Waveney
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Blue Tree Resort or Grande Villas

I’m looking at both of these resorts for August 2019, for 2 adults and 2 older teens, has anyone stayed at any of these recently and would you recommend them. Thank you.
Waveney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
alifin
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi,

We have stayed in both but a while ago. GV 2012 and BTR 2015. We are booked into BTR this year because it was a lot cheaper than GV for our dates. If the price was similar I would have booked GV as its slightly bigger and we had a washing machine and drier in the appartment and at BTR we had to go to a communal laundry down near one of the pools so it wasn't quite as convenient - definitely not a deal breaker though!
alifin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Mobile

Can recommend Grand Villas great resort and close to supermarket and some restaurants not stayed at the other so can't compare
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreamer
Very Serious Dibber

Disney Dreamer's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Stayed in both, though not too recently. Both were really good and in a great location within walking distance to lots of places to eat, especially Miller's Ale House!
Stayed in a 3 bed Grande Villas in 2013 and a 2 bed at Blue Tree in 2015, both times for a couple of nights at the start of the holiday.
Both really lovely, DD loved the one bed "unit" part in Grande Villas (can be locked off to form a 1 bed and a 2 bed unit) with the bath in the middle of the room. She could watch TV in the bath
When we were there, Grande Villas didn't provide any park transfers but Blue Tree did.
Didn't use a lot of the facilities so can't really comment on that though I'm sure someone will be along soon who will.
Staying in Grande Villas again next year for a couple of nights.
Disney Dreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreamer
Very Serious Dibber

Disney Dreamer's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by alifin View Post
Hi,

We have stayed in both but a while ago. GV 2012 and BTR 2015. We are booked into BTR this year because it was a lot cheaper than GV for our dates. If the price was similar I would have booked GV as its slightly bigger and we had a washing machine and drier in the appartment and at BTR we had to go to a communal laundry down near one of the pools so it wasn't quite as convenient - definitely not a deal breaker though!
Our 2 bed had a washer dryer. Think you can request a unit with one.
Disney Dreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Waveney
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thanks to you all for the quick replies, just need to make my mind up!
Waveney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
alifin
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Dreamer View Post
Our 2 bed had a washer dryer. Think you can request a unit with one.
Hi,
Seeing your post I remember that I did email a request last time but we didn't get lucky. Will try again for this year - not that I spend my holidays doing loads of washing 😂
alifin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
alifin
Excited about Disney

Also forgot to say that Blue Tree appears to be operated by two different management companies - you can book it as Westgate BTR or SPM BTR. The Westgate prices always seem to be more expensive and so I am not sure if their apartments have better furnishings etc. I only know this because they have separate receptions but I think the apartments they manage are mixed through each other. We went to the wrong reception initially and ended up in a panic as they had no note of our reservation. They then asked me if I had booked Westgate or SPM and sent me to the other reception building. When you look at pictures online they are furnished differently. Being 'on a budget'/cheapskate/Scottish I booked the cheaper SPM. Others may have stayed in both and may know more.

Alifin
Old 7 Sep 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at GV last October and in July just past. We stayed in a 2 bed unit and chose it for the space. The resort is well managed and when we had a problem with the door lock it was handled really quickly and efficiently.

The pools are good and they do have some activities included too. It’s a good location if you don’t want to drive every night as lots of restaurants within easy walking distance. There are photos of our room in my trip report - link in my signature.

Happy holiday when it comes!
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alifin View Post
Also forgot to say that Blue Tree appears to be operated by two different management companies - you can book it as Westgate BTR or SPM BTR. The Westgate prices always seem to be more expensive and so I am not sure if their apartments have better furnishings etc. I only know this because they have separate receptions but I think the apartments they manage are mixed through each other. We went to the wrong reception initially and ended up in a panic as they had no note of our reservation. They then asked me if I had booked Westgate or SPM and sent me to the other reception building. When you look at pictures online they are furnished differently. Being 'on a budget'/cheapskate/Scottish I booked the cheaper SPM. Others may have stayed in both and may know more.

Alifin
Having stayed in apartments owned by both companies, I say avoid Westgate and book the SPM owned ones. We’ve had a one and two bed with SPM and both times had a washer and dryer, and generally in my experience the apartments were much nicer, the one we had in 2014 was really nice, and my parents stayed there in the summer and we very happy with it, you also don’t get the dreaded timeshare sales. With Westgate our 2 bed apartment was in dire need of refurbishment (it was 2012, so could have improved) and we had to use shared washing facilities, but it was the hounding to get me on a timeshare presentation that annoyed me, and when I had maintenance issues, a meeting I had was then cleverly disguised as let’s show you our posh new apartments, but what about the one I’m in? At this time I had a timeshare and had done a swap so was not interested.

Unfortunately due to our flights being on Sunday, I couldn’t get in there for this trip (I’m still a member of Interval so can get a good deal but restricted to specific check in days,) but it would always be my first choice.

I’ve also stayed at Grande Villas, think that was in 2010, we had a 1 bed lock off unit, which I found a little claustrophobic, purely because in the living/kitchen area there was no windows and it wasn’t a proper living room, but the king size bed was fantastic and so comfortable, we had to share the washing, but it was fine, we would do the washing and then while it dried we went to the pool. Again my only problem was the staff kept bugging and leaving messages on our phone to do the timeshare presentation. So I wouldn’t stay there again because of that, I say no on check in so why keep on hassling me?

In summary Westgate resorts and Diamond resorts are on my black list

We tried a few places round there, because of the walking distance to restaurants, and prefer the SPM Owned Blue Tree Resort, this time, however, we’re staying in Kissimmee, so trying somewhere different, but only because I couldn’t get my first choice.

Edited at 12:35 AM.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List