Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jun 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Some of the layout in the latest website is not very intuitive I must say. Have given feedback on that which they have acknowledged and even implemented (not based on my view alone I am sure). This seems to be the main complaint in the link you gave. Agree with that, but logon is simple which was your original comment.

I have no problem with the mobile app No passwords, just fingerprint. Even without fingerprint it is just one password

You only need one password and one fixed memorable word for the website.

If you want to set up a new payee then yes you need the digital key, but that is good practice and not really any worse than anyone else

If you are using the digital key everyone for normal banking then you are making it hard for yourself and I can see why you would feel that way. You don't need to, but must say the latest layout doesn't make it that obvious like it used to be.

Is it that the website and app use different passwords? Not something that bothered me but can see why that might.

Having used other banks like HSBC where you need a separate pin machine and Nationwide where you have a separate machine and need your card inserted into it for some functions it's a breeze

Give them feedback or move. The customer is in charge, there are so many options like Monzo to move to.

Edited at 12:01 AM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 02:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Having used Nationwide where you have a separate machine and need your card inserted into it for some functions it's a breeze

Give them feedback or move. The customer is in charge, there are so many options like Monzo to move to.
Nationwide I find very easy.
I log on using memorable data which is one word, an account number which I know off by heart, and asks me to select three drop down numbers from my access code, which I also know off by heart.
I agree the little card reader is a nuisance, but I only need it to transfer money to a new payee. I last used it in 2015.
Everybody else gets a cheque from FD.

I'm pleased for you that you find the FD log in procedure is acceptable.

I don't need to move my account because based on my experience FD will soon realise their procedure is sub-optimal and they'll change it again.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Have both Starling and Monzo, and they knock high street banks out of the water, 99% of the time I get the notification of a purchase through before it's even gone through at the store, everything is always instand and fully up to date, appears on statements straight away etc. Whereas when I had my Nationwide account, money would leave my account and I wouldn't even know what it was until about 3 days later when it finally showed on a statement!

Both Starling and Monzo apps are super fast, and I've never once had an issue with the app, again when I had Nationwide I would get frequent errors where I would have to restart the app.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

I use Monzo and FD and agree that FD can be frustrating. If you want a proper nightmare online experience then Nat West is the way to go.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
CrochetFreak
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
Have both Starling and Monzo, and they knock high street banks out of the water, 99% of the time I get the notification of a purchase through before it's even gone through at the store, everything is always instand and fully up to date, appears on statements straight away etc. Whereas when I had my Nationwide account, money would leave my account and I wouldn't even know what it was until about 3 days later when it finally showed on a statement!

Both Starling and Monzo apps are super fast, and I've never once had an issue with the app, again when I had Nationwide I would get frequent errors where I would have to restart the app.
Do you prefer one over the other?
CrochetFreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Another vote for Starling. I opened an account when they closed my Lloyds Avios credit card to use abroad, but now find its my everyday card. I transfer money from my main current account and use the Starling card for everyday spending when I'm not using my Amex.
I have used it in Portugal and Italy, in shops and ATMs, with no issues and rapid notifications.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Depends on what you want to use the account for, I have a Starling account for anything I don't want to go through a 'traditional;' bank ie my Natwest account.

eg lottery, surveys that pay also looking at matched betting etc I have noticed that some organizations have specifically said they do not accept Monzo accounts - so worth thinking about
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by CrochetFreak View Post
Do you prefer one over the other?
Their both great, but I have a personal preference to Starling as prefer the look oft he app, but apart from that they work both exactly the same.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

I use Monzo alongside my main current account which works great for me but my daughter uses it as her main current account and is very happy with it.

As a staff member for a large Building Society, let’s say the high street banks are starting to get a little nervous about all of these type of “banks” as they are much more advanced in their technology and obviously don’t have the overheads the high street has. It’s the future apparently 😂😂
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Having used other banks like HSBC where you need a separate pin machine and Nationwide where you have a separate machine and need your card inserted into it for some functions it's a breeze.
Oh well that'll teach me.

Having posted about how easy it is to access Nationwide accounts online compared to First Direct it's all changing.

We popped into Nationwide today to pay in some cheques and the lady behind the counter asked if we had a mobile phone.

They will no longer allow access to online accounts without sending a one time number to your mobile, which you then enter into their little card reader thing.

Then instead of using the memorable data like before, you need to enter the number online.

Well, I can't be bothered with all that clonk so I'm thinking again about one of these new banks, probably Monzo.

If anybody has signed up with Monzo after being with Nationwide have they any thoughts about whether it's OK please ?
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List