Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Jul 19, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018 - Day 23- Magic Kingdom - our very first MNSSHP.

Welcome back, many thanks for all your messages, again - down to 22 days until the next one and still nearly a week until I type we get home - Be prepared for the next few days to be posted at a more frequent interval than you have been used to
As always - this report will be finished before the next adventure begins

Today is a long one - be warned and get a cuppa before you begin!

If you missed Day 22 it can be found here

The whole index to 2018 is here

and the complete set of trip reports/ notes etc to all of our Floridian adventures just a click here too.

Welcome to Day 23

Friday 17th August 2018

Happy Halloween!

Never has a day been so eagerly awaited in possibly all of our Disney days, EVER!

Having had the news that MNSSHP was to open earlier than ever this year, to find out that it actually fell within our holiday in August seemed rather bizarre, but having never been able to see it before, we would take the opportunity and just lap it all up.

We had no idea what to expect and having read so many trip reports about MNSSHP in the past, it was going to be amazing to go and experience it, despite it just being mid- August!

Amidst the first cull of photos for today the 900+ pictures were reduced to 620 – time needed for a further cull before posting today.

We had a lazy morning, after our late night and then headed to Olive Garden at Rolling Oaks-
(The shopping area opposite Orange Lake on the 192, where there is a great Super Target - if you tell me which supermarket it is close to and where I'm fine - I don't do all these fancy names! )

We had not been to Olive Garden for quite some time and it has been Alison, who insisted on us returning. It was a good call, as much as you can eat salad and then a pasta dish of choice helped us to ensure we would be ready for the rest of the day. At a cost of just $63, it was good food and good service too.

We arrived at Magic Kingdom parking lot just before 2-30, in good time to see the 3 O’Clock parade as it hit Main Street and Town Square.

We were in a bit of a playful mood, buoyed by the thought of what was to follow and also that we were about to experience something totally new.

We visited Pirates of The Caribbean , Big Thunder Mountain and then got the train back to Main Street – given it will be closed in 2019 I am so pleased we got to ride it.

We popped into Guest services - just to clarify when our ticket expired – now this proved a bit of a masterstroke, I did explain our issues and that we had been done over last Monday and never used the replacement fp’s that we were given- in a nice a very way.

No idea what the note on our magic bands was telling them, but we were swiftly asked when we were going home! There was definitely something that pinged up on the screen.

We shared our plan for just a short day on Tuesday and then the whole packing and going home scenario- one which I am not keen to dwell on today.

The lovely CM in guest services added an extra day onto our ticket, not a problem for them and to be honest a completely unexpected bit of Disney Magic. We were buzzing by this point.

Our very first Halloween Party was about to start and as we stood outside Guest Services, so another CM came out to put our MNSSHP bands on. This was a big advantage from going out of the park and joining the queues, outside of people who did not have a park ticket for today, but could gain entry to the park at 4pm.

There were a few places around the park you could get these bands, if you read this and take nothing else from the day, this will be the handy tip that will save you so much time.

We moved around 3 metres to another lovely CM who was just outside the fire house in Town Square – our Sorcerers Of The Magic Kingdom adventure yesterday and a little bit of advice from fellow Scarborough Dibber elmspenguin and family, highlighted that the Halloween party has a limited edition card each year. We got these early and then moved onto the entrance to the whole candy snagging experience.

As we walked through so many great photo opportunities, we met a management CM from Doncaster and stopped for a pin trade and chat with her. We also bought our MNSSHP 2019 pin for the board at home.

It was also our first candy stop of the evening, this is a really strange concept to begin with and well worth considering the carrying of all the stuff throughout the night and then for the journey home! The boys were quickly told that we were not filling the rucksack!

We went to Ride Space Mountain, followed by the Speedway (just in case it was closed in 2019) we had heard a few rumours and just needed one last ride in its current formation.

There was already a huge queue for 7 dwarfs photo opportunity even though it was just 5-15 and a long time before the party officially started, we decided we were not going to waste our time in a queue and so made do with water and a slush already.

We next went to ride Ariel and as much as this ride is pleasant , is not one that we would choose if the park was busy!

A Splash Mountain FP was our third of the day and we made the photo a special one too – headless Splash Mountain rider rather than horseman!

We then went on Big Thunder once more, the crowds were thinning out so much and there was an opportunity to get a few rides done, we did pirates of The Caribbean at 18-48 and when we got off, the live actors were in place for us to ride again with a very short queue in true Halloween layover mode!

The atmosphere in MK was amazing, the candy stops were well stocked but the character photo stops were very, very busy and I guess that must be a choice that you make before you arrive, to get the photo you yearn for, or to ride the rides with short queues.

We just wandered around and absorbed it all, it was a Magic Kingdom that we had never seen before, yet was so compelling to take the time to explore and just take the time to enjoy.

There was a press event in the Hub which allowed us wonderful photos of Mickey, Minnie and Goofy.

From there we headed to the candy collection in the Laugh Floor before dancing with Mike, Sulley and Boo.

We attempted to just keep exploring and shortly after we met Cruella and then Goofy( again! ) in Storybook Circus, it was quiet in this area and the boys twice rode Barnstormer alone, after another candy stop in the rail station.

It was about time we sorted out a spot for the parade, so we watched the stage show from afar but sorted out a good spot for both parade and fireworks.

That was with many thanks to a rather nice lady who let Joe get to the front for the parade, she was coming again in September and was adamant that Joe could see properly.

This was truly just like old times- polite people around and bothered about each other’s experience of the evening. That used to be a feature of the evening parade at MK, in our experience anyway, a shared passion for the magic and ensuring that children had a good spot to watch the parade.

It was just so good to be queuing for an evening parade, the anticipation of that was so good to feel once again, yes it took me back to my beloved Spectro Magic, and once more reminded us of the excitement in Magic Kingdom of a night time parade prior to fireworks. It draws everyone together, you meet people and have the time to talk, you have that shared common interest and as always a night such as this always reminds me of our meeting in 2013 - with an adult with high order autism who watched MSEP with us https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...81#post9878181

The very fact we remember him is such an important reminder as to what an evening parade brings, we have met so many people over the years, all of whom we remember.

Tonight...

The parade itself was amazing, the gravediggers , the colours and the music -simply stunning and more than anything – yes, it might be August, but we all felt so lucky to have had the chance to watch this for the first time in our lives. Photo opportunities in low light were limited but more than anything we wanted to watch this with our own eyes and not through a camera or video, there are plenty of those online anyway.

As we readied for fireworks we ensured we fed the boys some food rather than sweets! They had some food from Casey’s Corner $24.

Hallowishes will not return in 2019 and to have seen the 180 degree fireworks reminded us of the Summer night-tastic of our 2010 trip.
Indescribable feelings of the whole firework show, as close to Wishes as we will ever see again and just an amazing show. Pictures can’t do it justice, neither can words. We were speechless and just blown away by it.

The thing is – it was not the end of the night either and we had a bit of a plan for a late one.

First we headed to Haunted Mansion with some really good additions that you would only notice if you rode it regularly but worth seeing on a night like tonight.

Then we had a conundrum- Haunted Mansion photo or a whizz round to see if the 7 dwarfs were less busy.

There was only one winner there – we had timed it perfectly with our Photo taken after just 20 mins- however none of us thought we had been scanned for photopass despite the photographer insisting she had. We were all insistent and I kept checking MDE to see if it popped up on there. We made a note of the time and just carried on.
We still had time to experience Space Mountain and the last very last Astro Orbiter ride of the day.

We made a visit to the Photopass place, right next door to the Mickey / princesses meet and greet in Town Square on exit as even the glitchy MDE app was showing the wrong picture with the 7 dwarfs – we had pictures of the family before us.

We had the time the photo was taken and the problem sorted in minutes. We were glad to ensure that that moment had not been missed from this whole trip. We had time for one last photopass experience on park exit at 12.30.

After 10 hours in the park, another very late night, and a bedtime that seems to have stretched later and later this week -We had finally seen and loved a Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Feel lucky we achieved so much tonight and also amazed at just how much we saw of everything-we had no plan, but we just embraced something that we had always sought to see but had previously missed. We were all so aware this was our final night in Magic Kingdom – what a way to say goodbye. We avoided the usual emotional farewell as we still had a few days to go, but as we left, we all recognised that sinking feeling, that moment when you feel so privileged to have had a holiday here and a true acknowledgement that should we not return , it will have been the greatest night to say goodbye.

It ended up a very late night by the time we got the monorail back to the TTC and as we put all the candy on the table, I think there was a growing awareness that we were soon to be going home.
That immediately needs a beer from the fridge and a dip in the pool to just enjoy the things you can only do in Florida.

What a fantastic Party night and once more another day we will all never forget -EVER!

Thanks for reading and see you real soon for Day 24
DAY 24 is a click here away

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 12:28 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 05:33 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Another brilliant report with some great photos. We enjoyed the night as much as you did, having also been amazed that the first party of last year fell within our holiday dates and decided we just couldn't miss it. We would definitely do it again (hopefully next August!) - would you do it again?
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the tip abt the Sorcerers Card, will definitely aim to get a pack. We're going to our 1st MNSSHP too, can't wait!
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Another fantastic day, but did you get all the candy eaten before you came home!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by RachelE View Post
Another brilliant report with some great photos. We enjoyed the night as much as you did, having also been amazed that the first party of last year fell within our holiday dates and decided we just couldn't miss it. We would definitely do it again (hopefully next August!) - would you do it again?
We would most certainly do it again - we had such a fantastic night. We are not there when it starts for 2019 and that is possibly a good thing as it will allow us the opportunity to remember what we did in 2018. It was such a good night, delighted you enjoyed it just as much as we did

Thanks for reading and can't believe we were in the same park two days in a row

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Thanks for the tip abt the Sorcerers Card, will definitely aim to get a pack. We're going to our 1st MNSSHP too, can't wait!
You will have a fantastic night

Glad the tip will help with the special Sorcerer card for the party

Old 1 Jul 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Another fantastic day, but did you get all the candy eaten before you came home!
You will need to keep reading until the end

Coming soon - I promise!

Old 2 Jul 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

MNSSHP looks great. We are really hoping that it will be on in August again next year when we are there.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love the headless splash photo! Brilliant. It sounds like a really fun night and not as sad as a usual last MK night, where there is often more than a little tinge of poignancy (at least on my part). I love all your poses for the ride photopass. We have tried to do those in the past and just about manage it on Space mountain, but not really on any of the others. We are going to have to try harder on that score.

I'm wondering how long it took you all to eat all that candy. It looks like a mountain of treats. Did it all make it home in the cases or did you end up giving some of it away?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
MNSSHP looks great. We are really hoping that it will be on in August again next year when we are there.
This year it starts on August 16th this year and we miss it by a day
Disney have fallen upon another little money stream of the summer visitor, like us, who would love to see a MNSSHP
I'm sure it will be there for you. New Fireworks starting this year.