Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Aug 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
koi
Serious Dibber

Coronado Springs?

We have never stayed in a Disney Hotel as always stayed off site, but next year we are staying at Coronado Springs Resort for 6 nights. We would like to stay in the new tower hotel but were wondering do they just give you a random room when you check in or can you request or is certain rooms for certain guests?
Also has anyone stayed there and where would you recommend?
Thanks for any help.
Old 14 Aug 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

You can request a specific area. Casitas 1-3 used to be 'preferred' which cost extra due to their proximity to the lobby. As that has now moved to the Tower that may have changed.

The Tower costs extra - if you have already booked and are not staying in the tower you would have to pay more and change the booking.

If you are not staying in the tower, I would recommend Casitas 4 or 5. We stayed there last year and the location is great.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by koi View Post
We have never stayed in a Disney Hotel as always stayed off site, but next year we are staying at Coronado Springs Resort for 6 nights. We would like to stay in the new tower hotel but were wondering do they just give you a random room when you check in or can you request or is certain rooms for certain guests?
Also has anyone stayed there and where would you recommend?
Thanks for any help.
The tower rooms are a different room classification, so unless you are upgraded you won't be assigned there.

You need to book a tower room to be sure of it. Although I say this but I appear to have got lucky as I definitely booked a water view room view but when my invoice arrived it is a Tower water view room.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
koi
Serious Dibber

Thumbs up

I booked Room Type: Standard View.
What does this mean and can I upgrade?
Thanks for any help.
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by koi View Post
I booked Room Type: Standard View.
What does this mean and can I upgrade?
Thanks for any help.
You could call whoever you booked with and if there is availability and you are happy with the price then yes you can upgrade.

Looking at your time line you are going about end April / early May? I have done a couple of random searches around then and in early May the Tower Water view room is only £100 or so more expensive than the standard view for the six nights (in total not per night).

Edited at 06:33 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Having just stayed at CS, whilst the tower looks amazing and the lobby area is breathtaking, I would not choose to stay in the tower if I were fortunate enough to book again. We stayed in Cabanas with wtaer view and it was perfect! Not far to the ammenities, very close to bus stop 4 and so quiet! Tower stop was always busier and last, there was always a bustle around. Its personal choice, but not for me.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MJW01
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi
Have a standard view 2 Queen room booked for 8 nights from 22 August and was just about to submit a room request. I've been looking at the standard room views on Touring Plans and found one which looks nice in Cabanas 8C. It's on the second floor and overlooks the pool. One thing I'm worried about is that the room has a noise rating of 4. I was wondering if this was because of the noise when the tower construction was taking place. Would you recommend this block? Is the pool quiet and is 8c within easy reach of el Centro? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Edited at 07:47 PM.
MJW01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MJW01 View Post
Hi
Have a standard view 2 Queen room booked for 8 nights from 22 August and was just about to submit a room request. I've been looking at the standard room views on Touring Plans and found one which looks nice in Cabanas 8C. It's on the second floor and overlooks the pool. One thing I'm worried about is that the room has a noise rating of 4. I was wondering if this was because of the noise when the tower construction was taking place. Would you recommend this block? Is the pool quiet and is 8c within easy reach of el Centro? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
We were in 8b and it was very quiet. No pool view, we had a water view and it was over the lake. When we walked past the pool it only had a max of 5 people in it. Not a problem imo.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MJW01
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Many thanks. Would you recommend the Cabanas area? Did the buses tend to be full with it being the last stop?
MJW01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We are there in 36 days and we have requested Cabanas,we visited last September and that area looked particularly beautiful!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List