Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

My guess is this isn’t just one viewing, when a villa is a rental there is limited times it can be shown and the realtor may be doing an open house or multiple viewings.

I would NOT leave my belongings in the house while viewings are being done.

I think I would agree to arriving a little later but also ask for either late check out (if advantageous) or some other bonus.

Hope it all works out
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Thank you everyone!

We thought 2 hours for a single viewing was a bit long as well and figured it might be an open house as well! I know the owner is selling the villa, and granted it will be hard to fit in viewings if you have booked up, but at the end of the day, we have booked in good faith and it’s not really our problem! We are on our holidays and have paid for a villa with a 4pm check in time (which is late enough as it is ) so we should be able to check in at that time!

DH said we are still turning up at 4pm and will just go in thanks to the person pointing out about leaving our luggage if it’s an open house, not a great idea if it IS an open house I don’t think. Not even sure what we are going to do tomorrow yet anyway, as everything I thought of put me off due to the luggage in the boot - maybe we will just hang around AMI and go to the beach at bean point as it’s really quiet so I’m quite confident the luggage will be safe! Just being all sandy on a long drive puts me off haha

I don’t think a later check out will make much difference to us as I think we can check in to the next place at Naples quite early but I’ll double check today and perhaps suggest that as an option if it’s suitable to us!

I think the problem is the owner isn’t very good at being in contact with the lady at the management company. When we booked I messaged after about 4 weeks she came back (she had come back in between a few times saying waiting for owner to contact her back) and said hadn’t been able to get in touch with him. I said we couldn’t look for anywhere else for another week anyway so happy for her to come back to me in that time if she heard from him, the day before we were going to book someone else she emailed and said he had come back to her and we were ok to book etc - apparently he had been on holiday and not checked his emails, I gave the benefit of the doubt as a few people here had stayed in the villa and recommended it so knew it wasn’t dodgy! When she emailed yesterday about check in she said he had only just made her aware that he had arranged this viewing so I just think he’s obviously very lax about contact!

Thanks for all the replies guys
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Selling is a big thing for the owner. I think I would try and be flexible.
I would probably arrive at the allocated time, but if the viewing was still going on, I wouldn't be making a scene and maybe go for a coffee or something.
True, but a holiday for a family of four that costs about £10k for two weeks is also a big deal.

They've agreed a contract they should stick to it or "buy" special consideration
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
True, but a holiday for a family of four that costs about £10k for two weeks is also a big deal.

They've agreed a contract they should stick to it or "buy" special consideration
I agree, and also it’s likely that any buyer will be keen to keep visitors happy incase they plan to rent out the villa too.
Definitely arrive for the agreed time, it’s your holiday 👍👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd be concerned if it's an open viewing, are they cleaning again when they've all left before you occupy? It would need vacuuming, mopping and maybe bathroom cleaning (if used) before I'd stay with my family.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would turn yo at 4pm, see what’s going on and I’ll if necessary go away again. But make sure you are compensated in some way, late check out, pool heat cost reduction or even the cost of a nice meal out somewhere.
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post

And there is give and take. Something we seem to have lost these days.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Personally I wouldn't have much of an issue, these things happen. Yes their comms have been bad but its a few hours, you are on holiday. We would just find something nice to do, then have an evening meal out and turn up after that in the early evening. No point stressing about it, or turning up on the dot when you may have to work out compromises on the spot.

We do a lot of road trips, so having cases etc in the car, even an SUV isn't much of a problem. The windows will be tinted, we have a blanket with us to throw over the bags and I just park so that we have reversed up to a wall or something so the rear cannot be opened and there is no reason for people to go around the back. Then just take valuables with us. Must have done this 100+ times over the years and never had an issue.

Pulling out contract conditions for a couple of hours is way OTT IMO.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

It would really pee me off because I hate hanging around, especially because you have to leave the other place at 11am already had a few hours to hang around.

Absolutely no way would I leave all our cases in the car (tinted windows and a blanket wouldn't alter that).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Personally I wouldn't have much of an issue, these things happen. Yes their comms have been bad but its a few hours, you are on holiday. We would just find something nice to do, then have an evening meal out and turn up after that in the early evening. No point stressing about it, or turning up on the dot when you may have to work out compromises on the spot.

We do a lot of road trips, so having cases etc in the car, even an SUV isn't much of a problem. The windows will be tinted, we have a blanket with us to throw over the bags and I just park so that we have reversed up to a wall or something so the rear cannot be opened and there is no reason for people to go around the back. Then just take valuables with us. Must have done this 100+ times over the years and never had an issue.

Pulling out contract conditions for a couple of hours is way OTT IMO.
We have sone many road trips and as you say, there is no option but to leave stuff in the car. We just take our "valuables" with us in a small back pack when out and about.

In this case, I think the owner might allow luggage to be left in the house - certainly worth asking.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List