Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Aug 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerbelle
Apprentice Imagineer

ADR booking tips after spending an hour and a half on the phone to technical support!

I dont know if these are commonly known things or not but they certainly werent known to me so I thought I would share.

PROBLEM 1

Our 180 days began yesterday, WOO HOO, and after weeks of planning I could FINALLY start to put my plans into action. With a tinge of excitement and a bigger tinge of stress I went to book my first ADR and everything went well untill BANG it wouldnt add my credit card! I tried another credit card and NOPE it wouldnt take that either. It just kept telling me to call the reservations number.

I spoke to 3 people at reservations - my call was dropped by the cast member for some reason once and lost connection once - and they had no idea what the problem was and had no issue using the credit card.

Today I go to make a reservation and again the same problem. I went to call dining back (another international phone call) and instead I decided to call technical support - I spoke to Coleman who is really lovely if you need technical support at any time, hes the only Coleman.

The first thing that could have caused this issue is the address - if there is an error in your address or for some reason it doesnt like the way it was entered this could cause the issue. In my case this wasnt the problem.

In my case we dont know what the problem was but Coleman at least managed to find a solution!

I had to go into my Disney Experience profile and add the credit card there. That went through absolutely no issue. I could then go and book my dining reservations using the pre-saved card details just by selecting that option.

PROBLEM 2

When the FIRST cast member booked my reservations she cut me off before she could take my card details so I saw all my reservations appear in my Disney Experience only for them to disappear! This is relevant later.

I then spoke to another cast member, this time we got through everything JUST as the call dropped due to a bad connection! There was however nothing in My Disney Experience.

I then got my 3rd cast member! He confirmed that the 2nd cast member had been able to successfully book all my reservations and he didnt know why the werent showing but "it often happens it could just take a day to update" so if they didnt appear before the day then to call and get the reservation numbers because we would need them. He gave me one just so I had it.

So I then had to talk to the lovely Coleman anyway to sort out the card debarkle so he looked into this issue too because all while I didnt have them in my app I could amend them, which I have, a lot! He discovered that when they took my email address they spelt it incorrectly (I did spell it for them) so even though we had the reservations and they were attached to my booking reference they werent linking properly to my Disney Experience. He managed to get all the booking numbers and pull them all through but when he tried to alter the email address the system didnt like it so we still have those reservations in the incorrect email however I can however move them around, see and cancel them as needed.

So anyway there is some info in case anyone has similar problems
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I normally recommend people add a credit or debit card to MDE ahead of time. It should head off any problems when it comes to ADR day.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

What a palava, glad you got it sorted.

Which ADR are you most looking forward to ?
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think these are common issues at all, in fact it sounds extraordinary. I think it is a good reminder for people to link the credit card up in advance though just in case.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

I’m glad you got it sorted. As others have said, it’s a good reminder to add card details ahead of time.

Also wanted to pick up on another thing you said - calling for dining reservations or technical support need not be an International call. There are UK freephone numbers for both which forward you to the US but appear to your phone company as a UK number. Dining reservations is 0800 16 90 748 (also works to book tours etc). Technical support is 0800 16 90 749
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerbelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
I’m glad you got it sorted. As others have said, it’s a good reminder to add card details ahead of time.

Also wanted to pick up on another thing you said - calling for dining reservations or technical support need not be an International call. There are UK freephone numbers for both which forward you to the US but appear to your phone company as a UK number. Dining reservations is 0800 16 90 748 (also works to book tours etc). Technical support is 0800 16 90 749
Thank you thats really helpful, I just followed the number it gave me on the website and I didnt know there was an alternative - it would have saved me money.

In answer to the question which ADR I am most looking forward to...

Storybook Dining is one, Be Our Guest for lunch and I've booked Tonys parade package because Ive been told its only 1 credit and my son LOVES the parades.

I am also booking Cinderllas Royal Table for our last night - it isnt the best 2 credit dining place however its my sons request because he thinks it will be magical ending to our holiday.
Old 28 Aug 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Storybook Dining looks fab, enjoy.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Aw all sounds fab! Glad you got it all sorted
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Glad you got it sorted & this is a timely reminder to everyone who reads it that as soon as you have a MDE account to register a credit card ready for booking ADR's & Extra events you want.