Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jun 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
I came on here for a nose of nice clothes and suddenly dawned on me that my son will graduate this year too so it applies to me! His ceremony isn't til October though so I've got time. Haven't worn a dress in years so need to get thinking!

Looking forward to more ideas while I panic!
I only wear dresses at weddings and I've only been to 2 in the last five years

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
Have a look at Tillets they have lovely clothes.
Thanks, I never thought about Tillets and I live near one of their stores so will pop and have a look.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
Ok so after reading this thread and saying I had nothing to wear I’ve just bought this M&S dress. I really didn’t want to spend a lot as we’re on a bit of a recession here (the VAT man wants a rather large lump sum) so I just bought it off ebay for £17 including postage.

That's a lovely dress and a great price. Think I might have a look on eBay myself.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
asdageek
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hermione25 View Post
At my DDs graduation last year, most parents were ‘smart’, many gents were in suits, DH was more smart casual but didn’t look out of place. To be honest, you will just be sat in the audience You might want to consider what you want to look at in the photos for the next 20 years? I went for a simple and comfortable dress that’s I’d worn the previous week to youngest DDs DoE Gold award at Buckingham Palace- both days were sweltering hot, and the dress was quite light but still smart I thought.

Just to add - My DD purposefully chose a dress that would stand out under her gown, and I must admit it did look nice - and easy to spot walking across the stage so that might be something for graduates to consider.

Lovely pics...my daughters uni have said only black/dark colours will be allowed under the gown think she bit disappointed as probably would have went for a splash of colour too x
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by asdageek View Post
Lovely pics...my daughters uni have said only black/dark colours will be allowed under the gown think she bit disappointed as probably would have went for a splash of colour too x
Aw - that’s a shame. I had a black skirt and white blouse for mine back in the 90s - I think we all wore that then? When she was talking about wearing a bright colour, I wasn’t sure, but I do think it looked nice on the photos.

Either way, remember a pocket for the tissues - it’s surprisingly emotional
Old 24 Jun 19, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

I wore a fabulous multicoloured maxi dress with toning sandals, handbag and pashmina. It was such a hot day that the men graduating were all advised to take their suit jackets off as they were worried about them passing out through heat with gowns on too!
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 03:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Family joke now I've worn the same dress to DH 1/2 Graduation there weddings one marrried in New York other in Las Vegas they keep teasing DS3 who went down the practicle FE Road now a power supply
Lines Man you better hurry up or the dress will have moths but I've had it on at DS3 sons naming day
I love the dress it was £29/99 in TK Max bought on a whim
And I've worn it to BILs wedding as well
Every time different accent colour bag shoes etc
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Family joke now I've worn the same dress to DH 1/2 Graduation there weddings one marrried in New York other in Las Vegas they keep teasing DS3 who went down the practicle FE Road now a power supply
Lines Man you better hurry up or the dress will have moths but I've had it on at DS3 sons naming day
I love the dress it was £29/99 in TK Max bought on a whim
And I've worn it to BILs wedding as well
Every time different accent colour bag shoes etc
Wow impressive, I need to see a photo of this dress!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Most people seem to wear the sort of clothes you would go out to a nice restaurant in standard, so a bit dressed up, but not overly so. No hats needed!
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

My DD's graduation was in Wembley stadium, I wore smart trousers and a blouse, DH & DS both wore a suit & tie.

Aside from the odd person in jeans, that was pretty standard dress.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Not sure if someones mentioned it cos i have not read. But if you have degree u should wear your graduation gowns to go into hall.
And its last degree if u have more than 1.
I will have to wear my gowns when my eldest graduates (and our colours clash lol)
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List