Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jul 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

School holidays - is it only day 3?

Day 1 - I come back from work and there's mud all over the drive and god only knows what's happened to the laminate in the lounge .

Day 2 - He has just 1 job and that's to get some milk. I'm working from home today and we've run out of milk .

Day 3 - Big row about loading the dishwasher and he's moaning that he's bored. He thought as I was working from home we'd be able to do something. Huh, I'm still working!

How old is the little darling? Nearly 40! He's a teacher and him being at home is driving me potty already

How's everyone else doing?

Edited at 12:21 PM.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

This made me laugh way more than it should have!
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

🤣🤣 was totally nodding along then laughed a lot on realising hes my age🤣
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

😂 We officially finished yesterday (although I went in this morning to clean up some areas as this week has just been manic).
You’ll have to pin up some ‘home rules’ for the next 6 weeks! 😂
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

🤣🤣 made me laugh DH works at a school and drives me mad when he's off. It's great he's home to look after the kids but that's all he does it's a miracle if he gets the dishwasher on and I often walk in from work and he asks what we are havi g for tea grr. He cooks but waits for me to decide what we have.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Love it!
I'm enjoying my holidays so far however as a family (ie me and my 2 kids) weve decided hubby is NOT allowed off with us at the same time! A day is allowed. We couldn't cope! But god help us from Monday when hes off with us for 2 weeks when we go to Florida- me, heat and him being chewy dont mix haha
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Haha, never looked at it from that side before. Although I think I would really love it if my DH had 13 weeks holiday a year.

My son has 11 weeks off this year as he's just finished year 11, but with our 4 weeks holiday and 4 weeks on the NCS, he only gets 3 weeks at home. He's had nearly 6 weeks already, it has flown by.
Old 24 Jul 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine’s away on a sports tour. The house is too quiet and we’re really missing him.

I’m likely to be moaning about mess when he’s home though 😆

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Surely if he is a teacher then is working 10 hours a day on lesson planning etc etc

novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
😂 We officially finished yesterday (although I went in this morning to clean up some areas as this week has just been manic).
You’ll have to pin up some ‘home rules’ for the next 6 weeks! 😂
I think that's a good idea. He'll be treated like a child if he's going to act like one! Lol

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
🤣🤣 made me laugh DH works at a school and drives me mad when he's off. It's great he's home to look after the kids but that's all he does it's a miracle if he gets the dishwasher on and I often walk in from work and he asks what we are havi g for tea grr. He cooks but waits for me to decide what we have.
Yup, I get that too. I'm trying to clear the freezer out so I'll plan what to have for tea and hubby will cook it.

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Surely if he is a teacher then is working 10 hours a day on lesson planning etc etc

Hubby teaches maths and, in fairness, he did spend yesterday afternoon writing tests to take to the printers. I think primary school teachers spend a lot more of their holidays planning and preparing for the next term.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List