Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jul 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

I think I will aim for this, it isn't unusual for us to have a couple of hours of down time if we are planning on staying out late in the evening so I could do it then.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

I may just pinch your list as my packing list 😀
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Always stay in Hotels and nearly always have split stays I love doing a wash on holiday!
I like the Gain wash tabs and they remind me of Florida.

We always use the hotel guest Laundry and ensure we have clean clothes to bring home as we are usually straight back to work .
This year I am determined to pack even lighter, so will be looking at 4 days worth of clothes for a two week stay, we dont do high end eating though so no 'fancy'clothes .
4 days for 2 weeks may just finish me off, not sure I could go that far, lol! Not lugging a giant suitcase around at each end of the trip does sound quite appealing though.
Old 31 Jul 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
Usually 3 pairs of shorts per week, then a T-shirt for each day, and clean undies/socks for each day. Then a couple dresses and some leggings (then I travel out in a hoody) i am another who doesn’t really wash clothes on holiday, not because I would mind doing it (I really don’t mind doing it at home, I just hate putting away) but because I don’t want to worry about ‘ooo I have to do washing this day because I haven’t pack enough xyz’, I did do a load in Florida last time and it wasn’t a hardship but I don’t want to be tied to having to do it.
This is pretty much what I usually do, enough for each day plus a couple of spares and a nicer outfit or two.

We don't always get changed as sometimes will hit a park from open to close then crash into bed, but on slower days we might have a couple of hours at the hotel before going back out, in which case we would shower and change. We don't do fancy meals really but if we are eating outside of a park we do like to look slightly less casual than when in a park. Just personal preference, I know there is no real requirement for it.

I think I will aim for a happy medium, fewer just in case outfits and dressy things but enough that I'm not going to have to put a wash on unless I want to.
Old 31 Jul 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Enough for a different day time and evening outfit each day. I’ll wear a different top for each day and shorts will be worn multiple times. I’ve rarely done washing on holiday but will do a big wash when we go to a villa so we come back with a case full of clean clothes.

I don’t find that clothes take up too much room in the suitcase, especially for a summer holiday. It’s all the other ‘stuff’ that takes up space.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I don’t find that clothes take up too much room in the suitcase, especially for a summer holiday. It’s all the other ‘stuff’ that takes up space.
Very true. I am going to have to take my hairdryer and diffuser. Hotel hairdryer never cut it. I have thick, curly hair that doesn't really like humidity so if I don't use products and diffuse, I end up with hair the size of a small planet. I decant my hair stuff into small bottles so don't end up filling my suitcase just with hair stuff, but it probably does take up the same space as a few days outfits
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

We take about five days worth, but we stay with family and have our own cupboard space there where we leave lots of clothes toiletries etc
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
I take about 5-7 days worth, but we are normally in a villa. Need to take a bit more this year as after staying with the outlaws in Utah, we will be at Disney and Universal for 9 nights so have to have enough to tide us over til we arrive at the villa.
All the Disney properties have laundry facilities (and an app to tell you when your machine has finished).
Some laundry rooms are poolside but when ones that aren't are easy. My washing clothes in September at BWI was find laundry room (3rd floor) load machine , cocktail and swim, return and move stuff to dryer ,return to pool and drink, finish drink , empty dryer , fold , return to room and put away . Total time taken , less than an hour, the vast majority of which was spent poolside . It really wasn't a chore at all.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

We are going for 3 weeks but with no laundry facilities for the first two so as I’m a chronic over packer I’m going to be pushing the weight limit on my case I’m sure! Luckily we have extra bags coming back! 😃
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Originally Posted by BebeYorkshire View Post
I am in awe.

I can barely make a long weekend fit in hand luggage!

Thanks everyone, looking at everyones replies half the duration seems to be the average.

Normally I take a change of clothes for every day, then throw in some just in case outfits, then few dressy things, and before I know it the suitcase is full. I usually come home with hardly any of the dressier things worn as we tend to hit the parks and stay until closing so no opportunity or need to get changed, and probably a good chunk of normal things too.

I will try to keep it at 7 days worth, might have to pack and then get OH to hide the suitcase though.
This is totally me - I can’t believe so many only take enough for 5 days or so. We are going for 10 nights with no luggage included (we will pay for 1 inside another as we want to shop) but will defo try the 5 day wardrobe!
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List