Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Aug 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
The University email says she will hear about accommodation by next Wednesday and has to register between 4-14th of September so I’m presuming she doesn’t have to confirm she is accepting any other way. UCAS track says place is confirmed and there is a button to decline the place but no mention of having to confirm in any way.

Maybe we are overthinking as that sounds clear now I’ve written it down, but I felt she would need to press a confirm button 😀
I thought the same but DD has had a message from UWE to say that her place is confirmed and she doesn’t need to do anything at the moment. They’ll e-mail her further instructions about registering in due course.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

Mobile

UCAS was stuck in a loop for DS saying it was waiting for a reply from his reserve uni. He rang them and they said they had no instructions to do anything in his case. His first choice was so busy that the lady answering the phone couldn’t hear him. So he phoned UCAS and they were able to manually confirm his place. Phew!

Think UCAS had just got confused as first choice offered him a place on a different course, a foundation year which he wants to do.

But all sorted now and he has checked he is still registered for his halls. Just waiting for confirmation emails now.

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Well done everyone. H got her A* in Maths so she now has her place at Durham to do Physics. It was a brave decision to reject her insurance and try again and I’m so proud of her.

Big hugs to everyone who was disappointed - we were there last year and it is so tough. They are all amazing young people who will go on to do good things. Xxx
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Did anyone have UMS info on their results?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Well done everyone. H got her A* in Maths so she now has her place at Durham to do Physics. It was a brave decision to reject her insurance and try again and I’m so proud of her.

Big hugs to everyone who was disappointed - we were there last year and it is so tough. They are all amazing young people who will go on to do good things. Xxx
My nephew went to Durham last year for physics, He is very happy there, and met some fabulous people.
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

DS has got offer for his first choice of history at Goldsmiths, however he is seriously disappointed with his results, so at first said he wanted to give it all up, as the day has worn on (we’re in Florida) he has chosen to defer for a year (I think the Cheesecake Factory helped)

Not sure how to go about deferring the place, does he have to call Goldsmiths direct and does anyone know when this needs to be done by?

Thanks
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
DS has got offer for his first choice of history at Goldsmiths, however he is seriously disappointed with his results, so at first said he wanted to give it all up, as the day has worn on (we’re in Florida) he has chosen to defer for a year (I think the Cheesecake Factory helped)

Not sure how to go about deferring the place, does he have to call Goldsmiths direct and does anyone know when this needs to be done by?

Thanks
Georgia had a letter through UCAS track confirming her place and it had a paragraph towards the bottom about how to defer. I think it varies at different universities but his UCAS track confirmation letter should have the details
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinkydog
Excited about Disney

Well done everyone!

After a sleepless night, we are so chuffed and proud as our DD got into her 1st choice University of Liverpool to study Diagnostic Radiography.
Slinkydog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
Did anyone have UMS info on their results?
Hannah had hers with her Maths results (she got 100% on both papers) but I think you should be able to ask the school if it isn’t on there.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Mobile

DS got his first choice with a merit scholarship of £1000 so he got what he needed & more.
Very proud & hope everyone is pleased with theirs & those that are not I hope don’t feel too down as 1 door closes & another opens.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List