Notices

Old 21 Feb 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

180 day update

So it's only been a few weeks since my last update yet SO much has changed!
After my last update I caught up with a Neighbour who is going at the beginning of August, I popped over there and it was lovely and dry... went to leave and it was covered in Snow! snow days were fun days! ;-)

2 weeks ago Attraction Tickets Direct emailed to say that prices were going up on tickets so I had a quick look as we were looking for Kennedy Space Centre, managed to get Etickets a bit cheaper than expected - about £30 less so I was happy!

Next we booked our Car! mainly because we would be going to Kennedy but we also wanted to go to some offsite restaurants and shops!

Last weekend we were catching up on some YouTube videos - Tim Tracker's Cruise week was included... DH was out so it was just me and the children watching... Oh wow the Castaway Cay video was amazing and watching Tim swim and snorkel with a Sea Turtle just tipped us all over the edge! DH came home and was made to watch the video and it convinced DH that he wanted to go on a cruise - until that point he had refused.

So I had a few conversations with friends who went to WDW and then cruised last year, a look on the Disney Cruise site and a few queries on Facebook and here and we had decided that we would go for the 3 night Bahamas cruise on 30th August - 2nd September. We had looked at the 4 night (2nd Sept - 6th Sept) but unfortunately because we have already booked our Universal and Kennedy tickets we weren't able to fit it into our plans. We are now booked onto the 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Dream, room 7676 and we cannot wait!

Our plans going forward are -

17th August go to Gatwick and pre travel hotel night

18th August - Fly to Orlando and check in to Port Orleans French Quarter

30th August - check out of Disney, drive to Port Canaveral, Board Disney Dream

2nd September - Disembark Disney Dream, go to Kennedy Space Centre, check into Cabana Bay

8th September - Fly home

Sleep will be for the week, I am really struggling to fit all of our days and meals (QS but still desperate to eat there) into our 12 days at Disney, but we cannot wait!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

As I am sat planning I thought I would give a second update!

Our plan going forward is -
Saturday 17th August - Travel to Gatwick, twilight check in, stay at Premier Inn overnight
Sunday 18th August - Fly to Orlando! Check in to POFQ, dinner at the resort and swimming in the pool
Monday 19th August - Epcot
Tuesday 20th August - Animal Kingdom
Wednesday 21st August - Hollywood Studios (our Wedding Anniversary)
Thursday 22nd August - Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Springs
Friday 23rd August - Magic Kingdom, pool in the evening due to MNSSHP
Saturday 24th August - Blizzard Beach, Animal Kingdom in the evening
Sunday 25th August - Hollywood Studios
Monday 26th August - possibly 4 parks in 1 day or our favourite park - tbc!
Tuesday 27th August - Magic Kingdom
Wednesday 28th August - Epcot
Thursday 29th August - Animal Kingdom
Friday 30th August - Check out of POFQ, drive to Port Canaveral, board the Disney Dream
Saturday 31st August - Stop at Nassau/ stay on ship - TBC
Sunday 1st September - Castaway Cay
Monday 2nd September - Disembark Disney Dream, Go to Kennedy Space Centre, Check in to Cabana Bay
Tuesday 3rd September - Volcano Bay
Wednesday 4th September - Islands of Adventure
Thursday 5th September - Universal Studios
Friday 6th September - Islands of Adventure
Saturday 7th September - Volcano Bay
Sunday 8th September - Universal Studios, go to the airport, catch flight home :-(
Monday 9th September - Land, drive home, unpack, wash all the clothes get school ready!

I have managed to book Be Our Guest Breakfast and lunch on our Magic Kingdom days, though they are both MNSSHP days and we won't be going to the party and will have to leave early so we will hopefully go one evening - though last time we went the MNSSHP party days were quieter than the other days, fingers crossed!

It's not going to be a slow or quiet holiday! we can sleep when we get home!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow that is a plan and a half! 😄 you will have an amazing time and certainly sleep on the plane home after that..😉👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds like you have a fab holiday to look forward to. We check in to POFQ on Aug 16th so overlap with you a little.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

So we are now under 100 days! We did have our Double Digit celebrations! We are currently 95 days to go to the hotel at the airport and 96 days until we fly!

There have been a few changes and moves over the past couple of months!

We looked at a different cattery yesterday so we now have the cat booked in - a relief as I worry about her, she doesn't go away much and the only time she has previously been in a cattery was our last Florida trip! The cattery seems nice - fed 4 times a day! She won't want to come home!

We are now looking at buying tickets for MNSSHP - we weren't going to as we already have so much going on but Stuart and I have been looking at going as we really enjoyed it last time. Still trying to decide! We would be looking at Tuesday 27th August so we will see what happens over the coming weeks.

We have decided to catch the train to Gatwick - hopefully that should be a bit easier on the way home rather than driving if we are tired. I'm looking forward to a fun train journey with food and drink picnic :-) then dinner at the Premier Inn (Thyme restaurant I think).

I was really excited to see the news about the magic band upgrade options coming out over the next few days, I will definitely be upgrading as I love the Minnie mouse bows magic band - but I will wait for the release! Looking forward to ordering them :-)

I've been doing all the boring things like purchasing the toiletries and some basic summer clothes etc in preparation. Suitcases have been bought - we just need to buy a couple of cabin cases.

DD has been struggling over the past few months - she is 12 and just started secondary school and managed the transition into a brand new school without friends amazingly well but over the past 5+ months she has been struggling with Anxiety, depression and self harm. We reached crisis point about 6 weeks ago and we do seemed to have turned a corner but she has scars all up her arms and is obviously self conscious of this. She also had an anxiety attack when we went to Wembley the other week so I am a little nervous about how we cope in Florida with the crowds and queues as she really struggled with those at Wembley. It's scary to see how a child can change so quickly, so awful to see how much she is hurting and struggling. If anyone has any advise for coping mechanisms for anxiety in the parks please shout!

Coming up over the next few weeks and months -
* Buy travel insurance but I need some GP info about DD before I can
* Pay off the Disney part of the holiday - since adding the cruise it has brought the Paid by date up a month earlier!
*Pay Universal Tickets
* Pay Universal hotel
* decide and order MNSSHP tickets
* Buy Train tickets
* GO ON HOLIDAY!
Old 14 May 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to hear about your DD's troubles - I hope she is doing okay and at least she has you all as a great support network 👌 you have a mammoth trip planned, lots of great experiences which am sure will only be a positive thing for your DD. Can't believe we now in double digits too! 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
So sorry to hear about your DD's troubles - I hope she is doing okay and at least she has you all as a great support network 👌 you have a mammoth trip planned, lots of great experiences which am sure will only be a positive thing for your DD. Can't believe we now in double digits too! 😊

Thank you! Hopedully on the road to recovery now. It is such a mammoth trip... I told everyone at dinner that there are no rest days and they can sleep on the plane! I think I'm only half joking 😂😉
It is coming round so quickly now, I'm in the part where I kind of don't want it to be here as that means it will be over!
Old 15 May 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh that’s such a shame your dd is feeling so sad and anxious at the moment. 😢 I have 2 teenage girls too and I worry about them all the time. It’s such a difficult time for them. I honestly believe that a mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child. We love them so much! Is it the new school that’s upset her? That along with preteen hormones can cause all sorts of issues I know. Hopefully you are coming out the other side now and on the road to recovery. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

On the upside, you have an amazing trip planned and will have a fab time as a family. I’m sure your dd will have the best time!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Oh that’s such a shame your dd is feeling so sad and anxious at the moment. 😢 I have 2 teenage girls too and I worry about them all the time. It’s such a difficult time for them. I honestly believe that a mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child. We love them so much! Is it the new school that’s upset her? That along with preteen hormones can cause all sorts of issues I know. Hopefully you are coming out the other side now and on the road to recovery. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

On the upside, you have an amazing trip planned and will have a fab time as a family. I’m sure your dd will have the best time!

Kat
I think it is a mixture of the new school (which she loves), the general worry of Year 7 after SATs last year and just the usual social media worry of life :-(
The hormones are just amazing!
Fingers crossed we are on the way forward!
Old 18 May 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

That's it Disney is paid for! We officially can only eat beans on toast until we go but yipppeeeee Disney is all paid for. Just Universal tickets and hotel to pay and they are nothing in comparison to Disney! Though I do feel a bit sick paying all that money just for a holiday... this is when the nerves hit!