Notices

Old 22 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Annoyingly I wrote a long response and the laptop froze it :-(

I've been a bit rubbish at updating this pre trip report but this week has been busy, exciting and nerve wracking!

We went to look around a cattery which seems really nice - lady is a little crazy but the cats seem very happy with her and she spoils them! so we have our cat booked in - she will be so grumpy!

Our Universal tickets arrived a couple of weeks ago - I had a panic about the tickets when they arrived as I thought I had the wrong ones but they are correct! they are now away with the passports, I think over the next week or so I will go through all the documents and make sure I have them printed and prepared (ESTA is already completed and printed)

On Sunday I checked in for our Disney Cruise! I got a PAT of 10:45 which I thought was good as I want to be on there asap! There was no availability for the Mixology course but I knew that already from our Cruise page - they did look to create their own but it would be $40 each which is almost double the price so we said no!
I managed to book meet and greets with the Princesses and Frozen for the morning we are at Nassau. Hopefully we will be able to meet then go for a walk in Nassau and find a beach - there have been so many reports of people not being happy in Nassau due to crime and locals trying to sell to tourists I am not sure how long we will stay. We will be looking to purchase a 'you are here' mug from Starbucks and possible some sort of Nassau themed item but very low cost!

I also booked the snorkel kit and bicycle hire for Castaway Cay, we may see if we can purchase the snorkel kit here to take but we'll see how we do! Our plan for Castaway Cay will be for us to go for a bike ride in the morning then spend the rest of the day at the beach or snorkelling, I would love to spend a couple of hours at Serenity Bay but neither of my children want to go to the kids club whilst we are on the Island! I am really looking forward to going to Castaway Cay I just hope it lives up to the magic!
During the week Tiffany's opened a shop on the Dream which will be amazing to look at, there is a gorgeous Disney Cruise necklace but it's $325 so I won't be buying that!

On Wednesday it was FAST PASS day, I booked the day off on leave so I could book the passes without any interruptions - Ikea was miles quieter than it would have been in my office/desk!
So I made sure I was sat in the café for 11:50 and waited for 12:00!

Coffee and Cake worked a treat! I managed to get pretty much everything that we wanted without any problems, the only problem I had was for Slinky Dog which I couldn't get - We only have Hollywood Studios booked for day 2 and 3 as we are avoiding it due to Galaxy's Edge. We will aim to go straight there on our first 2 days before our Toy Story Fast Passes straight after rope drop. I did also book a fast pass for Slinky for the day we go to our cruise it's at 06:55 so although it's the second day after Galaxy's Edge opens I am hoping that we can run to the fast pass then drive to the cruise

I'm slowly buying everything we need! all the toiletries, clothes etc, I bought myself some Sketchers flip flops which I have been wearing round the house, I think I will also be buying some sketchers go walks and smaller sandals. I've not managed to loose any weight which is annoying - I just cannot get myself into the mood to do it - stress at work is really not helping, I am really disappointed in myself

I've been going back and forth about MNSSHP as we loved it last time but it is £263 for one night and we have so much going on during the holiday I am not sure we can manage it at the moment!

Today I've been working through our Touring plans for each day, we currently have -
Magic Kingdom - 3 days
Animal Kingdom - 2.5 days
Epcot - 2.5 days
Hollywood Studios - 2 days
Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach - 1 day each.

Hopefully we will be looking to have mornings at the park, back to the resort for pool in the afternoon then back to the park for the evenings. I am a little worried that we will miss lots and we won't manage to spend enough time in the pool or water parks.

It just feels so manic at the moment, also trying to prepare for school for next year as I know we are away in the run up.

8 weeks today until we go to the airport! just need to pay the Universal hotel and the train tickets so very nearly there!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Love how your plan has evolved! 😁 hope your DD is moving in the right direction too 🤞 Sadly I am with you in the 'should have lost weight but have been c**p' department! 🙈 really need to buckle down now, less than 2 months woohoo! Good luck with your shopping and packing 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Fantastic update, I really enjoyed reading your last report. We done the 4 day cruise last year I did a trip report which was almost completed! The cruise days are there. We loved Nassau was aware it doesn’t get a lot of love but seriously we had the best day. We had pre booked the Atlantis beach day which was fantastic and had a lovely lunch there. We were dropped near the cruise port and went around the shops stopping for a Starbucks before getting back on the boat, we were off all day and loved it Nassau is beautiful and the locals so friendly. Castaway Cay is lovely, we spent the whole day on the island. The bikes looked good and we had all intentions before going to cycle over to the airfield but never got round to it! You will have the most fantastic time.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

7 weeks today and we will be catching the train to Gatwick! I cannot wait! I have managed to change our booking at Cabana Bay as we had booked 7 nights but due to the cruise we need it to be 6 nights. Because of the long stay discount we are actually paying more for 1 day less!
I'm now sat outside enjoying the sun!
I've just booked our train tickets to and from Gatwick so I will print those in a minute and then look to go through all our documents making sure they are all prepared.
@GezzasGem we are so close! a couple of days and we will be going next month! I can't believe we are nearly there!
@Jessika ah so glad you enjoyed the last report! I LOVE reading trip reports, they make me so excited! I'll go and have a look at your report. Thankfully someone who is positive about Nassau! I'm still not sure what we are going to do yet - I don't really want to pay for Atlantis etc - I was hoping to walk to the nearest free beach and go there but I think I will need to look into it a bit more.

I'm spending the next few weeks at work trying to prepare for being away for 3 weeks - slightly worrying, I'm not sure i'll want to come back to my emails after being away so long!
We spoke to James' school about taking leaving - head and deputy head in full support of the trip but obviously advised it won't be approved but as under the 5 day/10 session count we shouldn't have a fine. It is really good news as I feel more relieved about it but we do have Caitlin's to advise and I'm sure they will take a different approach! Given the year we've had I was hoping they would support us but we will see!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

We are down to 33 days until we leave for Gatwick! I cannot wait :-)

Last weekend I rebooked Cabana Bay, it was with Travel Republic but now I have moved it under Virgin for the same price. I did have a £30 cancellation fee to pay but considering we get complimentary parking, 2 tubes, welcome drinks and access to the Aventura hub I am happy with the fee!

Our Disney Cruise luggage tags arrived on Saturday so that was exciting :-) I made Mousekeeping envleopes from Purple Pumpkin Blog.
I have a lot of things half ready - i need to get it sorted over the next couple of weeks - i feel like i am losing time, last weekend the boys had a cub camp, Caitlin had a friend over. Next week we are going to see family all weekend and the children break up. Before i know it we will be flying.

Also need to buy some clothes as i don't fit anything and some cabin cases! roll on getting on the train and we can begin to relax!
Old 15 Jul 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Really close now! I think I will be more relaxed when BA announce strike dates, if they do go ahead 🙄🤞I am realising there is a severe shortage of weekends now to get stuff done too! 😂
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Really close now! I think I will be more relaxed when BA announce strike dates, if they do go ahead 🙄🤞I am realising there is a severe shortage of weekends now to get stuff done too! 😂
I'm really trying to ignore the BA strike until dates are announced! I just don't want to think about it until then as I am worrying about it otherwise!

I keep alternating that there is loads of time to go versus no time at all! 🤣🤣
Old 17 Aug 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Today is pre Travel day!
I may be a little excited currently... I woke up and i am already downstairs with coffee - though I do have a job application to complete which I didn't expect to be doing
It's been a very very long week! I finally finished work after 6.30 last night and should have finished at 3! but it's done and we are going on holiday!
I am very thankful that I packed last week, it at least means we have been ready and only needed a couple of bits to get us sorted.

Last night was the first MNSSHP... I want to go to it on 27th August but I am a bit worried about the weather and the cost :-(

I've booked special assistance for Caitlin so I am hoping that will help us.
I am so so excited... the kids haven't got up yet...

Old 17 Aug 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We just got back yesterday so I'm catching up. I hope you have a brilliant time and enjoy your trip. Good luck with the online check in. Safe travels.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Uahhh thanks Abby. I've loved reading your trip report and cannot wait to finish reading it tonight.

We're in the weird part where we are waiting for the taxi... Whilst watching Tim tracker!
Cat has been taken to the cattery, fridge has been stripped, emptied and cleaned. Everything is packed and we are waiting for the taxi... My tummy is all out of sorts from nerves! 😭🚖🤣