Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jul 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Flying 23rd August, hoping we get more information asap so we can plan for any eventuality. It will be hard to rebook onto another flight as there's 7 of us,plus my mother in law and my daughter,her partner and my grandson!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dyer
Serious Dibber

We’re flying to FLL on 10th and I feel certain that if there is strike action on this day our flight will be cancelled. Miami is the one airport we were trying to avoid this year too.
Dyer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Good news for you

Government offers 'inflation-busting' pay rises for Public Sector workers

bbc/news/business-49068628
I'm a scientist (not NHS). I don't think we even merited a mention in that article.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

I haven’t booked my travel insurance yet as I only want a single trip... would BA refund the cost of the flights or would I have to claim on my travel insurance? We fly 17/8
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by peter pan View Post
I haven’t booked my travel insurance yet as I only want a single trip... would BA refund the cost of the flights or would I have to claim on my travel insurance? We fly 17/8
I think insurance only pay if you didn't know about the possibility of a strike when buying the insurance.
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m almost certain that BA have delayed this strike until August after reading an article in the independent.

Being honest the pilots have every right to strike to improve their lot in the same way any union can but it’s a little harder to support when you are effected. We fly on the 10th but right now I’m calm. I can’t do anything and BA won’t know until nearer the time so I’m waiting. It will be unfortunate if we can’t make it on the day but I’m sure we will get there at some point.

As we say in Yorkshire be reyt
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by peter pan View Post
Insurance would only coveryouif you took the policy out before the strike was. A possibility so too late now. It doesn't matter how far ahead you take out single trip , it'll still cover you for cancellation due to illness etc so there's really no reason to have delayed taking it out (too late for this trip but useful to know for the future)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fingers crossed for us all today, although i'm not hopeful at all
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
berneslai
Helping Minnie

Court case being heard at 10.30 this morning. I suspect this is a desperate move from BA but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
berneslai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

I'm definitely taking a "no point in panicking now, I can't change anything" and DH is taken to saying "well we might not even be going on holiday now" at every opportunity

I can't change the outcome, only deal with it when we are aware of it.

Currently I am hoping the "worst case" scenario will be that our Leeds > Heathrow flight will be cancelled, which isn't the end of the world (just a costly inconvenience) as we can get the train down to Kings cross the day before, stay over night and then still get our LHR > Miami flight and hopefully it's sorted in time for the flight back.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List