Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

LA Hotels - Tangerine or The Garland?

Hi, we've booked The Tangerine hotel in Burbank for our trip next month for 3 nights (cancellable rate). Just looked now and The Garland is coming up around the same price (once I've used my Tesco vouchers and added on the parking charges)

In a bit of a quandry as I prefer the look of The Garland, but it seems quite a big hotel (noisy?), whereas the Tangerine is quite small and intimate. Anyone got any preference for either and why?
marciehatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Stayed st the Tangerine 3 years ago and loved it. Great location and all the rooms are unique, can’t wait to go back.
Billy Beatnik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

We too stayed at the tangerine in 2016,decent hotel in good location. You can literally walk across the road to WB studios and we got uber there and back to universal as it was cheaper than paying for parking. Felt like a safe area too,we walked a local store for supplies one night and it was safe with no dodgy characters on the streets,unlike other areas. This was a big plus for us in the centre of LA.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies - looks like we'll be sticking with The Tangerine - just wish they had a guest laundry as we're road tripping!
marciehatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by marciehatter View Post
Thanks for the replies - looks like we'll be sticking with The Tangerine - just wish they had a guest laundry as we're road tripping!
Would love to hear what you think of the Tangerine as we’re staying there too for our Oct/Nov trip after reading recommendations from the DIBB
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I too can vouch for the Tangerine. We didn’t move our car whilst there as Uber was cheaper to get to Universal and back. We walked to WB studios
The rooms are lovely and clean. Also the pastries in the morning are very nice
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
Would love to hear what you think of the Tangerine as we’re staying there too for our Oct/Nov trip after reading recommendations from the DIBB
Will try and remember to come back to this thread and let you know - I'm sure I'll do a highs and lows post on the whole trip as well.
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
I too can vouch for the Tangerine. We didn’t move our car whilst there as Uber was cheaper to get to Universal and back. We walked to WB studios
The rooms are lovely and clean. Also the pastries in the morning are very nice
I've read this a lot - we've never used Uber so are a bit wary - it's $25 for general parking at Universal so I think we might just cough up.
Old 31 Jul 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’ve stayed in both and loved them both but in different ways. The Garland is quite a trendy, boutique hotel with more amenities and a lovely pool area. There were a couple of bars and we had a really relaxing evening meal and beers by the pool watching a film on a big screen.

The Tangerine has more bars and restaurants within walking distance. It’s a small and friendly retro style motel.

The Tangerine has parking, tea/coffee and AMAZING pastries included in the price. As much as I loved The Tangerine, if the price (taking into account parking) for The Garland was similar then I’d choose there due to the amenities.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marciehatter View Post
I've read this a lot - we've never used Uber so are a bit wary - it's $25 for general parking at Universal so I think we might just cough up.
Uber to US from Tangerine was about $8 so we left the car at the hotel and used Uber. It’s really easy to do and it meant we could both have a beer or cocktail with dinner.

ETA - The Garland has a little road train that goes to US.

Edited at 10:09 PM.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List