Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 11 Aug 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SaintPhilly
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile Stroller (Pram) Hire - 7 & 5 yo

Hi guys. Heading to Florida in may next year and my kids will be aged 7 and 5 when we go. My concern is that after a long hot day round the parks they’ll be burnt out come mid-afternoon and they’ll want to be pushed around. A double buggy would be ideal and I’d like to take it back to the hotel so I’ve been looking at using a private hire firm (eg, kingdom strollers) to hire a double buggy. Problem being the buggies they offer look geared towards much younger children. Anybody used strollers for 7 and 5 year olds and could you recommend anything ?
SaintPhilly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Just take them back to your resort. There is nothing worse than dragging around tired and hot kids when in Florida.

If you really do need to hire one then there are several rental sites to choose from.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Pick up a cheap stroller - single or double from Walmart... much cheaper than hiring
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I also suggest just taking them back to the resort. Let them have a break, a splash in the pool and relax. Its not just the heat and the walking that drains the kids, it's the sensory overload too so the best thing to do is have time away from the parks each day. Go at their pace and enjoy. Think of how heavy a double stroller will be to push, it's a faff especially when it's hot and busy. Personally I wouldn't however as bighal has said, there are plenty of places to source one should you decide to go for one.
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

You maybe be surprised, my daughter was 5 when we first went and I offered her a buggy, she said no way they are for babies (hadn't used a pram since she was 2) she would be mortfied to go in one age 7. take your time, take breaks and go and the kids pace. My daughter actually lasted longer than me lol
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

My 3 and 4 year olds didn’t have a problem. We were anticipating buying one out there if they flaked on the first day but no. They are probably better than me.
We did do half days majority of the time cos they loved going back for the pool but most days were 4-9 hours long so it’s a lot of walking and standing. Didn’t phase them and I definitely won’t be taking one next year cos there’s no point for us.
Both mine have been out of pram since 2. Neither would wanna get in one now. They will however take piggy back rides if offered which we did once in magic kingdom more cos it was fun than them needing it
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Better to take it easier and have rest breaks (consider leaving the park and returning later if req.) rather than hammer the parks all day and them need a pushchair to get around and/or becoming hot/irritable (it’s their holiday as well as yours ).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

Unless your 7 years old is small for their age you will struggle. We had one 2 years ago for our dd who must have been 6 and she was topping out in the city gt which is widely regarded as the most roomy buggy
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

We brought a Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogging stroller from Walmart and had it delivered to our Disney resort. It now costs $200. My children were nine and six when they both last used it.

I found it easy to navigate the parks with. There is a double cup holder on the parents handle. The seats recline flat separately, the hood gives good shade from the sun and there is a large basket. The buggy is easy to fold and there are clips on either side to keep it closed. You do not get a raincover but after one downpour it dried within an hour.

The front wheel can be removed to put in the car boot easily. The wheels need to be blown up, a bicycle pump works but the wheelchair/stroller hire centres at the parks are happy to let you use their air pumps.

We used this buggy for four years holidays, a few day trips and a Scout Camp It was easy to clean and remained in excellent condition, my friend now uses it for her children.

I am a big fan of this buggy, I had the single as my son's stroller at home.

You will have very strong views from people on the use of buggys for older children, it is a marmite subject.

Have a wonderful holiday.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Last time I needed one I brought one from home (single)as needed it for my youngest son who was 2 at the time .When he wasnt in it my other son then 5 ,would sometimes jump in for a quick foot rest but there was no way the eldest who was 8 then ,would get in (too old as he told us).Don't be suprised if your eldest won't use it if you decide to take a double... would be good for bags though.
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List