Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Hand Baggage Only and Boots Airside

So...
We are flying next month hand baggage only for a quick week . Obviously with no checked bags the liquids rule does impact. If we were on a "normal" holiday I'd just pop to dollar tree and stock up on arrival but as we have a lot of plans that won't involve shopping when we first arrive and are then cruising it's not so simple.
It occurred to me I could buy shower gel , shampoo, conditioner airside at Gatwick and pop it in the bag as a solution and ideally would pre order so I can just pop out of the lounge and collect it with no battling the crowds ambling around the shelves ... but how far ahead should I order it for collection in store . I'd hate to get there and find it was sent back because I ordered it too early or it hadn't arrived cos it was too late ! Has anyone any experience ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Year's ago when we did with with pre-made baby formula (5 years ago) you had to order at least 7 days in advance and supply your flight date and number.

Though for items like you suggest, i would just turn up, grab them off the shelf and buy them, but then, all i would need is a tin of Sure or Right Guard AP and any shower gel with no preference. im easy to please
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
So...
We are flying next month hand baggage only for a quick week . Obviously with no checked bags the liquids rule does impact. If we were on a "normal" holiday I'd just pop to dollar tree and stock up on arrival but as we have a lot of plans that won't involve shopping when we first arrive and are then cruising it's not so simple.
It occurred to me I could buy shower gel , shampoo, conditioner airside at Gatwick and pop it in the bag as a solution and ideally would pre order so I can just pop out of the lounge and collect it with no battling the crowds ambling around the shelves ... but how far ahead should I order it for collection in store . I'd hate to get there and find it was sent back because I ordered it too early or it hadn't arrived cos it was too late ! Has anyone any experience ?
Never fear I can help you here - as they are my employer!

If you do your order on Boots.com, you can select the store and date you want the parcel delivered to (you can have it delivered airside, it will tell you if the store is before or after security.) If you want to be sure it's there I would get it delivered 2-3 days before departure and you will get a text and/or email to say it's arrived. Your parcel will be held for 14 days before being returned.

I would also recommend taking a bag with you as well, so you can decant everything from the box (if it's in a box,) to make it easier to carry once you've collected it.

EDIT: I personally haven't tried it, but I just looked on the website and the options are there for delivery.
2026 - maybe...

Edited at 12:32 PM.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
Never fear I can help you here - as they are my employer!

If you do your order on Boots.com, you can select the store and date you want the parcel delivered to (you can have it delivered airside, it will tell you if the store is before or after security.) If you want to be sure it's there I would get it delivered 2-3 days before departure and you will get a text and/or email to say it's arrived. Your parcel will be held for 14 days before being returned.

I would also recommend taking a bag with you as well, so you can decant everything from the box (if it's in a box,) to make it easier to carry once you've collected it.

EDIT: I personally haven't tried it, but I just looked on the website and the options are there for delivery.
Perfect , thank you so much . We are in the lounge airside so I'll just take the box back there and decant into one of the carryons .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallflower
Dancing with Tink'

I did this earlier in the year. Ordered it about 7 working days ahead of when I needed it, but you specify on the order the date you'll be picking it up. Everything is then provided for you in a sealed bag when you collect, which is counted towards your Duty Free bag allowance.
Wallflower is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I did this a few years ago when flying from Birmingham. I got a phone call when it arrived at the branch to tell me it was there and to ask for my flight date and time so they could write it on the box so they didn’t send it back before my flight.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List