Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Aug 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile Cheesecake? Cheesecake factory fans

Hello there,

We haven’t yet been to the Cheesecake factory despite the fact that my DH and DD love cheesecake! However my husband is very particular about his cheesecake... he doesn’t like the American style baked kind...loves a nice homemade chilled philadelphia type filling - no baking!
Can anyone tell me if the cheesecake factory have any of this type of cheesecake? It may make or break my daughters chances of getting there this time 😂😂
Old 18 Aug 19, 04:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I have never seen cheesecake in an American restaurant that isn't the baked kind. They do have other desserts in Cheesecake Factory though.
Old 18 Aug 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
jlowe64
slightly serious Dibber

I’m with your husband on that one, I love the Cheesecake Factory food but not that impressed with the cheesecake, I’ll still have one though 😂😂
Old 18 Aug 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

I cannot answer your question but here is the Cheesecake Menu

Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake Menu
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobby
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

They have a mix of both styles of cheesecake. They have baked American cheesecake and set cheesecakes too.

I’m not a fan of the baked cheesecakes either as I find them too dense.

Enjoy
Bobby
Bobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks a lot... I had a feeling that they might be mostly/all American type cheesecake... the menu is amazing for a cheesecake fan but doesn’t tell you if they’re baked! Think we’ll keep it on the maybe list? Hopefully DD might see cheesecake elsewhere that satisfies her cravings 🍰🍰🍰
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
They have a mix of both styles of cheesecake. They have baked American cheesecake and set cheesecakes too.

Enjoy
Bobby
I didn’t know that - thought they only did baked.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bobby View Post

Enjoy
Bobby
How can you tell? The ones I looked at on the menu all looked baked.
Old 18 Aug 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Cheesecake Factory has become one of my go to restaurants but Americans roll their eyes. To them its like Nandos, a fun chain restaurant which has good food at a reasonable price.

The menu is HUGE and the serving sizes are big so you defiantly get value for money. A few tips for first timers or newbies to Cheesecake Factory

Dont get put off by a long wait line at the host stand. Solos or parties of 2 people will get seated quicker than larger parties. The majority of their tables are 4 tops. Any time I go to Cheesecake Factory I hardly ever have to wait more than 15 minutes, while there is always a big wait time for parties of 4 or more people.

Take your time with the menu, there is A LOT on there. The server will be very attentive, so dont feel pressurised to order quickly, just say I need some more time. Order your drink first and and they will also bring bread before your meal , so take your time.

The portions are big, so again dont feel you have to eat everything. Ask for a To Go box, this is a normal thing in many American restaurants. If you order a salad and only eat half of it, the server will ask do you you want the rest to go.

The same with deserts, its called Cheesecake Factory for a reason! Take your time and have a good look at the variety on offer. I usually order my cheesecake to go, or you can order it, have a few bites of it and ask the server to box up the rest.

Its very normal for people to eat at Cheesecake Factory and bring their main meal left overs and their dessert left overs home.

Also not all the desserts are cheesecakes. The non cheesecakes I recommend are
  1. Lemoncello Cream Torte
  2. Celebration Cheesecake
  3. Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake
  4. Lemon Raspberry Cream Cheesecake
  5. Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I think generally, unbaked cheese cake is known as New York cheesecake and you can buy it at the grocery store (I think Sara Lee I don't like it).

If you are at the Cheesecake Factory you can ask the server or look at cakes on display (they also display the calorie counts for a slice which I thought were for an entire cake)
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List