Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 May 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Take 2 - August 2019 pre travel day

Well it has taken me a while to get this started and its probably true that lock down as pushed me to get it done but it has been lovely re-living our holiday when it feels like a distant memory with no new holiday plans in place.

I hope you enjoy!

August 9th Pre travel day

Today was the day we had been waiting for. Counting down since the previous April and we were finally here.

Today was actually Andrew’s birthday but he dutifully went off to work for his final day for 3 weeks. I spent the day doing housework, final packing, cleaning the fridge and emptying the bins….all the exciting jobs that you feel you must do before you go away.

Andrew arrived home around 5 o clock and cleaned the fish tank! Does he not know I have been waiting for him all day so we can leave?! During the cleaning of said fish tank he thought he broke the pump. Que a 5 minute panic from both of us thinking it would be an emergency trip to Pets at Home to sort before we can leave.

He does this kind of thing at the worst times, like when he ‘fixed’ my hoover as we were moving home and I ended up with no hoover! Luckily he managed to get the pump working again and we were able to play teris with the suitcases and get the car packed up. We finally left at 6:15.

Luckily the M25 Gods were on our side and we had a clear journey to Heathrow. There were actually miles of tailbacks on the other side of the M25 and we were very thankful we were not sat in that. While driving we had a nice chat with Andrew’s cousin which kept the kids occupied for most of the journey.

We arrived at the long stay car park at 7:30 and there was a bus right there heading to terminal 2 so we took that. We were all a bit hungry so grabbed some food from Costa in the terminal before heading to the terminal train. We had parked in the terminal 2/3 long stay as that was where we would be landing back at terminal 3 but our hotel was in terminal 4 so we needed to get the terminal train. It was quite a walk from the terminal to the station but sign posted well and once there had a 12 minute wait for the train.

It was a couple of minutes ride to terminal 4. We were staying at the Premier Inn tonight so found the covered walk way and headed over. It was quite easy, quick check in and a room on the top floor over looking the runway.

The kids were tired so it was straight to bed for them. We weren’t far behind with the alarm set for 6 am.

Next up - Travel day with our first ever indirect flights
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hello there

I'm glad you've decided to start your trip report, as you know I love reading and writing them. It's especially good when a trip report comes along for when we were actually in Orlando. I'm looking forward to reading about all your adventures.

The car snap looked fab and I could feel the pe travel day excitement.

Hope you are all keeping well

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hello there

I'm glad you've decided to start your trip report, as you know I love reading and writing them. It's especially good when a trip report comes along for when we were actually in Orlando. I'm looking forward to reading about all your adventures.

The car snap looked fab and I could feel the pe travel day excitement.

Hope you are all keeping well
Hi

I'm not really sure why it has taken me so long to start as I loved writing my last one. I will say though I am loving looking back at all the memories while we are in lockdown. Makes me feel positive and also look forward to our return whenever that may be!

You will even feature in one of the upcoming days!

Thanks for reading
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip.
Thank you. Next day on its way shortly
Old 20 May 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
Hi

I'm not really sure why it has taken me so long to start as I loved writing my last one. I will say though I am loving looking back at all the memories while we are in lockdown. Makes me feel positive and also look forward to our return whenever that may be!

You will even feature in one of the upcoming days!

Thanks for reading
I remember feeling very sorry for myself to be stuck in our room at rpr during a long thunderstorm. Oh how I'd love to have that problem this summer.

I also remember shouting for Kate, my daughter and not you, in hogsmeade...if only we had actually caught up with each other.

I'm so looking forward to your report x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

oooo a new trip report! fab!

smooth day... though why do men always feel the need to start something like that last minute haha!

looking forward to reading more x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Looking forward to reading, a great start. The Premier Inn term 4 is so convenient, and a great view from your room.
Old 31 May 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for your comments.

Was so glad it ended up being a smooth travel day, always nervous that something will go wrong.

We would absolutely stay at PI terminal 4 again as a good price and very convenient.
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking forward to reading along

Joan