Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > General Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 May 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Apprentice Imagineer

Aulani - renting DVC points and rooms

Has anyone managed to book Aulani by renting points, e.g. from Davidís, at the 7 month mark? The prices are so much more reasonable doing it that way than booking on the Aulani website.

Does anyone have any advice on rooms too? We looked at the cheapest option which is a hotel room with standard view but Iíd quite like a nice view, so if they are just parking views for example (the DVC standard hotel rooms that is) then I think weíd probably go for the studio with island garden view (I understand this would be bigger too).

orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Engaged in Orlando 2019...
Old 21 May 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

If you were to book for this November (6 months away) there is availability for all classes, a garden studio is available for 1st Nov to 12th Nov, 246 points. There are dibbers who are DVC members that can book these at 7 months, just put a request in the DVC wanted section and someone will be able to help you out.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
WDW VIrus Busting DVC Fest
Old 21 May 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Iíve never been able to book a hotel room at seven months but the DVC rooms have never been a problem. We went for ocean view both times but it was for short stays. All other views were available at that time.
Old 21 May 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks both 😊 I was expecting it might be harder to book!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Apprentice Imagineer

L&R Dreaming on Youtube went last year and rented DVC points. They have footage of the room they got and their time at the resort. It might help you decide which room to go for? I haven't been (we decided to go to Maui) but their view was still lovely.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Not to be but 2021.. hopefully
Old 24 May 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
L&R Dreaming on Youtube went last year and rented DVC points. They have footage of the room they got and their time at the resort. It might help you decide which room to go for? I haven't been (we decided to go to Maui) but their view was still lovely.
Oh did they?! I have watched their vlog but didnít realise theyíd rented DVC - I must have missed where they mentioned it! Thanks Iíll go back and watch again
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less