Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 May 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Their official press release about a month ago said something like "we are seriously considering moving out of LGW completely and expanding our LHR operations" or words to that effect.

I've never seen a date attached to it nor any further official announcement since.

Mick
When IAG CEO appeared before MP's last week he said that they still wanted to serve Gatwick - everything is in a state of flux at the moment so we are unsure as to if and when BA will return to Gatwick - no one knows. Hotels and Parking are slightly different at Heathrow than they are at Gatwick - some hotels do a combined rate but they would be expensive. I am sure other Dibb members will be along soon with suggestions for parking. If you stay at the Thistle you can use the Pods (Google them) to go to T5 in about 5 minutes max - be warned there's a charge of £5 to get through their gate to the Pods.

There are a number of hotels on Bath Road for various budgets including Premier Inns (there's one very close to the Thistle and the Premier Inn T4 is popular. There are also two hotels at Terminal 2/3 - the Aerotel and the Hilton Garden Inn

headforpoints/2019/1...ow-terminal-3/

headforpoints/2019/0...ow-terminal-2/

BA's main terminal is T5 and the Miami flight in normal times goes from T3 but we will have to wait for BA to announce their intentions for terminal operations. Sorry can't be more help.

Edited: Mr Tom Morrow would be able to give some good suggestions for Premier Inns I am sure. If I stay when travelling from T5 I use the Sofitel but it's not the most economical.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Premier inn terminal 4, good quality and price
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

We are due to fly ba lgw to mco and I am ever hopefully we will make this flight our first direct in 15 years and I do not want to give it up!
I can highly recommend premier inn, bath road. Comfy beds, quiet, good food.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
When IAG CEO appeared before MP's last week he said that they still wanted to serve Gatwick - everything is in a state of flux at the moment so we are unsure as to if and when BA will return to Gatwick - no one knows. Hotels and Parking are slightly different at Heathrow than they are at Gatwick - some hotels do a combined rate but they would be expensive. I am sure other Dibb members will be along soon with suggestions for parking. If you stay at the Thistle you can use the Pods (Google them) to go to T5 in about 5 minutes max - be warned there's a charge of £5 to get through their gate to the Pods.

There are a number of hotels on Bath Road for various budgets including Premier Inns (there's one very close to the Thistle and the Premier Inn T4 is popular. There are also two hotels at Terminal 2/3 - the Aerotel and the Hilton Garden Inn

headforpoints/2019/1...ow-terminal-3/

headforpoints/2019/0...ow-terminal-2/

BA's main terminal is T5 and the Miami flight in normal times goes from T3 but we will have to wait for BA to announce their intentions for terminal operations. Sorry can't be more help.

Edited: Mr Tom Morrow would be able to give some good suggestions for Premier Inns I am sure. If I stay when travelling from T5 I use the Sofitel but it's not the most economical.
SC

Many thanks for this. Can't do anything about parking or hotels until an official announcement so I won't speculate

Mick

Edited at 07:01 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FLORIDA2001 View Post
Can you tell me where do you park?
You park in the hotel car park. Each ime we've stayed there's been loads of spaces. Also our number of nights parking didn't line up with any of their offers, but they just charged an extra night based on the offer rate.

The POD is a great way of getting between the hotel and the airport. It costs about the same as the hotel hoppa bus but is basically an on demand service, maximum it a couple of minutes. I know you can use the local red buses free but I can't imagine getting on a bus with a couple of suitcases each.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

We always use the Sofitel at Heathrow Terminal 5, one of our absolute favourite hotels. It’s so much nicer than the Gatwick Sofitel.

I usually book it with Avios points that we’ve saved up as it’s really expensive OOP and I usually manage to get a suite with Club Lounge with my points which makes it a real treat to kick off the holiday. Lots of free snacks and drinks on top of the ‘free’ hotel.

The Sofitel is one reason I would be happy about BA moving their Gatwick operations to Heathrow, if that makes the best business sense for them. Heathrow is also much closer for us and just a nicer overall airport.

Currently we are due to fly LHR-JFK and then TPA-LGW at Christmas and if that return flight moves to Heathrow I won’t be mad about it .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
alim66
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by FLORIDA2001 View Post
With the prospect of BA moving to Heathrow and our holiday booked for November, with our overnight stay and parking already sorted but at Gatwick, throws out the question of where to stay and park if it is moved.

We have never gone from Heathrow so wouldn't have a clue but thought we had better start looking and put a plan B in place just in case.

Any help appreciated as staying positive that it will still go ahead anyway.
I've just booked Premier Inn Bath Road for £30 and pod parking for 11 days for £82, I park at hotel night before, so that I can put overnight bag in car, then short drive to parking. Pod parking booked directly with Heathrow. Pod takes you directly into T5, if going \returning to a different terminal can get free tube from T5.
I stayed at Thistle with parking and use of pods for same dates last year and paid approx £200. So very pleased with this year's price .
alim66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have stayed at the Sheraton Skyline past 2 times when flying BA to Miami T3. Parked at the hotel and kept the keys. Really nice place decent food choices and great pool for DS
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JimmyCricket View Post
We have stayed at the Sheraton Skyline past 2 times when flying BA to Miami T3. Parked at the hotel and kept the keys. Really nice place decent food choices and great pool for DS
We've stayed there as well a couple of times with parking. But we're hanging to see where we are flying from.

Mick
Old 26 May 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We are currently booked into Hampton by Hilton at Gatwick paid with Avios points and car booked in for 16 nights with meet and greet, we need to wait for BA to confirm the move and which terminal also time of the flight, there is no Twilight checkin at Heathrow so if it is a later flight we might not bother to stay the night before, can't do anything until we know for sure what BA intend to do.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List