Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Second this. Keep singing “High Hopes”. I really don’t think they’ll enforce the mask wearing for people with genuine health issues.
When are you due to fly?
Thank you. 13th September so a while to go yet. My Disney balance is due 19th July so I'm going to sit tight for the time being.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
I agree with you!
Me too. It’s still a fantastic - even without any theme parks! Just take them to lots of animal parks/experiences.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Thank you. 13th September so a while to go yet. My Disney balance is due 19th July so I'm going to sit tight for the time being.
Well, we’re going before you & I’m convinced that we will be going.

& I really don’t think the Americans will put up with the mask wearing for long.

Especially in the Southern States.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

@Donaldfan

I did watch a YouTube video yesterday and they had a couple of different masks. The surgical style paper masks were apparently much better than cloth masks, easier to breathe and they didn’t get so hot
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PeachyLemons View Post
@Donaldfan

I did watch a YouTube video yesterday and they had a couple of different masks. The surgical style paper masks were apparently much better than cloth masks, easier to breathe and they didn’t get so hot
Brilliant, thank you. I'll have a look for those. X
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Brilliant, thank you. I'll have a look for those. X
Boots is selling 4 boxes of masks for £99. Total 200 masks. They sell out very quick. It’s the cheapest I’ve seen so far!
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

We're still holding out hope for end of August DH is working so hard. He's absolutely desperate to go away and needs a holiday so he's keen to take advantage if the flights are going. We may now not do Disney and do smaller attractions instead or even just book a last minute villa and do pool time/walmart/shopping/eating. We would be happy doing that I think and transfer Disney booking to next year.

Masks will be an absolute deal breaker for us in terms of what we can do as youngest has special needs and no way will I ever manage to get him to wear one. I am sure this must be an issue for others though so I'm hopeful that Disney may come up with some sort of a plan - Its only my personal opinion but I can't see them denying access to people with medical conditions for long especially the way it is in the US I'm sure someone will try to sue under disability discrimination sooner or later.
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Boots is selling 4 boxes of masks for £99. Total 200 masks. They sell out very quick. It’s the cheapest I’ve seen so far!
If you have a look on Wish you can get 30 for £16, 50 for £19 & 100 for £33. They are from uk, but delivery is by 8th June so that’s a bit cheaper than Boots.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Just tried to order Disney tickets on the UK site. Will see what happens. Those of you who also do not have tickets issued yet, will you still go if it's a parkless trip?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

We tried out our cloth Disney themed masks DH bought from Etsy, this morning whilst litter picking in the park. Initially I felt uncomfortable but I got used to it and doing things distracted me from the fact I was wearing one. My 4 year old was as good as gold with it and didn't mind at all. I think he was just excited that it was a Mickey one! My 6 year old whinged initially and was actually more of a pain with it but I bribed him with one of free star wars books a lady on my road was giving away and he was soon quiet. We wore them for around an hour and a half in total. I think you just have to get used to them.

Edited at 01:43 PM.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List