Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Mar 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sweethoneybee
Excited about Disney

Mobile coronado springs vs caribbean beach!

Hey Guys,

We literally just booked a last min 10 night stay with dining plan at caribbean beach for end of June, we almost booked to stay at coronado springs, but really wanted to be at CB due to sky liner etc

Now my partner has been reading some recent bad reviews on CB about Cockroaches in the bedrooms and mouldy smelling rooms and it’s making me feel maybe we should ask to switch?

Will Disney charge us to switch? And has anyone stayed recently?

Michelle x
sweethoneybee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed at CB in July and it was perfect, no problems with the room at all
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at CB last year - room was fine.
Old 7 Mar 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sweethoneybee View Post
Hey Guys,

We literally just booked a last min 10 night stay with dining plan at caribbean beach for end of June, we almost booked to stay at coronado springs, but really wanted to be at CB due to sky liner etc

Now my partner has been reading some recent bad reviews on CB about Cockroaches in the bedrooms and mouldy smelling rooms and it’s making me feel maybe we should ask to switch?

Will Disney charge us to switch? And has anyone stayed recently?

Michelle x
I stayed at CBR last year, I wouldn’t stay there again but that is because of the resort layout not the room. I noticed that the house keeping wasn’t thorough as there was dust in more hidden areas (I was looking for plug sockets), but generally the room was fine.

I wouldn’t change because of one or two bad reviews, every hotel is going to get some bad reviews.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ginners
Proud to wear my Ears

We stayed at CBR in 2018 and loved it, although at the time it was going through its refurb so we didn't see it at its full potential (had a tent as a food court ha!). This year we're staying in Coronado due to its new rooms etc and also so we feel like this holiday is different from the last. Although I have been contemplating changing to CBR merely for the skyliner! I can't imagine you'll have any issues like you've mentioned, got to be extremely unlucky for that to happen in your room and even if it does, I'm certain Disney would move you if anything did!
First Villa Trip- Oct 2023

Ginners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have stayed at both and would choose Coronado every time. I really liked CBR but if it’s a choice between both of them it will always be CS I love how it looks and the restaurants and bars are incredible
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We were at Caribbean Beach at the end of November/beginning of December 2019, and the room was perfectly fine. We liked the layout, the room itself was lovely - clean, fresh, no issues at all. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

The Skyliner was incredible! We were in the farthest building away from all the amenities, but that placed us within a 3 minute walk to the Skyliner terminal at the Riviera Resort, and it was so good that I regretted hiring a car for the holiday!

This year we are booked for Coronado - I just hope we like it as much as we did CBR.
Old 9 Mar 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

I think it depends on your priorities, you can ride the skyliner regardless of your resort and 'tour' the routes, they are all different and it is great. However if you want more modern rooms and the extra facilities CSR would be better. We spend very little time in the room and adore skyliner, the speed and ease of getting around is fab so would opt for CBR every time.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Just checking prices for next year & Coronado Springs seem quite reasonable mid October, is it any good & is it a moderate 🤔
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Just checking prices for next year & Coronado Springs seem quite reasonable mid October, is it any good & is it a moderate 🤔
It’s a moderate and very good. It was the cheapest moderate when we booked it for last year and we thought it was great. We would go back but want to stay in the tower there next time for a change from the standard rooms.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List