Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 27 May 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Not September but 3rd of October for me and over the last week especially I have become a lot more confident that I will be getting on that plane!

I really need to get back on the pre holiday diet
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
minnieliv
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

October the 1st for me , loving all the positivity ! I can’t wait to get there. Fingers crossed for everyone 🤞🏼
minnieliv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Ginners
Proud to wear my Ears

September 5th for us! Moved from May, everyday I'm getting more optimistic with things starting to re-open etc, a lot can happen between now and then! Still happy to go even if we are slightly restricted in the parks, only thing putting me off is the thought of wearing a mask in the heat!
First Villa Trip- Oct 2023

Ginners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopyloo
Excited about Disney

We are due to fly 24th September, managed to get tickets for Ryder cup, even if this gets cancelled , we will be looking forward to our holiday, plan is Chicago, San Antonio then a week in Anna Maria island.

keeping everything crossed for this one as our trip to Singapore and Bali to celebrate hubby's 60th was cancelled.

Loving this positive thread
Loopyloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopyloo View Post
We are due to fly 24th September, managed to get tickets for Ryder cup, even if this gets cancelled , we will be looking forward to our holiday, plan is Chicago, San Antonio then a week in Anna Maria island.

keeping everything crossed for this one as our trip to Singapore and Bali to celebrate hubby's 60th was cancelled.

Loving this positive thread
Have you been to Chicago before? It's a great town. If you've not been i recommend the Open top bus tours - rally get to see the sights and get a feel for the place.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We’re due to go 18th September staying at the yacht club, feeling more optimistic, with Disney springs opening and some restaurants, it’s a while off yet and lots can change , so yes if the flights going we are.

Only thing not looking forward to is the face mask, been trilling it at home , and rally don’t fancy it in the Florida heat ! However I’m sure between now and September that may change also.

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Oct 6th for us but still not sure its going to be happening! fingers crossed all is ok
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
C4rla
slightly serious Dibber

Nice to read a positive thread!

We're going on 10th September, VA from Gatwick

A few weeks ago I thought there was next to no chance that the holiday would go ahead, but I'm starting to be a little more positive. I think it'll be a different holiday to what we were expecting, but hopefully still a good one.

One of the things we've been thinking about is adding car hire. We've previously had a car and stayed at Disney the whole holiday driving wherever we wanted to go. This year (with the introduction of the car parking charges) we were planning on a split stay between Disney and Universal and no car, relying on Disney transportation and occasional Uber or hiring a car for a day or two only. Obviously we don't know yet how Disney will be managing their transportation. But a car is now more tempting to make it easier to keep a distance from people and also as I think we may be planning more days outside the parks than we had thought. But then on the flip side it will cost more money!

Didn't mean to take over your cheery thread with a post about cars , but that seems to have come out longer than I intended . Would be very interested in others thoughts.

But anyways, fingers crossed we all get to go and have lovely September holidays
Sep 2024 10th Anniversary SSR & SF Sep 2023 SF Post Accident Sep 2022 SSR, RP and ALK October 2019 Disneyland and San Diego Sep 2018 Back to SSR Sep 2016 With the Zebras - ALK Sep 2014 Honeymoon - SSR Sep 2013 Surprise engagement - SSR Sep 2011 Back for three weeks - Comfort Suites Maingate East Sep 2009 Trip one - Econolodge
C4rla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Flying with BA on September 17th, feeling a lot more hopefully now especially with Universal opening up next week and Disney putting their re-opening plan forward today! My only concern is FCO and having to quarantine when we get there or when we come home

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopyloo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
Have you been to Chicago before? It's a great town. If you've not been i recommend the Open top bus tours - rally get to see the sights and get a feel for the place.
Not been to Chicago before, so if we are unable to attend Ryder Cup, will stay in Chicago, so thanks for the tip
Loopyloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List