Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bishbop56
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Who did you boom with please?
With BA online at about 6am in the morning. Tampa was normally cheaper on days around it but this was cheaper from mco
bishbop56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Nope.

If your BA flights traverse Gatwick and Heathrow, you have to make your own way between the airports with your luggage.
Apologies, i must have been confusing our flights then and changing airports etc. It was a good few years back so can't remember the details plus we said there and then after getting a bus etc that we would never, ever do it again so have never looked or considered similar again
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
Well, I feared it would happen...my cheap return leg from Orlando has now nearly doubled in price, whilst i’m waiting for the outbound leg to reduce in price with BA. I’m now holding out for Virgin prices at the end of this week.
I feel your pain! My return date is released this week so I'm hoping for some movement this week... somewhere...perhaps. I am now committed to getting a good deal so I'm willing to wait... or walk.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
I feel your pain! My return date is released this week so I'm hoping for some movement this week... somewhere...perhaps. I am now committed to getting a good deal so I'm willing to wait... or walk.
Ha ha! I’m just wondering where I walk to! It’s so annoying when you can see the one leg of the journey, but not the other, with the price increasing. I could have booked at £3,600-£3,800 but it seemed ridiculous when August direct flights were £1000 less, even with car hire included.
I’m not even contemplating an indirect route on the outbound leg after a really awful experience with Aer Lingus last year. My patience is being tested now though.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessShelly
Excited about Disney

This is a cautionary tale - you snooze you lose!

Friday afternoon (while taking a break at work! ) I spotted good flights with BA doing same route as last year GLA LGW MCO with a price that was right. Got home and flights were still there at good price. Spoke to hubby who was 'square eyed' and paid little to no attention which I took as a lack of enthusiasm.

Mentioned it again to him in the morning (Sat) and he seemed interested. I had a running event to get to so ear-marked the time when I came home to get the flights booked.

You know whats coming next...

Logged on and the price for 2 ad, 1 ch had increased by total of £500

I've checked the prices several times thereafter and absolutely nothing like the original prices is now coming up.
PrincessShelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PrincessShelly View Post
This is a cautionary tale - you snooze you lose!

Friday afternoon (while taking a break at work! ) I spotted good flights with BA doing same route as last year GLA LGW MCO with a price that was right. Got home and flights were still there at good price. Spoke to hubby who was 'square eyed' and paid little to no attention which I took as a lack of enthusiasm.

Mentioned it again to him in the morning (Sat) and he seemed interested. I had a running event to get to so ear-marked the time when I came home to get the flights booked.

You know whats coming next...

Logged on and the price for 2 ad, 1 ch had increased by total of £500

I've checked the prices several times thereafter and absolutely nothing like the original prices is now coming up.
Aww what a shame it is pretty much how I feel after doing similar...My enthusiasm as gone at the minute. I am hoping Christmas sales may bring some decent prices
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I know this is the July etc thread but how much would you expect to pay direct to Miami or Tampa in May?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jankz33
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheSollys View Post
Hi,

I have never booked the flight & hotel separately, usually use Travel Republic etc.

This time I thought (going September 2020), I'd look into doing the flight & hotel independently to see if I can save anything.

Can anyone who has previously flown direct from Manchester to MCO in September, give me an idea of what a decent price for the flight, for two adults should/would be?

At present I have no idea what I sort of price I should be aiming for.

Thanks in advance for any guidance offered.
Exactly the same for us. We usually book a package so I’d be interested to know too...
Jankz33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotts2a
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Scotts2a's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Having monitored / stalked prices obsessively for the last 6 months, seeing them creep up, I really can't wait to get mine booked for September and start of October next year. Might have to try and hold out for either October sales this year possibly Christmas. That being said, prices in April this year for this September were really good, so everything is in the air 😤😫
Scotts2a is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

My booking window opens tomorrow. Looking at the flights today (returning the day before we need), they have increased a lot between this morning and this afternoon.

Big problem though - DDs boss has still not approved her leave. Apparantly he disappeared to Scotland to go fishing without telling anyone, so might be days now before we get it approved.

So if there's a bargain, I wont be able to book it