Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Jul 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Car collection near universal

Hi

Sorry if this had been posted I've tried having a search and wasn't really sure what I was looking for.

We are wanting to hire a car next year for 27 nights, but we wanted to stay at universal first for 2 nights so was thinking taxi from airport to there then we don't have to pay for parking, then picking up a car for our Windsor hills stay.

We will be 2ad 2ch, we will take a booster for the older child but then will need to hire a car seat for the younger child will the hire places away from the airport have car seats to hire too?

Also any help.with what size car we will need as will have at least 2 big suitcases, 4 cabin bags and at least one buggy.

Sorry for all the questions first time hiring a car abroad and don't really have a clue where to start.

Thank you.
Disney1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Avis are at all the Universal on site hotels. You should be able to book a car seat when you reserve the car too. With a family of four plus luggage my preference would be a large SUV or mini van
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Although staying in the Royal Pacific, We got a much reduced price by taking our hire car from the very nearby holiday inn. R Pacific quoted a £15 minimum for any taxi from their Hotel so we called one up for $5 total.

Holiday Inn had my preferred Florida choice, Budget and also Avis.

It would seem that if you are staying on site Universal, you pay a rich mans premium even when leaving.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you both didn't realise could actually collect from the universal hotels, I do think price may be a factor though so will also have a look at the holiday Inn. Thank you.
Old 11 Jul 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. If you want Alamo they are based at The Four Points Sheraton Hotel on I Drive. Probably a $5 Uber ride to get there or a good 20 min walk.

Edit. As you only have 2 large cases I would opt for a Standard SUV. That way the buggy will also fit in nicely.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:14 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We've picked up cars from both the Holiday Inn and Four Points when staying at Universal Orlando before.short cab ride to both. Be sure you avoid lunchtime as the office will close. Absolutely no choice of car, last time with Alamo at Four Points we were upgraded to a Ford Flex -- the ugliest and most uncomfortable car ever!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you.. will have a look at the four points too.. not really bothered about choice of car as such as don't know much about them 😂

Will definitely try and book an SUV though and hope for the best.
Old 12 Jul 20, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. MaryA isn't joking about the Ford Flex. I think it was designed by a 2 year old with a blunt crayon!

If you get given a dog of a car at one of the Hotel rental places that carry little stock you can always swap it out at one of the bigger depots such as the one by the Magic Kingdom if it's an Alamo car. Elsewhere for the other companies.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

😂 love that description.. thank you that's good too know we can go swap out he car, will do some research on what cars too look for and stuff.