Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 10 Jul 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Ha ha never noticed the date

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Nikki92
Having Dinner with Goofy

Question Has anyone had a wedding at DC?

Hi,

has anyone had a wedding at discovery cove? I would really like to know what your experience was like?

sorry for asking on someone else's post but it makes sense to keep it all in one post.

Nikki92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaffer
Proud to wear my Ears

My daughter got married at dc on the 8th May, everything was perfect from arriving to when everyone left at closing. It’s an early start bride has to arrive at 6:30, everyone else to be there by 7am and ceremony at 7:30 on the beach facing the waterfall. All the staff was brilliant treated everyone not just the bride and groom like VIPs all day. They made sure everyone got to dolphin swims and sea venture on time, and little extras like bring out a baby armadillo to keep the kids occupied when the photos were being taken.
Gaffer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sunflower22
First POST

We've decided on DC. We're going to be getting married there in Feb 2020. Whilst the package may be more expensive than other places in Florida, we are only a small group (7 in total) and for us it is the perfect option as it means we can get married in a "beach setting" which is what we've always wanted and then there's a day of fun to follow! Otherwise I'm not sure what we'd do for the rest of the day!
Easy with meals and photos included too! x
sunflower22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Zacknkeirasmum
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by elliecjno1 View Post
Now got all the details & prices if anyone wants anymore info to save emailing them
Hi could I please have the details if you still have them? I got engaged there and we will be there again exactly 10 years later so I am wanting to get married on that day. There will be just us 2 and our 2 kids as I don't want a big thing, not sure if they will do such a small ceremony? Thanks xx
Zacknkeirasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nomz77
First POST

Hi all. I know this thread is from a while back. But what was the price of the wedding package. We're considering getting married in Discovery Cove .
Thanks
Nomz77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Getting Excited

We are getting married at Discovery Cove next year - booked last year - and the price for the wedding was $3194.94 [edited to say this includes tax]. You also need to pay for park tickets separately on top of this.

One thing I would say is that although the setting is beautiful we have found the communication to be very poor - some examples are changing their minds about whether the park was allowing weddings on our initially chosen date, the special occasions team telling us we needed to pay in full before the end of last year to avoid a price increase but their finance department saying that wasn't possible and also the sales rep we were assigned frequently forgetting to send receipts, taking weeks to reply etc. Our last communication with her was that she had somehow accidentally refunded a large chunk of our wedding so we would need to phone and pay again - no apology, explanation or offer to cover the additional fees we would incur.

Hoping it gets better closer to the wedding as we are a long way out. Customer service in person in the park has always been stellar so we have been really surprised by our experience.

Disney World Florida five times and counting!

Edited at 11:47 AM.
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Neilandrewhall
Excited about Disney

Wow that is totally crazy - How does it work with getting married in America and being recongised in the UK?

Originally Posted by jemrock View Post
We are getting married at Discovery Cove next year - booked last year - and the price for the wedding was $3194.94 [edited to say this includes tax]. You also need to pay for park tickets separately on top of this.

One thing I would say is that although the setting is beautiful we have found the communication to be very poor - some examples are changing their minds about whether the park was allowing weddings on our initially chosen date, the special occasions team telling us we needed to pay in full before the end of last year to avoid a price increase but their finance department saying that wasn't possible and also the sales rep we were assigned frequently forgetting to send receipts, taking weeks to reply etc. Our last communication with her was that she had somehow accidentally refunded a large chunk of our wedding so we would need to phone and pay again - no apology, explanation or offer to cover the additional fees we would incur.

Hoping it gets better closer to the wedding as we are a long way out. Customer service in person in the park has always been stellar so we have been really surprised by our experience.
Neilandrewhall is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Neilandrewhall View Post
Wow that is totally crazy - How does it work with getting married in America and being recongised in the UK?
Same as getting married at home.
US weddings are legally recognised in the U.K. , just produce your certificate as proof if you are changing your name, need to prove you are married for any legal reasons. Only issue I had was with an exceptionally dozy doctor’s receptionist who told me as my wedding certificate had my former name on it not my married name it wasn’t valid (I pointed out U.K. marriage certificates are exactly the same and simply state Miss X married Mr Z and that taking your husbands name is social convention ... dopey mare )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List