Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 14 Feb 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mpet View Post
You are supposed to use it at the first signs of a cold (thickly throat) and its supposed to stop the virus growing and developing into a full blown cold. From my experience it does work if you catch it early enough.

By using it when we fly, the theory is, it creates a hostile environment for cold germs to get a hold.

Im not sure it would help with Coronavirus, but Im happy if it stops me getting a cold when Im on holiday😊
I hope you have one each for each member of your party as sharing one may actually encourage transmition.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This may be useful too
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando!
Unread 14 Feb 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

You could get hit by a bus tomorrow!

We have two foreign holidays booked this year and I am not worrying. What will be will be & I have travel insurance.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by thefourDs View Post
You could get hit by a bus tomorrow!

We have two foreign holidays booked this year and I am not worrying. What will be will be & I have travel insurance.
I do wonder if all insurance companies will pay out if it becomes necessary?

1995 Indian Ridge - 1998 Hamiltons Reserve
2000 Omni Rosen - 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLP
2007 West Stonebridge - 2009 Lake Wilson
2011/13/14 Town Centre - 2016/18/20 Windwood Bay
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Has anyone found out if you can claim on your insurance if your put into quarantine so unable to go to work? Wouldn't effect us just interested to know if insurance companies are paying out for stuff as they usually find any reason they can not to pay out.
Unread 14 Feb 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

sunseeker100's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Were in Florida in April too and Im not worried about this virus or any for that matter. Like another poster said, lots of deaths every year in the U.K. from flu, but no one seems to panic every winter. And this is a cold virus after all.

Ill be trusting my natural immune system to do its job as I dont personally believe in anti bac stuff and seeing as I get no more than one cold, if that, a year Im ok with that approach. I fly 2 or 3 times a year, commute by (grotty) train and work in various offices each week so god knows what I get exposed to! Just my personal view and Im not knocking anyone who feels better using anti bac things.

Totally understand those with compromised immune systems, elderly, babies etc have a different approach and Im sure Id be thinking differently if I was in one of those groups.

Our trips might be affected by things outside of our control, but until then Im counting down the hours and excitedly planning as usual 🤗
Unread 14 Feb 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dotb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Has anyone found out if you can claim on your insurance if your put into quarantine so unable to go to work? Wouldn't effect us just interested to know if insurance companies are paying out for stuff as they usually find any reason they can not to pay out.
What insurance? I cant actually think of any type of insurance policy that would cover not being able to go to work because youre put into quarantine. Not heard of such a policy!
Unread 15 Feb 20, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

PPM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by dotb View Post
What insurance? I cant actually think of any type of insurance policy that would cover not being able to go to work because youre put into quarantine. Not heard of such a policy!
Statutory Sick Pay would cover it.
I think, as you are medically unable to work.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
RC Flying Corfu 1 week May 2 weeks Aug