Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Nov 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
briant2001
Excited about Disney

50's Prime Time Diner vs SciFi Drive In

I don't know why, but I've gotten an itch to try 50's Prime Time next year when we go, kids are loving the look of the SciFi Drive In (and now I've seen that the food there is by the same people as d-Luxe burger)

I've never eaten at either so anybody offer up an opinion?

2018 Port Orleans & Loews Royal Pacific

2022 ONSITE?
briant2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ChesterDraws
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Is it really by D-Luxe? I had no idea! I'm veggie and prefer the food at Sci-Fi a lot. They do serve food on boards and in baskets though, which makes it difficult to eat when you're trying to do so off a tiny dashboard counter in a car, in the pitch black with barely any elbow room. Eating in a car is a novelty and our server was VERY attentive last time we ate there but that novelty wears off quickly and apart from the B movie clips, which get old very quickly, there's not much else to it. It's fun though.

For overall experience, I prefer Prime Time. The food is just ok (the veggie options anyway, the non veggie meals look better), but the antics of the servers and the interaction between them and the quests is more entertaining, and doesn't get boring.
ChesterDraws is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Never done Prime Time but we all love Sci-Fi.

Not sure about the burgers been from D-Lux though, we’ve eaten there before and after D-Lux turned up and didn’t notice any difference in our meals, I also don’t really understand why they would be?

We’ve had a car and table seating. Lack of car wasn’t an issue, it was a different experience.
Old 14 Nov 17, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Sci-Fi burgers are amazing and were one of my fave meals of our last trip! We also went to D-Lux but found it quite greasy and underwhelming, especially compared to Sci-Fi!
Old 15 Nov 17, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

I didn't enjoy sci fi I'm afraid, the burger was greasy and I felt queasy for a while afterwards, liked the theming though but probably wouldn't eat there again. Never tried 50's prime time so can't compare

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We did both and while I enjoyed sci fi, it didnt compare to prime time diner, the atmosphere and food are so much better we felt, at prime time, the milkshakes were fantastic, the buttermilk fried chicken was really delicious, and my favourite- chicken pot pie, yummy! There are photos of both in my trip report of that helos, link below, do both if you can?

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Probably going against the norm here but I thought the sci fi diner was a complete wast of money. Poor quality food at daft prices while watching a boring screen repeating itself. That was 3 years ago so maybe it’s improved. But please be aware we tend to think Disney restaurants are overpriced and overrated anyway.