Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Nov 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post

MK Christmas Day leave park then return?

We're doing MK on Christmas Day, I know it'll be manic, however now that the hours have changed and we can use EMH from 7am, are we likely to get back into the park if we leave after lunch (12:55pm ADR), chill for a few hours and return in early evening to see HEA and do some more rides. We've got a couple of FP booked for pre-lunch and 7DMT at 4:30pm so we'd need to change the 3rd FP (either for our return visit or before lunch?). DD's are 12 & 13 so the later night isn't a problem but I'm thinking a respite from the crowds would be helpful.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

As you are staying on site that definitely sounds like a plan. Have you thought about where you'd want to eat that day and when ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

The DD's wanted Pizza/Italian for Christmas day so we've got ADR booked for Tony’s Town Square at 12:55, we're not on a DDP so we haven't booked anything else yet on the 25/12, perhaps we could eat at our resort (POR) before heading back out or QS as we go, although I'm thinking another ADR might be prudent. I've just realised Tony's is right next the entrance/exit so I'm thinking that might be a good time to take a break from MK.
Old 20 Nov 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I've never tried to get QS late afternoon Christmas Day but I'd imagine it might be busy with guests who have returned to their resort after finding MK is rammed and difficulties with finding places to eat. Maybe omeone who has will be along to comment.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The only potential issue you may have is this is one of the few days where MK can and does reach capacity. So if you leave, you may not necessarily be able to get back in. Particularly if you were planning to sneak back in just in time for HEA, as I'm sure many others would have the same idea.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

If the park reaches capacity they use this system:

Stage Zero - Due to limited available parking, Guests may be directed to alternate parking areas where they will use Resort transportation to travel to the park of their choice.

Stage 1 - At this stage each Guest in a vehicle must have a valid multi-day ticket. Also Guests with a Park Hopper or re-entering the Park, by showing a currently dated Parking Receipt, will be allowed in. Also, any Guests using Disney transportation are allowed.

Stage 2 - At this stage, Theme Park admission is limited to Disney Resort Guests, Annual and Premium Annual Passholders, Guests with Park Hopper tickets crossing over from another Park, Guests re-entering this Park today. Guests with written confirmation of reservations for Dining or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League within one hour are also admitted. Guests using Walt Disney World Resort Transportation will be admitted. Guests not meeting the above criteria are told the Theme Park has reached capacity.

Stage 3 - At this stage, Theme Park admission is limited to Disney Resort Guests, Annual and Premium Annual Passholders. Guests with written confirmation of reservations for Dining or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League within one hour are also admitted.

Stage 4 - Nobody is allowed in.
Old 20 Nov 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

That's one complicated system Geoff, but thanks for posting. I really wouldn't want to see a stage 4 capacity MK. I'm bad enough when it reaches crowd level 4.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks for all that. If it gets to stage 4, will that be it until closing time or does it become "1 out/1 in" and if so what sort of time is it likely to ease off.
We've got time in our schedule to go back and see HEA so there's other opportunities.
Old 20 Nov 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
If it gets to stage 4 you probably don’t want to be in anyway. It’s not about long queues for rides, it’s about not being able to walk as the pavements are so crowded. I’ve never been in the park when it closed for capacity but I’ve seen some uncomfortable crowds, so I can’t imagine the congestion if it’s at capacity.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List