Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Oct 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
These sites should not be allowed to sell the flight with no baggage and no choice to pay when booking and I am sure if this was said to BA on the phone they would have to help you out.

It is basically a trap for those looking for cheap flights and do not notice there is no hold luggage because they are excited to book a good price
It’s not the online travel agents at fault. This year we booked with Travel Trolley and had baggage included. However BA then introduced the basic economy ticket and that is what Travel Trolley & others were then selling.
If you go on BA’s own website you will see they are selling an economy ticket which does not include baggage, has smaller seat pitch, and last to board. The next category ticket up from that is quite a lot more expensive and sounds very like the ticket formerly World Traveller Plus.
As far as the OP is concerned, I personally would check on BA exactly what is and what is not included.

Edited at 04:58 PM.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
It’s not the online travel agents at fault. This year we booked with Travel Trolley and had baggage included. However BA then introduced the basic economy ticket and that is what Travel Trolley & others were then selling.
If you go on BA’s own website you will see they are selling an economy ticket which does not include baggage, has smaller seat pitch, and last to board. The next category ticket up from that is quite a lot more expensive and sounds very like the ticket formerly World Traveller Plus.
As far as the OP is concerned, I personally would check on BA exactly what is and what is not included.
Yes I know on BA site you have the economy basic ticket with no hold baggage and then have the choice to upgrade Economy standard with hold baggage but on these other sites they are just selling the basic with no option to upgrade to standard.
What people tend to do is see the cheap flight and go for it as what has happened here, then realise no hold baggage.

So if the travel sites gave the option to upgrade to standard just as the BA site does then it would not happen

The standard ticket on BA site is not that much more around £30 - £40 to include hold
Economy basic and economy standard have the same seat pitch it is premium ecomony where the seat pitch is bigger.

I am not sure why people are booking the BA flights through 3rd parties from what I have seen there no cheaper than booking direct with BA.

Edited at 10:43 PM. Reason: Added image
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

As I said we booked with Travel Trolley though in the past we have booked direct with BA. TT were quite a bit cheaper than booking direct and this was before the new pricing structure came in.
I am one of these people who keep going back to see if their flight has gone up in price (makes me feel like I got a bargain and I did see that later price quotes no longer had the “1 hold bag” included.
Just shows how careful we need to be on small print especially when dealing with 3rd part sites.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
stetash
Getting to know the DIBB

It was £40 per case outbound, I think it’s $59 per case incoming
stetash is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
Yes you can pay for hold luggage at the airport but do they not charge you extortionate rates at the desk, I know from past trips where I have seen people pay at the desk it was so much a kilo.

These sites should not be allowed to sell the flight with no baggage and no choice to pay when booking and I am sure if this was said to BA on the phone they would have to help you out.

It is basically a trap for those looking for cheap flights and do not notice there is no hold luggage because they are excited to book a good price
I’ve posted the prices from the website above. It’s £40 or $55 with BA.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

We have worked out it will cost approx £75-80 per 23kg bag for the whole flight - so happy with this -

The exact flight we booked is now £737 per person and we paid £260 per person - so even with the baggage costs added -a bargain for a flight from manchester to orlando!

Edited at 09:54 AM.
baldybouncer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post

On ba.com both the BA Basic and Standard Economy tickets are located in the same cabin and the seats/seat pitch are exactly the same. The fare basis goes from Economy Basic, Economy Standard, Premium Economy (WTP), then Club World and First if appropriate.

The BA website for Basic tickets could be a little clearer as at the moment it doesn't state seat pitch and food and drink included and this will be changed in the future I believe which should help passengers make the choice suitable for them.

Edited at 11:21 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
On ba.com both the BA Basic and Standard Economy tickets are located in the same cabin and the seats/seat pitch are exactly the same. The fare basis goes from Economy Basic, Economy Standard, Premium Economy (WTP), then Club World and First if appropriate.

The BA website for Basic tickets could be a little clearer as at the moment it doesn't state seat pitch and food and drink included and this will be changed in the future I believe which should help passengers make the choice suitable for them.
To be honest we always buy our own food in the airport and bring it aboard ( ginsters pasty is better than the pre-warmed up slop the airlines serve!) so we wouldn't be bothered if we don't get offered food - as for the seat pitch - I doubt they have a few seats closer together for the cheap flights!