Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 Nov 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bladelia
Getting Excited

So I have done online check in, and am now doing skip the counter, just put my debit card details in (same card I paid with) and its saying debit cards not accepted, so I can pay with a debit but can't skip the line with a debit card. WTH

Edit, apparently i can bypass that bit and print off barcode.

Edited at 09:32 PM.
Bladelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bladelia
Getting Excited

So, got to Alamo at Fort Lauderdale on Thursday at about 3pm, they had no standard suvs left so got upgraded to a VW Atlas V6, very nice, but drinks fuel like nobody’s business. At the exit they wouldn’t accept my debit card unless I had proof of a return ticket, which I never had to hand, so had to hand over a credit card instead. Very odd, never had a problem with a debit card before.
Bladelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Bladelia View Post
So, got to Alamo at Fort Lauderdale on Thursday at about 3pm, they had no standard suvs left so got upgraded to a VW Atlas V6, very nice, but drinks fuel like nobody’s business. At the exit they wouldn’t accept my debit card unless I had proof of a return ticket, which I never had to hand, so had to hand over a credit card instead. Very odd, never had a problem with a debit card before.
That is their policy but they don't always adhere to it. Actually all the companies have this requirement but it's hit and miss if you get asked or not.

Nice car by the way, one was alongside me in a WDW car park the other day. Huge!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bladelia View Post
At the exit they wouldn’t accept my debit card unless I had proof of a return ticket, which I never had to hand, so had to hand over a credit card instead. Very odd, never had a problem with a debit card before.
My son in law had the same request to see his return flight details when he presented a debit card when we hired 3 cars from Alamo Tampa in July. Fortunately I had all the details on the Virgin app to hand.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Just to let people know my SIL used skip the counter yesterday at MCO without any problems
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List