Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Nov 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsMoney View Post
No it's not. Rides are open as usual to all onsite guests during EMH, you just can't apply FPs during these times.

Also I'm a little confused by your comment as we are about to head off to DLP for the first time (we are regulars at WDW) and my understanding is that many rides are open during EMH? Is that not the case?
I haven't been to DLP since they changed EMH to be in both parks but when I was there in May, only about 5 rides were open during EMH. PP (which was down), Teacups, Dumbo, Buzz and Astro from memory. There really wasn't much to do, I honestly didn't even bother with it the following day.

As for MK, I thought only the right side of the park was open during morning EMH? So no HM, BTM, etc. I think everything stays open for evening EMH though.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I haven't been to DLP since they changed EMH to be in both parks but when I was there in May, only about 5 rides were open during EMH. PP (which was down), Teacups, Dumbo, Buzz and Astro from memory. There really wasn't much to do, I honestly didn't even bother with it the following day.

As for MK, I thought only the right side of the park was open during morning EMH? So no HM, BTM, etc. I think everything stays open for evening EMH though.
That seems a little rubbish especially seen as the legacy system is still in use for FPs at DLP. I take it that means you queue for every ride? Our children are 13 & 7 so character meets are not of interest to them and not sure what else we would do during EMH other than use the rides!

We've never done morning EMH at MK, stuck to evenings there and used everything.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I found the current EMH attractions on another forum...

Disneyland Park - Le Carrousel de Lancelot, Peter Pan’s Flight, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Mad Hatter’s Teacups, Princess Pavilion.

Walt Disney Studios - Crush’s Coaster, Ratatouille: The Adventure, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster

So they've opened the Studios, but closed off Tomorrowland in the Parc itself so effectively there's not anything extra open. I did single rider on Ratatouille and was on within 5 minutes compared to an hour's standby line.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies everyone. You've helped me refine my plans so that I'm now ignoring EEH but where convenient, we'll still head to those parks with EMH. We should be okay to get to the parks for opening so hopefully we'll get the most out of the first few hours of the day and will play it by ear as to whether we then head to another park as things get busy.

Thanks again for all your replies - as ever, hugely helpful
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We are making the most of evening emh and its great practically walking on to everything. We haven't planned them, yesterday we finished at AK and decided to pop to Epcot for their evening emh. It was really worth it
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I found the current EMH attractions on another forum...

Disneyland Park - Le Carrousel de Lancelot, Peter Pan’s Flight, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Mad Hatter’s Teacups, Princess Pavilion.

Walt Disney Studios - Crush’s Coaster, Ratatouille: The Adventure, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster

So they've opened the Studios, but closed off Tomorrowland in the Parc itself so effectively there's not anything extra open. I did single rider on Ratatouille and was on within 5 minutes compared to an hour's standby line.
Thank you, that's very helpful 😊
We will probably just stick to the Walt Disney Studios Park for EMH then given those rides get very busy during the day. I do love Peter Pan's Flight but we've exhausted it at WDW so happy to just go on it once in DLP and queue.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
EMH parks are not recommended because crowd calendars, busy day guides and such are aimed towards the regular guest.
The regular guest does not stay onsite and does not have a park hopper. Therefore they can't use EMH, and as such, the *regular guest* should avoid EMH parks

But, IF you stay onsite and have access to EMH you should take advantage of them. Maybe not everyday, but at least make some sensible use of them

Here are my prerequisites for making good use of EMH, and it's under the form of simple questions

1- Am I staying onsite ?
2- Am I able to change parks during the day (park hopper or ultimate ticket) ?

If you can answer yes to both questions, you can proceed with the next set of questions. If you answer no to at least one of the 2 questions above, then avoid EMH parks
I agree with the above (although we still tend to stay at the park for the whole day).

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
3- Am I willing to be at the park's gates at least 30 minutes prior to EMH start ?
4- Am I willing to leave the EMH park by lunchtime, either to park hop to the recommended park, or for a pool afternoon, or whatever activities ?

If you can answer yes to both questions, then definitely make use of the (morning) EMH
If you answer no to question #3, then avoid EMH because you won't get any benefit from it
In my opinion, you don't have to turn up at the gate 30 minutes before EMH to make use of it. We've arrived at 15 minutes after EMH start on a couple of occasions and the park is still very quiet. We've managed to get a lot done in those 45 minutes plus the first hour of regular opening when the crowds are still fairly low.

Although the parks with EMH are a bit busier I've never really found them to be significantly busier. Yes, it is beneficial to park hop to another park by late morning. But if you stay in the EMH park it's not like it's twice as busy as normal. TBH, the extra time and hassle spent park hopping almost balances out the extra time spent queuing in the busier EMH park.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:36 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List