Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Nov 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Schualice
Trying for More Ears

Can you book fast passes every day in Disney parks even if you visit them more than once?

I have booked 7 day fast passes for Disney in June. I think we can book fast passes for 3-4 rides, is this daily even if we go to the same park more than once? Also there don't seem to be fast passes for Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Bay, is this because there isn't much queuing?
Schualice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Hi,

It doesn't matter if you stay in one park or come & go all day. The rules are the same regardless of how you move around (or don't).

Each person can initially book 3 FP per day - these 3 must all be in the same park.
(Note - park tiering means that at AK, EP & HS you can only have 1 of the "headline" rides and two less popular).

After you have used the first 3, you are then able to book an additional FP in any of the eligible parks although most of the "good ones" my be gone by this point. Tiering no longer applies, you can get another tier 1 ride if there are any left.

After you have used the additional FP (4th one) you can then book another.

And so on, and so on until you have had enough or there are none left.

No, there are no fast pass rides at Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. I don;t know officially why but we have never felt they would be needed. Most rides are very minimal wait when we visit (Sept/Oct).

Edited at 03:29 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I'm not sure what you mean by having booked 7 day fast passes but to answer your question, you can book 3 fast passes per day in any one park out of animal kingdom, mk, Epcot and hs. Once you've used these fast passes you can add more. You can repeat the same parks and even same rides of different days I.e book flight if passage on 3 different days if available but the 3 passes you book each day have to be for the same park. Fast passes are booked 60 days ahead of arrival for Disney guests and 30 days for off site (this is why I was confused by you having booked fast passes if you are going in June). Disney do not currently offer fast passes for water parks but that's not to say there isn't much queuing unfortunately. 😀
Old 17 Nov 17, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
(this is why I was confused by you having booked fast passes if you are going in June)
Good spot, didn't twig there.

OP do you mean you have bought 7 day tickets for June?

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Schualice
Trying for More Ears

Sorry, I made an error, I have just booked the passes for Disney next year, not booked fast passes yet as can't do that until nearer the time. Do we have to book the actual day as well at time of booking fast pass? If so, we will have to decide what we are doing before we go!
Schualice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Schualice
Trying for More Ears

Is there a limit to how many fast passes the park will take each day? Are there always some left later on if you need them?
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Schualice View Post
Sorry, I made an error, I have just booked the passes for Disney next year, not booked fast passes yet as can't do that until nearer the time. Do we have to book the actual day as well at time of booking fast pass? If so, we will have to decide what we are doing before we go!
Do you have an account on mydisneyexperience.com? If not, you may wish to create one and add your ticket details and the details of those you are travelling with.

You will then need to decide which park you would like to go to on which day.
This website and Touring Plans offer busy day guides which might be useful for you. I used both and cross referenced.
Once you know which parks you'd like to visit, do a bit of research and choose which rides you would like to do.

60 days from arrival if you are on-site, or 30 days from arrival if you are offsite you will be able to go onto the website or use the app to book 3 passes for each member of your party for each day you are there. If you are on-site you can book for the length of your stay (up to 10 days), if you are off site it will be day by day (I believe).

Once you have used your 3 each day, you can book another and another and another but one at a time. Your first 3 all need to be at the same park, but after that you can book for anywhere.
For example, say you spend the morning in Magic Kingdom and use 3 FastPasses, you could then hop on the monorail to Epcot and book another fastpass for a ride there.

You can also use FastPasses any day. For example, one day we went to Animal Kingdom first thing and used our 3 passes then left and went shopping. Another day we chilled by the pool all day and went to Hollywood Studios just for the evening and used the passes then.
This is worth knowing if you plan to do the waterparks. You could do the waterpark but do some rides before or after if you fancied it.

Is there a limit to how many fast passes the park will take each day? Are there always some left later on if you need them?
There are a set number of FastPasses released per ride, per day. TouringPlans has a page which shows availability in advance to give you an idea of popularity.
There are usually FastPasses available as the day goes on after you have used your first 3, but these may not be the most popular rides, as all of their available FastPasses may have been booked. However, people change plans and cancel all the time too, so it is worth checking as something you want to ride may pop up.
If it's your first time you could ride lots of rides by booking one FastPass after the other.

Finally, it is flexible. Although it is daunting to choose which park you want to go to and which rides you will want to do a month or two in advance, you can switch things around with no penalty - you just might struggle to reschedule some of the more popular rides.
We cancelled/switched passes on the night before and on the day when we went. There is no penalty for changing plans.

One thing I would say is if you do decide not to use a pass for something, do cancel it as someone else might be able to use it.

I hope that helps you? It sounds complicated but it really isn't - I actually ended up really enjoying the planning and feel a bit bereft now it's over!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Do we have to book the actual day as well at time of booking fast pass? If so, we will have to decide what we are doing before we go!
Yes, you have to book the actual day, park, time and attraction. You book 3 attractions per day of your ticket.

Think of it like an appointment to the doctors/hairdressers or a reservation at a restaurant. You pick a time/day slot sometime before you go. With the Disney fastpasses you can easily change those slots if you want (subject to availability).

There's a limit to how many fastpasses there are in total available for each attraction. Some attractions are very popular (eg. the new Avatar rides or the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) and fastpasses for these can run out weeks beforehand. Other (less popular) attractions will still have fastpasses available on the day to select, although the time slots might be a bit limited.

It's a bit like getting a meal at a popular restaurant - you can book a reservation weeks in advance to secure a table and the earlier you book the better chance of getting a table. But if you turn up on the day there may not be any reservations available and you may have to wait a while for a table to become free instead. At the theme parks, the regular queue is always available.

For more information about the Fastpass+ system, see the following page:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Dis...s--p-1042.html

Hope that helps!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:38 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List